12+ Violence Mature Content

Many Perspectives(S1, ep1)

by foxmaster

*I am writing this in the form of a story, while it is actually meant to be a screen play. Everything here bolded is a voice-over by Katy. Enjoy!*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Another shot of lightning crashess against the sky, and a girl falls off a huge skyscraper. It's fast, so fast you can barely process it. Then she hits the ground. People at a nearby cafe gasp in horror. 

A news show, now. The anchor is saying, "It must have been a lightning strike, but we can't identify-"

Newspapers saying: Teenager falls off building. Cause? Nobody knows.

Now, a lot of screnns zooming past the camera, each with a news reporter. A jumbled mix of talking is, "The cause was most likely aliens..." "Murder..." "Sucicide..." "A mystery"

And then, loudly,

"Nobody knows."

Katy's eyes snap open.

She sits up. She's laying in a hospital bed. 

I am supposed to be dead.

Now, a shot of dirt being thrown on grass from a shovel. There is words in the dirt that says, part one: life and death

Katy is waiting in line at a hair salon. Finally, she gets to a counter. A woman looks down on her. 

"Ye-e-es?" she asks. Katy pauses and says, "Can you dye my hair?"

The woman looks over her shoulder and yells to some person, "Code 89705967!" She looks back at Katy. 

"Fifteen minutes, darling."

Katy is sitting in the waiting room, covering her face with a magazine. She's looking at different hairstyles. She flips to a page with a person with short black hair. It looks cool.

"I should ask for that hairstyle." She says, and then the unthinkable happens.

shoom!

Half of her falls straight off. Katy stares in horror at the hair in her lap. Then, she realizes, her hair is turning... black. like the hair in the magazine. Katy shoots out of her chair and cries, "I need a mirror!" People look up and someone hands her a phone on camera mode. Katy screams.

She got exactly what she asked for.

Now Katy's fast-walking down the street. She's mutttering under her breath, and gets so discracted she SLAMS into a dude with a trench coat. 

"Oh, sorry-"

"Katy, I know you did NOT die," the dude says. Katy stares at the man. 

Who's that?

"Sorry I don't know you." Katy runs from the man as fast as she can. She is terrified, and she runs into the nearest store: the bookstore.

There's an old man at the counter. "What do you want to buy today?" he asks. Katy groans and realizes the dude is following her. "Sorry gotta go!" Katy runs out of the shop, and then pauses. She's holding a book.

"How did that get there?" she mutters, and stares at the cover. It says, the Sommons family Diary.

But I'm a Sommons.

Katy stumbles into an alleyway and opens the book. She flips through it, and it's all words, but she stops on a picture. A white-orange-y fox with seven tails displayed behind it. It's a Kitsune, Katy thinks. An evil shape-shifting fox. KAty stares at the page until a piece of paper falls out. KAty picks it up...

It is a lettter. Katy reads it aloud, and seems quite distressed.

"Darling Katy,

if you are reading this, then we do not want think about what just happened. But, to make things short, you are a Kitsune, and the whole family is. I dunno how, just... it is complicated, OK? But there's no signature." Katy drops the letter. It begins to rain. 

I am lost and have no where to go. everyone thinks and says I'm dead.

It's Okay  begins playing in background. 

Katy walks towards a huge skyscraper and stares at it. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay- to be lost, in this world.

Katy starts climbing up the stairs to the top of the skyscraper. She walks  to the roof, and stares at the pavement. She begins to cry.

It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay- to be lost, and with no  cause,

Katy groans and the song fades to an end. Thunder rumbles. Katy is face to face with the man again.

"psycho," Katy mutters, and the man's hands extend, and he pushes her... off the building.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Katy screams again. Then she blacks out.

I'm doing this all over again.

The man rolls his eyes, and mutters, "Don't worry, it's okay."

Screen goes black.

Katy stares at a bright sun, punctured by green leaves. She's lying on the ground. 

I'm alive.

Katy groans and sits up. She's sitting on a nice lawn by a large mansion-like school. She's under a tree.

"What- what?!" Katy asks, moaning. She begins walking down a gravel driveway. She coughs, and opens the door slowly, leading into a beautiful nice school, like Hogwarts without the magic. People stare at her from the hallway. 

"What?" Katy asks again, before fainting.

"Boo,"

Katy screams and wakes up in a comfortable-looking, homey dorm room. She's lying on abed covered in stuffed animals and pillows. A girl and a boy are starting at her, 

"Are you okay?" asks the girl in a concerned tone.

"No," Katy says, before letting out a sob. She cries, Again. The two people stare at each other before finally asking, "What's wrong?"

"It's really confusing." Katy says. She looks around, at the blue walls. The room is pretty messy. There's an old record player in the back and a whole lot of crap on the floor.

"Although," says the girl, before they hear a knock on the door. The girl and boy freese, before jumping on the bed beside Katy. The doornob begins to turn, slowly, and the door swings open.

There is nobody there.

"Point A, what we didn't tell you: this place may be haunted,: says the girl.

credits.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:06 pm
ZiggyB17 wrote a review...

Wow oh wow. Quite frankly, I don't even know where to begin, it was so amazing. In any sort of art, I always look for an amazing shock factor and you did that for me when you started with the 'AAAAAAAAAA'. It was total eye candy to read from start to finish - let's start at the beginning. All the way up until ' But I'm a sommons' I was pleasantly confused. One thing I really admire about all of that was everything was- BAM! BAM! BAM!

Keep Writing!

Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:55 pm
Mason wrote a review...

Hello, master of all foxes

to begin with, the concept of screenplay is pretty new to me and reading through this drew my interest to it.
I see that the story begins with a pretty dynamic scene as a girl falls off a skyscraper and a thunderstorm in the background. I believe that many good movies and TV series begin with an unexplained event to make the viewers keep watching. I was really able to visualize this scene playing on my television and to be honest with you, I would die to continue watching whatever comes next.

"Now, a lot of screnns zooming past the camera, each with a news reporter. A jumbled mix of talking is, "The cause was most likely aliens..." "Murder..." "Sucicide..." "A mystery"

And then, loudly,

"Nobody knows."

Katy's eyes snap open.

I am supposed to be dead."

This may seem like a poorly written description in terms of normal books, but knowing that this is a screenplay, writing like this actually helped me a lot of visualize what was happening. (You miss spelled 'suicide' btw)
One other thing I notice is that there are really fast, nonstop actions throughout the episode. This would make the episode interesting but at the same time, it could get a little confusing. I suggest you slow down a little, maybe with some flashbacks or background information. Just a personal suggestion tho.
Anyways, great job and I feel like you could go so many ways with this.

thanks for reading my review!

foxmaster says...

Thank you!!

Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:09 pm
RandomTalks wrote a review...

RandomTalks here with a short review!

This was an interesting start to the story! I admit I was a little confused throughout the episode as things kept on progressing at a rapid pace, but on the other hand, there wasn't a single moment where I was bored. You did a good job in catching the reader's attention with that fast pace and keeping them invested throughout the whirlwind of this chapter.

You mentioned you intend for this to be a screenplay and I admit the way you have paced the story, I think it will work better that way than in the format of a novel. From this first episode, I can already guess there's going to be a lot of action scenes in this story and I am excited to see how you flesh them out without worrying about story narration.

Coming to the story, its diffucult to guess what is going on right now. A lot of things happened,one after another and at one point, I was wondering if she was dreaming the whole thing after all. I liked the elements of mystery and suspense you have mixed in with the fantasy - it kept us at the edge of our seats, wondering what was going to happen next. Right now, I can only guess that Katy is in danger and there are people after her for being who she is, but that's where my speculations end.

Overall, the story was rather exciting, but there are a few grammatical errors littered throughout. For example,

The girl and boy freese, before jumping on the bed beside Katy. The doornob begins to turn, slowly, and the door swings open.

You misspelled 'freese' and 'doornob' here. They'll be'freeze' and 'doorknob'. However, these are all minor errors and can be easily fixed with a couple of re-reads.

I do think you need to slow down the pace a little. Even if you cange the format of the story, you need to space out the scenes a little so that your readers can keep up with what's happening in the story. Otherwise its like trying to catch a breath when there's no oxygen in the room. Bad analogy, but I do feel that your readers need to understand what is going on to feel connected to the story and its characters and remain invested.

That's all! I hope I was able to help somewhat throuhh this review!

Keep writing and have a great day/night!

~RandomTalks

foxmaster says...

Thanks! I WILL try to fix these later because I am currenly writing this on a tablet.

Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:01 pm
OrabellaAvenue wrote a review...

Hello! This is a random weirdo here to review.

Ooh, a new story! Now this is interesting. I wonder why this is called Many Perspectives? Perhaps Katy is not the only character we'll see?

The voice-overs are well-worded. It's Katy internal thoughts, and you can see how confused or worried she is, even if the tone isn't exactly those feelings. I can totally imagine this as some sort of play or beginning of a show.

If it's meant to be a screenplay, why did you write it in the form of a story? I would've loved to see it written in more of a script format. I feel like you're going for the style of a film or show, and a different format might be better. However, I like the way it is now, in the form of a novel or short story.

I'm somewhat familiar with screenplays, and if you need help with anything, feel free to PM me! Or even just the story, if you're not sure what to do with the characters or action or anything else.

This was a bit confusing, and I'm not entirely sure what's happening. Clarity is something writers struggle with (especially me...), and it's hard to get right. Sometimes something in your head doesn't get onto paper (or computer) as well as you thought it did. If you added more description of the scenery and the transitions from one place to another, that may help keep the reader from getting lost in your story.

Overall, though, this was really fun to read! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Remember to take what you like and forget the rest.

foxmaster says...

Thank you The reason I wrote this in The form of a story is because I was too lazy to write a screenplay.%uD83D%uDE00

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.