a two point perspective that i did in 20 minutes

by lillianna

so basically i forgot to do this for art class and then my teacher called me out because i was the only one who didn’t turn it in. then i cried for a minute and got to work.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi there! Niteowl here to leave a quick review.

First off, I hope you got credit for turning in that assignment! I know I've been guilty of doing assignments as the teacher was coming to collect them, though I know there's no way I'd be able to do this in 20 minutes.

Secondly, this is overall well done. The shading is good and the shapes are mostly well-defined, especially the pyramid on top of the prism. The one I think is iffy is the shape behind the pyramid on top of the prism. I'm not sure if it's meant to be rectangular or rounded-the shadow looks more rounded than the others but the shape itself is more rectangular. If you need to revise this, I would try to define it more clearly. I'm also a little confused by the cube in the top right that appears to be floating. Perhaps that was part of the assignment (to make it look like it's floating in 3-D space) but on the face of it it seems odd.

This is a bit nitpicky, but it seems like the shadow behind the prism on the right is going a different direction than the others, like it's more east-to-west than southeast-to-northwest (not sure if that makes sense but it's the best way I can describe it).

Overall, this is well done and better than I could do, especially in just 20 minutes. Keep drawing! :D

lillianna says...

hi, thanks for reviewing! i totally agree with everything that you said after looking at the spots you pointed out. this is definitely not my best, and i will come back to this review if i need to revise! have a lovely day.

lillianna says...

Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:05 pm
Soccer23 wrote a review...

OMG YOU DID THIS IN TWENTY MINUTES!!! Bro do you do out of school art or something? That is crazy!!! Keep posting, and if I ever have a shading assignment or something, if you would, i'll shoot you a message on the YWS platform, and i'd really appreciate if you could give me some pointers; i had to draw a sphere once last year and i was coloring and erasing for hours 😂😂😂😂😂 oh and cool ur using this as a drawing platform, didn't think of that, I got here yesterday, and i think it's pretty cool so far....

GREAT JOB KEEP DRAWING

lillianna says...

oh my gosh thank you!!!! i%u2019m actually just in high school, but i%u2019ve been to a lot of art classes through scholarships and stuff, so i%u2019ve had a lot of teaching. and of course feel free to PM me anytime for help, i%u2019ll try my best!

Soccer23 says...

Thanks so much!

Soccer23 says...

"i've been to a lot of art classes through scholarships and stuff, so i've had a lot of teaching"

Aha! You got a million art scholarships! Not very surprised %uD83D%uDE04

lillianna says...

yeah i%u2019ve gotten a few throughout the years. they%u2019re really helpful, so i%u2019ve worked hard to get them!

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:46 pm
Lib says...

The shading and the shadows :o

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:54 pm
Rosewood says...

Honestly, this is better than one my art teacher made in ten hours. (And she only did two objects!)

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Euphory says...

Oh.my.god. This is so freaking cool! Dude how'd you get that done in just 20 minutes?? AGH WOW I hope you submitted this now and got graded good XD

lillianna says...

ahahaha thanks! i hope i get a good grade too.

Euphory says...

You're welcome! Let's hope together, my friend :)

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan