12+

Many Perspectives (s1, ep3)

by foxmaster

Katy is lying on her bed, eyes closed. A school uniform lays on the ground next to her. Rain hits the windows behind her, and lightning flashes in the distance. Suddenly a phone rings, and a girl runs in.

"Katy this is for YOU." she says.

"Thanks Luna." says Katy and says, "Hello?" Into the phone.

"Hello!" says a voice. "This is Principal Larson. I'm here to remind you that school starts TOMORROW EXACTLY. You better be there, ma'am. Failing to do so will kick you out of the state for good. Let me remind you that you should be able to hand in the papers no later than today evening. Have a good day." The principal hangs up, and Katy returns the phone to Luna.

"Well?" she asks. "You aren't going to fill out the papers?"

"What papers?" asks Katy. 

Show a large stack of papers on a desk, as a dramatic note plays on a violin.

"Fine. I'll fill them out." says Katy, accidentally knocking them off the desk and onto the floor. She groans. Luna grins, before walking out of the room, down the stairs, and to the living room, where everyone is sitting and watching a movie.

"Well?" asks the boy, Bill. Two other kids look up, while a girl stares at her phone.

"She's busy, so this should work out well." Luna smiles, and walks over to the cupboard. She then takes out two vials. One says, juice, while the other has a skull and crossbones on it. Everyone gasps, except for the phone girl. 

"What- are you doing?" asks Bill.

Luna grins. "She died, guys, and from Wendell's visions, she's obviously got something to do with the other place, and...." she pauses. "it's clear that Wendell was doing us a favor by pushing her off that building. But she survived the first time, so he and to do it again. And he made sure she ended up here. So we have to do the rest, the boss stuff."

"Boss stuff?" A boy asks, snorting.

"Yeah, Leonard, BOSS STUFF. Which means, tomorrow, you know what class it is?"

"Oh, no." says Phone Girl, looking up. "It's.... the boat thing."

"Yeah." Luna grins. "This will be so easy. Just find out Katy's favorite favor of coke, and I'll do the rest."

Now, show a huge, three-story house. It's fancy, with impressive chandeliers and red-black striped wallpaper. There's a bunch of students in a huge library on the top level. Katy is pulling out a book, and Luna sneaks up on her.

"BOO!"

Katy screams and drops her book. "WHAT?" she asks, annoyed.

"We're doing a boat lesson on the lake today." says Luna. "I hope you have your swimsuit."

"I do." says Katy, before walking over to a couch with its back facing to huge, room-length windows. She opens her book and begins reading. Luna rolls her eyes, walking away.

Katy has a moment of silence before phone girl walks over to Katy, before actually putting her phone down, and sits down next to Katy. 

"Hello," she says.

"Um." says Katy. "Who are you?" 

"I'm Gussy, and you need to know something about your roommate, Luna." says Gussy.

"Yeah?" asks Katy, giving her a weird glance.

"Don't drink what she gives you. Be careful around her." Gussy walks away. Katy stares after her, before saying, "Weirdo."

~~~

Later, now, it's a huge lake, with a lot of students on a  few big wooden rafts, floating in the middle of the lake.

A teacher stands in front of them, saying, "This is an easy test. Dive down, and you have to get as many of the coins as you can. The losers have to clean the octopus."

"What octopus?" someone asks.

"The DIRTY ONE." says the teacher menacingly. Everyone gasps.

"GO!" 

A student from each raft jumps into the water, before coming up a few minutes later with either a couple coins, or none at all.

"GO," Luna pushes Katy forward, and she glares at her, before jumping into the water. The frame slowly spins, before the water becomes the sky, and Katy screams.

Now, Luna and the others stare at the surface of the lake. 

Nothing.

"Yessss!" whispers Luna happily, an the group shares a high-five.

CREDITS!!!

Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:59 am
anasahmad4565 says...

The story you've described seems to be a mix of suspense, mystery, and intrigue. It introduces various characters and elements that keep the reader engaged and curious about what will happen next. The sudden twist involving the vials and Luna's intentions adds a layer of suspense to the plot.

However, it's worth noting that the story leaves many questions unanswered, which could be intentional if you plan to continue the narrative. If this is the case, it would be interesting to see how the characters and their motivations develop further.

Overall, it's an intriguing start to a story, but it leaves the reader wanting more context and information to fully understand the plot and characters.

foxmaster says...

thanks for the comment! :)

You're welcome %uD83E%uDD17. Stay blessed.

Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:30 pm
OrabellaAvenue wrote a review...

Hi! This is Orabella with a review.

You sure like to write heartless characters, huh? People that don't care whether or not someone dies. First Wilbur's friends, and now Luna. Who's next? (These characters make your stories very creepy. Which, I think is what you're going for.)

Also that teacher isn't nice. Why exactly are they on a lake? Why is the teacher making them search for coins? What kind of teacher gives a punishment to those who can't get coins at the bottom of a lake? Doesn't that teacher know how dangerous that is? Is the teacher trying to get kids killed?

That principal wasn't very nice either. Or Luna's group of friends. At least Gussy warned Katy.

Also, is Katy dead?? I get the feeling that she's not, and I'll have to wait until the next episode to find out, but seriously, this story has a lot of deaths and close-calls.

You do a great job at keeping the reader interested, although I'm a little confused about some aspects. For example, why does Luna want Katy dead? It was also said that they're roommates. Are they at a boarding school? College students? Adults?

This was really well done, and it was a very enjoyable read.

foxmaster says...

thanks for the review! Also... I think it's a boarding school? It's like, the non-magic version of Hogwarts. Or.....something.

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:02 pm

Ooh another chapter! I’m interested to see that we’re back to Katy’s perspective again. I wasn’t sure how many perspectives the title suggested, but I definitely think it works with the pace of the story for us to return to our main character from chapter one at this point. It’s good for helping the reader to form a connection to the characters and to the plot too.

Hello!" says a voice. "This is Principal Larson. I'm here to remind you that school starts TOMORROW EXACTLY. You better be there, ma'am. Failing to do so will kick you out of the state for good. Let me remind you that you should be able to hand in the papers no later than today evening. Have a good day."

I’m surprised the principal is the one to call Katy directly. Isn’t that something that a secretary would do? Also, do schools usually remind you individually? I would more expect Katy’s family to be the ones to remind her, having written it down in the calendar months ago.

Katy seems quite quick to be willing to fill out the forms, but something there felt off to me. The interaction felt a bit unnatural between her and Luna when talking about the forms I think.

There’s also quite a lot of characters in this scene that I didn’t realise were there at the beginning. I can’t remember if they were in the first chapter, but I’m interested to see our cast beginning to widen!

The scene at the end was fun to read, but I’d like it to be a bit longer I think to be able to watch a bit more of their first day at school! It’s what we built up to at the start of the episode/chapter but I feel like it’s such a small part of the overall, and I think it could do with being a bit more in depth.

Looking forward to episode four!

Hope this helped :)

Icy

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat