z

Young Writers Society



The False Thought

by kenadaey


She sat there, going through the normal routine. She shook the mouse on the computer, bringing the dark screen to life. Moving the cursor to the left side of the screen, she double clicked the internet icon, and typed in the address that would direct her to facebook. Moving the cursor to the required fields, she typed her email and password, without a thought. Her emotion was blank, and her thoughts nothing unusual. She had a message, as always, she responded, and ventured to his profile, like always. Nothing sparked her interest, she had already like all of his photos, well almost, and most of his posts. She found it funny that most of his personal information was private, that he never changed anything, and that he only made a status when he deathly had that feeling. She laughed to herself, knowing that no matter how many times she looks, nothing will have changed. Then she does what she always does after scrolling a few inches down the page. Going to the search bar she typed in that name, the name that she always wondered about, and what was still going on. She was startled by her findings, nine mutual friends, instead of the usual 10. This can’t be she thought, there’s no way, and she still sat there in disbelief and wonder. Clicking the name, she hoped it would be true, but at the same time hoped it was someone else. The browser seemed like it took an eternity to load, then her bright smiling face appeared on the screen. She stared. Wondering just what it was that was keeping him in her grasp. She went through the normal thoughts of how pretty she is, no beautiful, and how it looked like everyone loved her. She was lost, memorized by the identity she had created for this girl; she made her into the perfect girl, and altered her personality by the day, making her, more perfect. She moved out of that state of mind, realizing that making it seem more real than it is, was the worst thing she could do. So, she continued to scroll, until, something caught her eye, she sat there is shock, in disbelief, she knew it had to be false. The girls page still said the usual “In a relationship”, but this time, it didn’t say with who. She knew it was too good to be true, but she could still hope, right? She continued to search finding what she was looking for; she clicked the girl’s “friends” link, and once again, scrolled. She was once again in utter disbelief at what her eyes then saw, he was no longer friends with her, whether she deleted him, or he deleted her, she just didn’t care, because there was a slight glimmer of hope, maybe. Then she went on with the normal routine, she messaged him the same I love you, logged out, and clicked the red X. She knew it was too good to be true, in fact she knew what she was thinking was purely false. But was it pathetic of her to at the least hope it was true, to hope that a relationship was demolished for her personal gain. She sat there staring as the edited picture of him and her as her background. She sat there, thinking, of everything that every happen, just thinking, not making decision, not being rash, just, thinking. After sitting there for a few moments, she gave up on her never ending thoughts, and let go of that glimmer of hope. She bent down and held the power button for a few moments until the screen went a deathly black. And that was it, nothing was going to change, she figured, she got up and walked away from the computer letting all the thoughts slip her mind. When the computer screen and tower and given there last breathe, they let out the last hope of truth she had left. Honestly, she didn’t care; she had always figured it would be like this. So she walked through her house, Ron Pope blaring through her stereo speakers, clouding all the left thoughtsof remembrance. She lay down on the couch, and as her white lids closed the last words she heard were those of Ron Pope. “Beautiful things never last, that’s why fireflies flash”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 174 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl