Help Me Calm Down

by Sylar

I’m so tired

I’m so tired

I’m oh so tired

Of this shit

It looks like you’re wearing makeup

That looks like too big of a slit

Please come back

Please come back

Please god come back to me

You’re lost again

Farther than I’ll ever be

Now, now

Help me

Help me

Help me

Help me calm down

Light pours through your eyes

Into my mouth

Now, now

Help me

Help me

Help me

Help me calm down

Rain pours down

Rain pours down

Rain pours down the dirty walls

Your breathing stops

Again

Save our souls

Save our souls

Oh god please save our souls

I’m trapped in hell

Down below

Now, now

Help me

Help me

Help me

Help me calm down

Light pours through your eyes

Into my mouth

Now, now

Help me

Help me

Help me

Help me calm down

Please god save me

I can’t take it anymore

It’s a pyramid of words

And the lying

Just has to go

I need to sleep

I want to rest

By the end of the night

I just want death

It’s hard to cope

When life’s a bore

I’m crying again

You’re making me sore

Now, now

Help me

Help me

Help me

Help me calm down

Light pours through your eyes

Into my mouth

Now, now

Help me

Help me

Help me

Help me calm down

kenziefavaloro wrote a review...

Hi there! Just wanted to leave some comments on your lyrics which i think are great! This would really make for a great song and the whole time i was reading it I was singing a little tune to go with it as well haha! Just wanted to say that this was really well done and I am impressed with your song you have created and how much it means to people who can relate to those types of things written. I hope you continue to write lyrics and share them on here for people (like myself) to read and enjoy! Cannot wait to read more or maybe hear some of this with music one day!:)
Kenz

Que wrote a review...

Hi Lylas!

I really enjoy reading lyrics. Question: do you have a tune for these lyrics? You repeat some words in here a lot. It looks a little strange to me right now, but I know that sometimes it does sound better when set to music.

I read the title, and the beginning was not at all what I expected. Generally, tired is calm, not at all anxious or worried. I was curious why you would start out with being tired in a poem that is about calming down.

As I read on, it got darker. I certainly wasn't expecting what I got! That's a good thing too. It seemed to get more and more frantic as it went along, and I imagined a racing tempo like a heartbeat.

By the end of the night
I just want death
It’s hard to cope
When life’s a bore
I’m crying again
You’re making me sore

I noticed this was the only time you rhymed in the entire song. Was this intentional? If so, I would perhaps change it, because the rhyme throws you off when there have been none before.

And that's it. I really do like your lyrics! The express strong emotion without necessarily having to say words like anxious and frantic.

-Falconer

Desdemona wrote a review...

Hello~!! This is Blackie here to review you <3

As a person who suffers from panic attacks every once in a while, I can only understand too well the meaning behind your words.

I imagined this being sung to a hard rocky-screamo beat, but it's a trifle repetitive and kind of gives a pop vibe. There is also no visible chorus in your words.

How any song should go is basically

Verse
Chorus

Verse 2
Verse 3
Longer chorus

Repeat.

Anyways, I really liked the song lyrics, regardless of the beat and whatnot. Keep writing, and very good job! <3

Love~!
Blackie <3

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson