A Magpie Witching - 1

by Twit

ONE

The Cantiaci had been fidgety all day. I thought it was because of ale or fleas, but a little after sunset, when the hut was filled with shadows and the golden firelight was flickering up the pale dirty walls, there was a knock on the door. She made a mad dash forward, hauled the door open and dragged in our visitor before I’d even got to my feet.

Pardon moi?’ the lady enquired politely, detaching her arm from the Cantiaci’s grip.

The Cantiaci was wheezing. ‘No one followed you, did they?’

‘They did not,’ the lady said. She was looking around the hut, studying it, taking in the smoke-blackened roof beams, the half-skinned rabbit swinging from its heels in front of the fire, the patches in the walls where the clay was starting to crumble and the wattle show through. Then she saw me, crouched on the sooty hearthstones. I felt her look at the chain that ran from my collar to a ring set in the wall, and then at my dirty feet and arms. 

I grinned at the lady, showing my teeth. ‘Do you have an appointment?’

The lady raised her eyebrows. She moved further into the hut, and I caught her scent: heavy musky perfume that tasted like fruit and flowers, dust from the road clinging to her long brown cloak, a faint tang of salt in the damp hem of her emerald-green dress. She must have come on the ferry, and walked to the hut on foot. ‘And who are you, mon oisillon?’

‘Dara,’ I said.

‘Jane,’ the Cantiaci corrected. She lurched to the hearth and hauled me up by my collar.

‘Emma?’ I offered. ‘Harriet, Josephine, Charlotte?’

‘Be quiet,’ she said, and slapped me. She pulled me over to the rickety table on the other side of the hut. My chain stretched tight, the leather collar digging into my throat and making my chest hurt. The Cantiaci dropped heavily onto the least wobbly stool and pushed me down to sit beside her. She gestured to the lady, who was still standing by the door. ‘Sit yourself down then.’

The lady came to the table cautiously, but unafraid. She waited until the Cantiaci flapped a hand at one of the other stools, then seated herself and arranged her long dark green skirts. The material was fine and very heavy. Velvet, I guessed, and I sneaked out a dirty finger and stroked it. It felt like moss, like kitten fur, and I smiled.

The lady looked down and saw my finger. She smiled, and I saw that she had very dark, very bright eyes. Her skin was pale, and her eyebrows were straight and dark and perfect. Her hair was black and straight like water, and she wore it loose under her hood in the way the Gallics did. ‘Are you Gallic?’ I asked.

‘No,’ she said. ‘But I’ve been living at Ressasser for a while now.’

I knew that Ressasser was the Gallic court, where the golden rich king lived. She didn’t sound Gallic, despite dropping Gallic words in here and there. ‘Why do you live there if you’re not Gallic?’

‘Be quiet,’ the Cantiaci said, and reached down and pushed my hand away from her dress.

‘You’re choking her,’ the lady said, looking with some displeasure at my collar. ‘Why is she wearing that thing?’

The Cantiaci stared at her. ‘Scuse me, but did you come here to tell me how to keep my household?’

‘I hope you did,’ I said. ‘The silverware’s in a frightful state.’

The lady folded her hands in her lap. ‘My apologies, Maid Barton.’ She had lots of rings on her fingers, blue and red and green. They sparkled in the candlelight, and I wanted to hold them and sniff them and see if they smelled as pretty as they looked.

‘Right.’ The Cantiaci pushed back the fraying sleeves of her blue dress, and her dirty bony forearms showed pale and ugly in the dim light. The animal bones in her braids clicked and chattered as she pushed her ragged reddish hair back over her shoulders. She took something out of the pouch at her belt, and put it on the table. I leaned up onto my knees against the chain, and saw that it was a rough chunk of black stone. The Cantiaci reached up to the shelf behind her and took down a black bowl. It was full of rainwater, and she put it carefully down onto the table.

The sight of the bowl made my stomach jump unpleasantly, and I knew what was going to happen next. I began to slink away from the table, but the Cantiaci grabbed the chain and hauled me back. The lady frowned slightly, but her magpie eyes were fixed on the bowl and the stone.

‘This is obsidian,’ the Cantiaci said, placing her palm over the stone. ‘Seeing-stone. It is the devil’s eye, the moon-bruise, the eternal well; it clung to the walls of the cave beneath the Vortigern’s foundations, and was smoked and charred by dragon fire. It is black magic.’

‘Black magic?’ the lady said. She gave a little laugh. ‘How many colours of magic are there?’

‘A rainbow,’ I said. ‘Magic is magic is magic is magic, and every colour smells different.’

The Cantiaci grabbed my arm. I had to stand up so she didn’t sprain my elbow. She slapped my arm down on the table and forced it around so the underside was skyward. The lady made a little noise at the sight of all the scabs and scars there, and I met her eyes and grinned, my heart beating in my ears.

‘Blood,’ the Cantiaci said, and her ale-drenched voice rose up towards the roof-beams. ‘This is where the magic truly lies, Lady de Bullen.’

‘The blood is the life,’ I gasped out.

‘That it is,’ the Cantiaci said. Her knife was in her hand, and with one quick movement she slashed it across my arm. The blood instantly welled up, and she clamped her hand over the cut. Blood oozed out between her fingers, bright and dark, and shadows dashed and flashed in front of my eyes. I heard her voice from very far away. ‘Come now, Lady, you’re willing to go against the law and learn witchcraft, but you’ve no stomach for blood? Better tell me now and we can both save ourselves a wasted evening.’

And the magpie lady’s voice, firm and strong. ‘No, carry on.’

The Cantiaci’s grip tightened over my arm. The world slid and spun all around me, and I felt her, felt her tawdry, ale-stinking, human attempt at magic grab onto me, sinking in its teeth like a bloodthirsty shark. And then the power flowed out of me into her, feeding her, strengthening her so the air hummed and thrummed like a harp string. The sickness rolled in my stomach, and I felt pressure on the back of my neck and at the base of my spine. I felt my body shaking, felt my head snap back.

In that moment, like always, I had a brief second of stillness. It was as though I was looking down a very dark well, but the well was inside myself, and at the bottom of the well, deep inside me, I saw a spark. It was glowing, refusing to die out, and it gave me the courage to open my eyes. I saw the Cantiaci, her teeth bared, her lips moving slowly as though underwater, and I saw the magpie lady staring at me with her bright gaze. She met my eyes, and in the stillness, I grinned at her. She was startled, and I smelled her apprehension, but she didn’t look away.

The Cantiaci released my arm, and I doubled over and collapsed onto the floor. The dirt grazed my cheek, and the world rushed in all around me. I smelled the ale-stink that always clung to the Cantiaci’s body and clothes, the lady’s perfume, my unwashed hair and dirty rags, the blood trickling down into the crook of my elbow. Far away, in the summer night, I heard a dog howl.

I curled up around my bleeding arm and squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the sickness and the dizziness to pass.

‘What did you do to her?’ the lady demanded.

‘I drained her,’ the Cantiaci said. Her voice sounded stronger, almost vibrating like a struck bell. ‘She’s half-sidhe, the only one in Lloegria, so she’s magic through and through. But I take her power. It’s mine.’

‘I thought half-sidhe didn’t survive past birth.’

‘This one did. And now she’s mine.’

‘But—’

‘Whisht, girl, enough.’

I heard the lady shift her fine leather shoes on the floor. A pigeon gurgled in the thatch.

‘Now,’ the Cantiaci said. ‘You can learn witchcraft. But the power must come from somewhere. I have her. Some sacrifice to demons, some fuck them. You must decide where your power comes from, and what you are willing to pay.’

‘How do I do that?’

‘Blood is the surest way. Take a black bowl carved from one of the druid woods, and offer your blood and water you have gathered to the gods of the air. They will hear you, if it pleases them. And you will have power to work your witching.’

‘But you just use her, the girl, for your witchings.’

‘Aye, and she’s mine,’ the Cantiaci said very sharply. ‘You’ll not be finding another half-breed like her anywhere. Your own blood is the way of it, blood and fresh water.’

I didn’t like lying there on the floor in front of this strange lady. I could feel her looking at me, and I could smell fresh waves of her scent and her perfume as she shifted her weight on the uncomfortable stool. But I knew that if I sat up too quickly, I’d probably faint or throw up, and I didn’t want to do either of those things, even if she hadn’t been there. So I curled up tighter, pressing my head down and managing to edge away from the table so the chain didn’t choke me.

‘Focus,’ the Cantiaci was saying. ‘You must always find a focus, a beginning and an end for the magic. A singing magic is always strong. Or your hair. Take down your hair and comb it and braid it, and when you’re familiar with the time it takes, use it to measure the length of the magic you need. Or a song that you know well. Begin and end, Lady de Bullen. Always you must have focus and control.’

‘I understand,’ she said.

I managed to open my eyes. Lady de Bullen was leaning forward, staring intently at the Cantiaci’s bloody palm. The Cantiaci made a grab for her arm, but the lady pulled back. ‘Give me your hand,’ the Cantiaci said impatiently. ‘I will lend you the power for now until you learn the way of it.’

Frowning a little, Lady de Bullen clasped the Cantiaci’s hand in her own. As the Cantiaci squeezed her fingers, she gasped, and her body shuddered. ‘Sa, that’s it,’ the Cantiaci grunted. ‘Now. Take the seeing-stone. That’s right. Now, picture in your mind what you want to see. A place. The face of someone dear to you. What you had for luncheon.’ She gave a hoarse, coughing, nervous laugh full of the stench of ale and bad teeth. ‘Choose a song and sing it. Help you control the witching.’

The lady glanced at her, but she began to hum, and after a few moments, she began to sing in a high, clear voice.

The silver branch, its apples are gold, are gold, are gold.

The silver branch, I saw it swing from the hand of my beloved,

But no one came to guide me there.’

The Cantiaci’s lip curled, and she folded her arms. I tried to wonder what her expression meant, but my head was too muzzy to make much sense of anything.

The lady stared at the stone in her palm. I couldn’t see the surface, but I saw a faint reflected glow begin on the lady’s face, pink and green and white light chasing over her features. She drew in a long breath and her eyes widened as she stared down, but her song didn’t waver.

The silver branch, ‘twas in his hand, ‘twas in his hand,

The silver branch was in his hand, but the apples are withered and dry.’

Abruptly, her expression changed. She flinched, and then her face completely closed off and all emotions left as though wiped away with a cloth. She put the stone back on the table with a little thunk.

‘Well?’ the Cantiaci demanded.

‘I saw,’ she said, a little breathlessly.

‘I know you saw,’ she snapped, ‘but finish the song.’

The lady flashed her an angry look, but obeyed. And then asked, ‘Is the obsidian stone magic?’

‘Sa, sa,’ the Cantiaci said. ‘If you tried it with any other stone, we’d all have been just sitting here while you gave us a recital. There’s magic in objects like these. You need to use their power.’

The lady looked at me. I managed to give her a rather green smile.

‘Yes,’ the lady said. ‘I suppose you do.’ 

--- 

A/N: I can never come up with good titles, so I'm tossing around a few possibles: 

• A MAGPIE WITCHING
  • A ROYAL WITCHING 
  • A RAINBOW WITCHING 

Thoughts?

noninjaes wrote a review...

To start, I do like 'A Magpie Witching' as the title. It has an air of mystique about it that seems rather fitting so far.

Anyhow, on my first reading I made some initial notes and would like to quickly run through those.

So, in order:
- I'm guessing that the setting is somewhere rather French-esque judging by the language. In that regard, I'm guessing Cantiaci might be some sort of French title. I'm not sure of any significance it has yet to play, but as a reader, I was rather confused by the usage of the term.

- Mon oisollon. I'm assuming it's a similar case as above. Is this correct?

- I found that especially in the beginning, there was a fair amount of what seemed to be overly lengthy and detailed descriptions. In lieu with my next point, I'm beginning to guess there may be some significance to the plot with this. If it is, it's a smart way to start teasing that bit of information. However, the sentences still drag out to almost become a bit of a bore. I suggest revising them into something more concise, either by breaking them either into smaller sentences or by dropping some of the unnecessary detail altogether.

- I noticed a certain emphasis on smells, and curiously enough, colour being referenced to by smell. I liked this little detail.

- Momentarily, I was rather curious about Gallics. I was pleased to see that it was swiftly addressed.

- That paragraph about the spark, well, sparked my interest ('scuse the pun). You've done a rather fluid job at introducing some of the mechanics of the magic of this world. However, I've yet to decide if it's too much to take in yet. I'll try to draw a conclusion on that before I finish the review.

- The note about sidhe and half-sidhe acts as a hook for the plot. I due hope the nature of this race(?) is explored in more detail soon.

- I greatly enjoyed your characterisation, especially of the narrator who comes across as snarky and a little bit unhinged but overall rather likeable.

- Beyond that, I'm still unsure of what to expect from the story. I'm inclined to hope for something told partly in perspective of the villain's side of things. I'm also still looking for something to really make the magic of the world stand out against the standard witches getup. The whole blood thing does begin to do that, though.

Anyhow, onto a breakdown of some particular paragraphs:
May as well start at the very beginning.

The second sentence is an example of sentences that drag on too long. Sentence length, whilst often varying, tends to have a strong relation with pace. (here's a link to a good quote about sentence rhythm that I've always found rather helpful: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/373814- ... more-words ) Long sentences can also become hard to follow and start to cause confusion.
Otherwise, an interesting introduction. The use of 'Cantiaci' certainly gained my attention.

The next couple lines of dialogue begin to paint a good picture in terms of characterisation.

I won't address the too long descriptions every time they appear for the sake of tautology. Anyhow, the unconventional use of senses such as 'I felt her look' have certainly sparked my interest by this point. The longer sentences aside, you've done a nice job at sneaking in other details (mainly about the characters' appearances), rather than shoving them in the readers face.

This is where I begin to get the impression that the narrator is either aggressive, animalistic, or a bit unhinged.

This is where my curiosity on the emphasis on physical senses rather than sight begins. Our narrator now appears to be rather perceptive. This continues a couple of paragraph's along with the velvet skirts.

I found the next part about the name/s rather amusing. I will admit to having a short laugh at Jane's (I'm beginning to question the narrator's reliability and am still unsure of her name) listing of names. However, it does make me wonder about the relevance of a name for this character. Is the name something given to the narrator willy-nilly?

And here begins the worldbuilding. So far the names seem foreign and insignificant. I've yet to have been given a reason to make much note of them yet. There's still a lot of mystery about the lady who has come to visit. Should I be making note of the lack of capitalisation of 'golden rich king'. It feels like the kind of title that would be capitalised. However, if it is purposefully so, then I guess I can infer that the narrator doesn't have much respect and / or care for this king.

The Cantaci's response to the guest's questioning of the collar and cruel treatment is interesting. I did enjoy Jane's comment about the silverware, though.

Maid Barton? So the Cantiaci is a Maid? That seems like an unusual title considering the way the character's been presented so far. On a technical note, I faced some slight confusion on who wore the rings, thinking it was Maid Barton who was being referenced.

Nothing major here, but I do like that note about magpie eyes, especially considering the title. If the plot has a strong relation to magpies, whether actually, or symbolically, it would make the title especially fitting.

I will point out that this is one of the parts where the description feels overbearing.

If I had to pick a favourite line in the entirety of this chapter, it'd be this one.

The part about the sprained elbow appears to be written in a possibly unnecessary passive voice. I suggest changing to 'I had to stand up to avoid spraining my elbow.' Anyhow, the narrator's reaction to the events continues to build my theory that they are a bit unhinged.

The next part - the part about blood - created a strong atmosphere for me. This is where the mystique really begins to come into play.

The blood instantly welled up, and she clamped her hand over the cut.

I do have a mild nitpick with the comma before 'and' here. It is entirely unnecessary and only serves to break the flow of the sentence. The same in the paragraph after the next. Commas before 'and' (oxford commas) are mostly only used when listing things, otherwise a comma and 'and' have practically the same purpose. Then it's just a matter of redundancy and sentence flow.

And here, my nitpick is with 'inside myself' and 'deep inside me', mostly with the latter as the 'deep inside' part has already been thoroughly implied. In relation to the rest of the paragraph, I am forming questions about the spark. Does everyone have a spark? If not, why is Jane so special to have a spark?

This begins to explain things about the spark. So a magic race?

‘Whisht, girl, enough.’

Is 'Whisht' a typo or a bit of onomatopoeia?

With all this witching and power-collection, what is this power used for?

However, where did the Cantiaci's bloody palm come from? Did she get some of Jane's blood on her?

The singing was an interesting part of the magic. When I first read singing and combing, my initial thoughts surrounded the film Tangles, but I'd like to see how this magic plays out.

Is this what the magic is used for? I'm still not entirely clear on the matter. I would like to know what she saw, however.

In summation and conclusion:
I've decided it wasn't too much information on the magic, if anything more on the vague side. I will say that I am intrigued. Besides, the sentence length / description, grammar and such is practically on point. Your strongest point so far seems to be your characters. Despite moderate curiosity, not too much has emerged in terms of what the plot is going to be. I'm certainly still guessing. Pacing was fairly well done; not too slow except for some descriptions. I was sceptical of quality at first, expecting something a lot more slow and long-winded, but I was pleasantly surprised and do look forward to reading the rest.

- noni

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:15 pm
Que wrote a review...

Hello Twit, (sorry it took a while to review this)
I just wanted to say that this was a great start, and I cannot wait to read more. Your technical work was great, no errors in that area as far as I could tell. Just a few things on the matter of names and plot.

‘Dara,’ I said.

The Canticaci told Dara that her name was Jane. Was this to hide the fact that Dara was half-sidhe? Is Dara a special name that needed to be hidden? If so, then what Firestarter mentioned ties into that as well. The Canticaci tries to hide Dara's identity but then just says it outright only a little bit later? That wouldn't make sense. If there is some totally separate reason for the correction of Dara to Jane, then you might want to explain that a bit.

Lady de Bullen never introduced herself to Dara and the Cantiaci, so how does she know her name? Or her intent to come there, for that matter. (unless everyone always comes to the Cantiaci for the same reason) Just make that a little bit clearer. If Lady de Bullen doesn't introduce herself, then maybe she had already scheduled an appointment, but then you need to show that that's the reason they know her name.

Other than that, this was quite an entrancing beginning. I loved how you started building up the culture of this world already.

By the way, I like the title that you have now. I think that it is the best.

-Falconer

Firestarter wrote a review...

Hi Twit,

I really enjoyed this. It's a strong start which threw me into your world and hooked me. Sign me up for more. Your descriptions are evocative and your depiction of the effects of magic interesting. I'm concerned for the MC and want to know what happens to her. I am very impressed and want to read more!

Some suggestions:

‘Come now, Lady, you’re willing to go against the law and learn witchcraft, but you’ve no stomach for blood? Better tell me now and we can both save ourselves a wasted evening.’

This didn't sound like something you'd outright say. It's too obvious. People dodge around the truth, usually, so she might imply the lady is doing something illegal, but I doubt she would just say it like that.

There are a few other times like that when the dialogue seemed a bit wooden and obvious. People don't outright say what they mean very often, and usually dance around the topic at hand. I thought both the Lady and the Cantiaci did a bit too much explaining of magic. You forced a little bit too much exposition into the first chapter, and I think I would prefer the magic to be explained over time, because it takes away the interest a little bit. Maybe save some for later? Keep some mystery and you might entice your readers to stay longer. And the best way to do that is to assume that the Cantiaci wouldn't just reveal everything about magic in one conversation.

Which brings me to:

I drained her,’ the Cantiaci said. Her voice sounded stronger, almost vibrating like a struck bell. ‘She’s half-sidhe, the only one in Lloegria, so she’s magic through and through. But I take her power. It’s mine.’

‘This one did. And now she’s mine.’

Half-sidhe sound very valuable, so why would the Cantiaci reveal this information? What's to gain? It looks like she's revealed something very stupidly, and the ending implies the Lady might try and steal the MC. It's a little too convenient to have the Cantiaci reveal that she has a half-sidhe hanging out with her, when they are so rare.

Bit of weak plotting, I think, so maybe think of another way this information would be revealed.

Otherwise, good job! Please post more!

Lauren2010 wrote a review...

Twit! Omg why is it I never read your stuff unless I'm asking for things to review. Let it be thusly decreed that you are always welcome to send stuff my way.

Anyways, this was such a fascinating beginning. :o I really loved it! This place is super well envisioned, as are these characters and their relationships to one another. Though you don't bury us in the details, we can tell you know exactly what you're talking about (authority is a wonderful thing that does so much work without looking like it). That's the point of world building, to know the world enough so that even though you don't include every detail about it, it feels big because you're writing with such authority.

As far as things I had issues with, I'm not going to be too quick to knock anything right away. This is a strong first chapter and a lot of the questions I had while reading are good questions to have. There wasn't really anything that kept me from understanding what was going on right in this moment, so that's great! I'm mostly left wondering about the narrator, how (she?) came to be in service of the Cantiaci, as well as what sort of place magic has in this world (it seems kind of seedy, like you're not meant to be dabbling in it and must do so secretly). I'm also just curious to know more about the Cantiaci in general, who she is and where she came from, what brought her to this moment. But these are all questions better suited to be answered as the story progresses. ;)

I suppose if I were to take an issue with this chapter itself, maybe it would be with our narrator. She seems very content with her place in servitude, even with the literal chain around her neck. This says a lot about her as a character, though I think I might like to see something that more directly expresses how she feels about her place. Not anything big or necessarily explicit, but you have the advantage of interiority with that first person pov narrative so don't be afraid to use it! Clearly this person is going to be significant to us, as they are our narrator, so use this time up front to get us acquainted with her and the way she thinks about the world so that you don't have to do it so much as the story goes on.

Otherwise, I very much enjoyed this chapter! Please do let me know if you post any more. I'd love to see where it goes! And as for title questions, I quite like A Magpie Witching (especially with the ref to the lady's magpie eyes, was it?).

Thanks for sharing, and keep writing!

-Lauren-

Lava wrote a review...

Tootsy!
<3

So, first titles :
While I can see where you're going with the rainbow witching, to me, it doesn't seem to fit the atmosphere you're building here. I do prefer A Magpie Witching among the options you've mentioned here; but I would love to see where the story heads to be sure of what.

Thoughts as I'm reading:

So, I was going ahead with teh words you were using because I thought these were a part of your story, then I did a wiki search, and I'm like ohhhh Cantiacii. And I'm super intrugued as to your narrator and who/what they are? I couldn't form a definitive opinion yet.

I felt her look at the chain that ran from my collar to a ring set in the wall, at my eyes, at my bare feet. -- so here, I kind of thought that it might sound/read better when you add a bit of time sense, like "and then my bare feet". Well, I mena you can def work on something better than that, but I think a sense of continuity helps in pacing the sentences to form a better image in my head.
Then she looked at the Cantiaci, all ragged reddish hair braided with animal bones, wild sky eyes and torn blue dress. -- I feel like you put in this sentence just to give the reader a sense of what the Cantiaci looks like, which I don't think you need to, at this part of your chapter. I think you can weave it better elsewhere. And I got the feeling of an abrupt shift from this line to the next.

The lady raised her eyebrows. I caught her scent: heavy musky perfume that tasted like fruit and flowers, dust from the road clinging to her long brown cloak, a faint tang of salt in the damp hem of her emerald-green dress. -- here, initially, it gave me the impression that this person raising their eyebrows was what caused the sudden smell and I think 'uh no, it can't be'. I love your description of the smell though. :) It spoke a lot about the scene.

The snippet about the names really intrigued me. I'd love to see the reasoning behind that exchange.

The lady looked down and saw my finger. She smiled, and I saw that she had very dark, very bright eyes. Her skin was pale, and her eyebrows were straight and dark and perfect -- do you come back to eyebrows to imply something significant? Again this part and the one preceeding it was nice description.

The lady folded her hands in her lap. ‘My apologies, Maid Barton.’ She had lots of rings on her fingers, blue and red and green. They sparkled in the candlelight, and I wanted to hold them and sniff them and see if they smelled as pretty as they looked. -- I like this, because it gives a little insight into the narrator.

Hmm, I just googled magpie eyes to see what you mean, and ooh intense.

‘This is obsidian,’ the Cantiaci said, placing her palm over the stone. ‘Seeing-stone. Obsidian is the devil’s eye, the moon-bruise, the eternal well; it clung to the walls of the cave beneath the Vortigern’s foundations, and was smoked and charred by dragon fire. Obsidian is black magic.’
-- In this chunk, I find it hard to imagine the Cantiaci saying Obsidian is in every sentence. To me, it seems a tad unnatural?

-- I really love this. A really powerful sentence to help us understand your world :)

And I really enjoyed the latter half of your chapter. I think what stood out to me was a sort of powerful dialogue and helping set the foundation for your story. And it makes me invested in trying to see what might come after this.

In all, pretty awesome! I'd love to see char development going further.
~L

LittleFox wrote a review...

Hello there! LittleFox here to review!

Wow, I really liked this from the very beginning to the end. This seems to be the start of a very unique story and I believe I will defiantly be following this. I really enjoyed the little details you put in and the fluidity of your writing.

I have nothing negative to say about this chapter. It's pretty much perfect! :)

As for your title, I like the one you are using now the best. I was browsing through the green room and it caught my attention right away. I don't feel like the other two capture the mood quite as well.

Anyway, I very much look forward to the next part! Keep up the beautiful work!
-LittleFox
(Yay, this is my 75th review! :D )

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 pm
Teacake013 wrote a review...

This is a really good piece of writing but I must ask why is there italics
Revenge part was really awesome and dialogue was great
Grammar was great
Spelling is doing very well
It was Detailed just enough and your descriptions were Great
...............................:)
Love,teacake013
Ps. Can't wait for more work from you.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn