The Alpha's Sniper Chapter 3

by TanyaStender

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

Chapter 3:

After staying at the hospital for three months Jean was about to go out of his good skin. He having to stay inside and everyone keep telling him that he should not go outside. He was an ex-marine and he could not even go out for air because the people at the hospital was afraid he would hurt himself. Well they did not know he was an ex-marine and he would rather keep it that way or to many questions may arise.

After purring my heart out three months ago and the guys knowing my condition, we decided to move away after an army friend came by and gave me a letter explaining my early release from duty because of sustaining an injury. Only the higher ops know of my injury, but still asked the other guys to continue in the military without me. The guys declined saying they did not want someone else to be their captain. As of that day The Black Ivy was dead and the legend Canary buried.

A knock sounded on the door and the guys walked in with a smile on their face. Jean noticed that the guys had brought their mates, well except for Bian and Jakob, because they have not found their mate yet. After getting the news about their captain’s condition the ten men pretend that they did not hear their captain cry that day. They were sure that he did not want them to hear and that was their reason for being quiet.

“So what do I owe this pleasure boys and girls?” Jean looked at each of them and they were all smiling like they won the lottery. “Well captain, we have some news. We have decided that all of us are moving to Florida, we have already bought a house, so you have no say in the matter.” Jake pinpointed holding his arm around his mate Emma. Jean’s eyes went wide, but then a smile spread across his face and nodded. “Fine, but do not think that I will go easy on you just because I am injured. There will still be training. I hope you have thought about this.” Jean smirked at the guys when the smile on their face turned into a serious expression. “We would not have it any other way!”...”Good. Then let’s get out of here and on our way.”...”Already ahead of you captain, you just need to get into the car and we are on our way.”

They have been driving for who knows how long. As the boys stated, when Jean came out of the hospital everything was packed even his things and they were ready to go. He had no idea where they were going to live and so on, but actually enjoyed the feeling of not being in control and go with the flow. He knew that deep down the guys would not disappoint him, as he would do anything not to lose their trust in him.

After a few more hours they reached a town named Brooksville. It had about 7800 inhabitants and was a little much for Jean, but he could live with it. They drove for 20 minutes more and Jake, who was driving the mini bus, stopped in front of a two story house. The house was painted white and was located a little away from the town on a big grass lane. The first thought Jean had was that there definitely was enough space to practice, but they had to set up some fences, so anyone could not see what they were doing even though it did not look like many came out here.

Everyone exited the car and began carrying the boxes inside. Jean was allowed to take the boxes that was not heavy and put them inside the house. He took a box and began pushing himself up the stairs and inside the house in his wheelchair. Putting the box down, he looked around the house and came to a fairly large room with a joined bathroom and closet. Jean sat the box that happened to be his on the floor. Luca and Sion entered the room. “We thought this could be your room as you cannot get up and down the stairs and then you also have a little privacy, if you know what I mean.” Jean knew what he meant, he was not going to listen to their ‘alone time’ with their mates. He nodded and thanked the two of them as they put more boxes on the floor. Before walking out Luca said that Jean should take a rest because of the long drive. Jean complied suddenly feeling really tired. He got on the bed which was made and feel into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~

Eric looked himself in the mirror in his hotel room. Today was the day he had to face the pack while being unable to find his mate. On his journey these last five years, searching for him or her all around the world, he had been accompanied by his two best friends who was the beta and third-in-command in his pack. Eric knew that they had been gone too long and the right thing to do now was return home and take back the responsibilities he left behind five years ago, when he decided to leave. Eric remembered the day he turned eighteen, how excited he was about finding his mate, but as the years went by he lost his hope. At 21 he remembers his father handing the pack over to him even though he had not found his mate. His father apparently meant that he was skilled enough to take care of the pack even without a mate.

Eric was pushed out of his thoughts when there was a knock on the door. After telling the person that knocked to come in, he was greeted with his beta, Peter, and his third-in-command, Ryan. They informed that it was time to get to the airport. They were now in south Africa and had a long trip ahead of them. Eric had not informed about their return because he did not want to make a big deal out of it. His eyes fell on his reflection for the second time and sighed. Well it was now or ever thought Eric as he grabbed his bags and headed out of the room.

After the flight, Eric, Ryan and Peter was now in a car on the way to the pack house. “Are you sure you do not want them to know you are coming back? You could give your mother a heart attack.” Eric shifted his gaze from the window to Peter. “Yes I am sure. Our deal was five years, they must have thought that I would come home soon and I hate making a big deal out of nothing.” Peter just nodded and turned to look out of the front window. Ryan was driving the car. There was of course nobody to pick us put because they did not know of our homecoming.

Eric sighed when he began recognizing the places they passed. It would not be long now. They finally arrived at the pack ground and the members was glancing at the car with confused expressions. Good, Eric thought, just like he wanted it to be. Ryan parked the car in front of the pack house and the both of them stepped outside. Eric took a deep breath and exhaled afterwards opening the door and stepping out. The pack members in front of the pack house gasped when they saw who stepped out. They stopped walking and bowed slightly while saying welcome back to their alpha after such a long time.

Suddenly the door to the pack house was slammed open and out ran a beautiful woman in her 40’s. Her long black hair glinting in the air with unshed tears in her baby blue eyes. She ran towards Eric and jumped onto him. He laughed slightly while placing his arms around the woman’s small frame. “Hello mother. It has been a long time. I can see you are as beautiful as the last time.” The woman raised her head from Eric’s neck and looked him in the eyes. “My baby boy. You really are home!” Eric chuckled and saw as yet another figure ascended from the pack house. A tall man with jet black hair, a muscular frame and green eyes.

“Well, look what the cat dragged in. We were wondering when you would show up and as always you make a grand entrance.” The man smiled and put his arms around the female who was still clinging to Eric in a loving gesture. “Hello father. I see all is at peace as always.” After Eric’s father, Clinton, had pried his wife and mate, Claudia, of off their son he gave him a manly hug, laughing. Clinton and Claudia greeted Peter and Ryan who afterwards ran off to see their family after so many years.

The three of them went inside the house after Eric’s parents realized that there was not another person in the car. They did not say anything about Eric not meeting his mate, they were just happy that he was home again safe and sound. Even with all the love between Clinton and Claudia, Eric was their only child as Claudia could not conceive any more. That was why Eric was showered with love when he was little, his parents were never too busy to take care of him. Even if it was only one of them, they were always around to give advice and a good scolding once in a while.

After talking with his parents for approximately three hours, Eric was dismissed to take a shower and rest after the long flight. It was about 10 pm after Eric had his shower and went to bed, the only problem was that Eric could not fall asleep thinking about what would happen now. His parents had earlier told him that he will meet his mate when the time was right. Before he fell asleep was he hoping that time was close because he missed the warmed of another person, the love and commitment. Eric fell into a deep sleep dreaming about himself running with a rare white wolf who he was sure was his mate. A smile spread across Eric’s face and he wished the dream would never end.  

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:21 pm
Casanova wrote a review...

Heya, Tanya! Casanova here to do a review!

Anyway, let's get straight to it.

I felt like you could do a little more with Jean. Jean seemed rather.. Dull, I guess you could say, for the most part of the story, and I didn't like that. Focus a bit on emotion instead of what the person is saying, and watch how Jean reacts and thinks. I think that would really help you out with that.
Anyway, the over all plot i decent, but it was in no means a cliffhanger. I would suggest putting a little effort into spicing it up, making it a bit more dramatic than it is.

Anyway, I think that's all fo this one.

Keep on keeping on.

sincerely, Casanova

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 pm
Featherstone wrote a review...

Heya, Feather here to review!

So if you've read the other reviews you can probably anticipate what I'm going to say: I love it, great story, great characters. But I need more emotion. And watch the tense/POVs- they were changing a lot, particularly in the 1st half of this chapter.

I also caught a lot of run-on sentences that would run more smoothly if broken up with commas or made into multiple sentences.

Keep now writing!

Feather

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe