12+

I Hate People (Problems)

by Sylar

I hate school

I hate life

I hate myself

I love my knife

Play on words

Play with words

I’ll play with you

And make it hurt

I hate people

I hate people

I hate people

I hate people

Gym is fun

Gym is great

Dodge the ball and

Don’t be late

I cry a lot

You sigh a lot

You make me want to

Die a lot

I hate people

I hate people

I hate people

I hate people

Problems

I have problems

I have lots and lots

And lots of lots of problems

(two voices at one time)

I hate people

I hate people

I hate people

I hate people

I have problems

I have problems

I have problems

I have problems

Repeat problems and end with feedback

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:25 am
TwoHeartedMarauder wrote a review...

The first four lines really stick out to me, especially the "I hate myself, I love my knife". That was very well done. It's extremely dark, but like the others had said, relatable. However, one part that strikes me is the "Problems, I have problems, I have lots and lots, And lots and lots of problems" I think the 'and' part in the beginning of the fourth line is a bit unnecessary. So instead it could be "I have lots and lots, lots and lots of problems". Just a thought :)

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:46 pm
IceWinifredd wrote a review...

Hmm, the subject is very dark, but I really like it. It's the type of write that most of us can relate to and I like how it has a very realistic feel through it. In the words and in the word choice you used. Well done on this one. I would love to hear some music to this one day. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Keep writing. You have some talent here!

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:10 am
deathwave1 says...

This is actually really cool. The repetition was well done and the rhymes flowed well without feeling forced. I can totally imagine this with some really loud guitar and drumming as a backing track. Are you planning on doing anything with it beyond this?

Sylar says...

Yeah I have a band and we're making demos right now

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman