z

Young Writers Society



King of Pirates, Queen of Soul 2

by WriterMajorInRomance


Spoiler! :
You might be unfamiliar with the word barangay. What is barangay? Wikipedia says all. According to it.

A barangay is the smallest administrative division in the Philippines and is the native Filipino term for a village, district or ward.

So, that's all.. giving you just a little help because the plot took place in the Philippines!

Got the idea? I'm a Filipino, so my English may not be that good, but bear with me. Ha! Ha!

CHAPTER THREE

The hot sun was already shining in the middle of the clear blue sky. It was already noon time when Jesse woke up. The hot weather made him get a terrible headache as he woke up, and sat up on the side of his bed.

What happened last night made him want to drink a whole case of beer. He did it with the help of his friends as he got back home from the Prom night party. He could still smell the sweet scent of her perfume, and her cold, sweet breath.

Last night was magic. He danced with Analia. Suddenly, he heard a loud banging on his door. Jesse went to the living room, and shouted, "Who's that?" as he unlocked the chain lock in his door.

"Hey, Jesse! It's Gelo!" the voice replied from outside. Gelo was one of his close friends.

Jesse quickly opened the door, and yawned as he faced his pal, who had been his elementary classmate, yet stopped studying at the age of fourteen.

"Whoa, you're still sleepy, king of the pirates?"

The title made him grin as he guided Gelo to the sofa. As his friend sat there, Jesse remained standing, looking at his friend.

"What's up, Gelo?" he asked, still sleepy.

"C'mon, I should be asking that! Should we ride our pirate ship now, or what?"

Jesse slapped his forehead. "Shit, I had a dream last night-" he groaned, "-dancing with a queen..."

Gelo snickered. "You moron, you've been in a party last night!" He stood up to pat his shoulders, "How is it?"

"Hell," Jesse shoved away his hand on his shoulder and sat on the sofa, "I wasn't dreaming at all.."

"What happened last night?"

"I invited Leroy, and our gang to have some beer with me."

"What the hell, you got drunk without me?"

"You said you're staying in San Mateo for days," he said brushing his hair with his fingers.

"What did you celebrate last night? Scored on the girl you're talking about for months?"

"Analia?" he said, glancing at Gelo.

"Why? Is there anyone else?" he smirked.

Jesse hit him hard in the arm. "Damn you, Gelo," he muttered.

"So, what?"

"Everybody knows that Analia likes someone else. It's hopeless for me-"

"Hopeless?" Gelo chuckled. "The king of pirates says he's hopeless!"

"Why don't we just go fishing?"

Gelo stood up, and smiled. "Better get the boat ready, sir."

"Sure, leave me now."

Jesse Picadiso was called the King of Pirates for he had a lot of friends who served as his workers everytime they jumped inside their boat, and go to the sea to catch fishes. It was as if he was in a pirate ship with his other pirates. It was Jesse's hobby since moved back to his hometown two years ago.

He was an excellent swimmer, and could catch a fat fish with his bare hands. But he usually used a knife as if it was a spear to catch fishes on the water easily. Jesse took a sleeveless, black shirt, and wore a pair of tattered jeans before he went out of his small house that had three areas: a small bedroom, a living room where the kitchen was also present, and a tiny bathroom.

His feet quickly took him to the fish port close to their barangay. Jesse saw a man putting his small, wooden motor boat into condition. He quickly leaped inside the boat, making it shook a little upon the water, and the man almost lost his balance as he stood straight to face Jesse. The owner of the boat looked a little older for a forty-five-year-old fisherman. He was Macario, who had dark skin and a small, yet muscular body. He was shirtless, revealing semi-perfect pack of abs, and his brown hair was still messy, since he just got awake a few hours ago.

"Hey, Macario," Jesse grinned as he looked around the boat.

The older man crossed his arms, and raised his head. "What do you want, pirate?"

The younger man chuckled, walked close to Macario to pat his shoulder.

"Y'know what pirates badly need, right?"

Macario rolled his eyes. "My boat again," he shook his head and turned to check his gasoline tank, "no way."

Jesse copied the man's gesture: rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Just for this morning, will you?"

"I need to fish."

"It won't take us long, Macario," Jesse persuaded, "or you can come with us. Use your nets for fishing while, me and my pals dive for it."

Macario turned to give him a stern look. "You, young people are really in search for danger, eh?"

"It's adventure, Macario," Jesse grinned, "adventure."


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 198 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1040
Reviews: 3

Donate
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 am
HonoriaHayden wrote a review...



Okay. I'm a little slow, but I just got it now that he isn't an actual pirate. I love the way you incoporated the name into the story without it literally being that. I was a little confuzzled though about prom night, since there seems to be no tellings of it anywhere. I actually kind of liked that you didn't dwell on the subject on because some writers will have to feel like they need to explain every single detail of that night, when in the big picture it has nothing to do with the res tof the story. So good job on keeping that short! :)

Honoria Hayden





HONK
— The Golden Goose