z

Young Writers Society



Celebration of Death for Henry Stew Ert

by justine94


Celebration of Death 2009-2010

Henry Stew Ert, a native of Gravity, Iowa, died on December 16, 2010 of unnatural causes after breaking his neck.

Henry was hatched in the spring of 2009 (date unknown). He settled in the chicken house and soon established his dictatorship. It was then that he met his enemies, Michael and Natalie. He attacked them on several occasions and came away with a bruised chest. Henry did not get out much, which is why he only met a few humans in his too-long life: Kurt Johnson, David Jones, Morgan Showalter, Ashley Bullington, Nina Koch, Terry Krone, Justine Johnson, Brian Stamps, John Rawson, and Jordan Brasher.

Henry attacked Morgan and Ashley in August of 2010. He was also known to occasionally give David some trouble. In the spring of 2010, two new roosters, Strike and Roscoe, were added to the chicken house. While the three never met, they had crowing competitions 24/7.

On December 16, 2010, all three roosters’ lives abruptly came to a halt. Their scrawny necks were quickly snapped. While the residents of the chicken house may miss him, humans everywhere are rejoicing the death of Henry. The Johnson family enjoyed making Henry Stew out of Henry Stew Ert.

Preceding Henry in death are alumni of the chicken house, George and R.J. Johnson, many old ladies, and a few chicks.

Left to rejoice his death are many old ladies, the Johnson family, and numerous friends and relatives…of the Johnsons.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
659 Reviews


Points: 82352
Reviews: 659

Donate
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:18 pm
RandomTalks wrote a review...



Hey Justine!

RandomTalks here with a very short review!

It took me a second read to realize that this Henry Stew is actually a chicken and that is also probably where that weird name comes from. Well, this was short and simple, except I am not sure it really fits as an article. I would rather go for short story if I were you. Aside from that, this really was humorous. I never thought I would read about the life of a chicken over here at YWS and eventually how it became into stew. There is something about your straightforward narration and your short clipped sentences that makes this even more funnier. I think you messed up the tense there in the middle a little bit, by switching to present suddenly, but it got lost among the death of Henry. Despite all the mischief he caused, I really was sorry when his neck was snapped and he was made into chicken stew. Well, at least, he had an eventful life.

humans everywhere are rejoicing the death of Henry.

I think there will be 'at' here after 'rejoicing'.

This was actually a very fun and unexpected read.

Keep writing and have a great day!




User avatar
277 Reviews


Points: 7061
Reviews: 277

Donate
Thu May 03, 2012 2:37 am
Master_Yoda says...



I am disgusted. Good job.




justine94 says...


baha Why thank you! :)




Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet