10 reasons why Nate is afraid of YWSers

by Sunshine1113

10 reasons why Nate is afraid of YWSers:

Reason One: They seem to write about things he's afraid of. He fears what other fears they know about.

Reason Two: They worship him like an idol. It's quite cultish and creepy and makes him very uncomfortable. He often ponders if he's going to be a human sacrifice in a Satanic ritual.

Reason Three: They cause him awful headaches. "Nate there's a bug here!", "Nate, why is YWS down?", "Nate! Restock the Chatroom fridge!".

Reason Four: They are quite violent. Many claim they will form an angry mob and rise against him if he ever takes down the site. He has built a fallout shelter to hide in when that day arrives.

Reason Five: They are hiding in his bushes trying to snap paparazzi-style pictures of him. He's very glad that they haven't caught any of him with his imaginary chimpanzee wife, Helena.

Reason Six: They leave him out of things purposely. It makes him feel very lonely and ostracized. He has yet to taste chat cookies, tea, or cake. And when they do offer him things, he's afraid they've been drugged and upon passing out they will kidnap him.

Reason Seven: They seem to think YWS is the center of the universe and Nate has the entire rest of his life to run it. He has a life outside of YWS and another job. He fears YWS will eventually be the death of him.

Reason Eight: They are the mightiest warriors on earth. The pen is mightier than the sword and YWS is home to the most skillful and ruthless wordsmiths. He wouldn't ever want to get in the way of them.

Reason Nine: YWSers are strange creatures. They seem to be made up of Hatts, Stegosauruses, Strangers, and Star Wars robots. He's not sure how to properly engage with such creatures or what they really are. He fears they may eat him.

Reason Ten: They leave the infamous Nobody Chickens behind when they leave chat. He fears they are really spies gathering information to overthrow him in order make Rydia or Snoink Supreme Overlord of YWS instead of himself.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 pm
r4p17 says...

It is an honour to be mentioned. :P

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:39 pm
Amnesia says...

Maybe Reason five needs to be rewritten? I dont know it just seemed a tad bit insulting. Other than that I laughed too hard at this one xD.

Sunshine1113 says...

I tried to rewrite it but I keep making it worse than before ;-; I didn't intend it to be interpreted as its being interpreted >.>

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm
Rin321 wrote a review...

Hey Sunny!

This was amazing. I have been reading a few of these and they are very amusing. I love that you choose YWSers. This is too funny, and I give you credits for coming up with a bunch or random reasons that Nate is afraid of us! :P Very well planned out, and it was real fun to read. Thanks for sharing! *Likes*

~Chrissy

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:53 am
Winter257 wrote a review...

Hey there! This peice seems to be really popular already, so I decided I'd give it a review quickly :D

So, out of the few of these that I read, this is by far my favorite. I found most of the reasons you wrote, very amusing! Reason 2, though, was the only one that had me laughing out loud. Don't get me wrong, I found all of it amusing, it's just, 2 was hilarious xD

Okay, as already mentioned, Reason 5 may have been a bit offensive. Though, I will say that if "Helen" is completely fake, then it's nothing to sweat about. Perhaps you should go about this "controversial pictures" joke in a different way, though.

Other than that, I found this peice quite amusing and fun to read! Ill be sure to keep my eyes open for more of your work! c:

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:01 am
Snoink wrote a review...

Most of these were quite amusing, especially given how crazy obsessed many YWSers are about Nate! I especially like Reason 2. That made me laugh! A Nate cult indeed! Sometimes, I wonder if it were true.

The ones that I didn't like were five and six.

Warning: I really, really didn't like five because that's just... weird. Bestiality jokes about significant others? That's an odd thing to joke about. I mean, I get how it's supposed to be funny, since monkeys won the war back in the first contest... but it really isn't funny at all. It would be like joking that my husband is a pig because I like pigs a lot. And, as much as I like pigs, I would be really pissed off at you if you were to write that about my husband because he's a real person and don't you dare insult him. So I don't like that one at all, just because I wouldn't like it if you wrote the same for me. I almost didn't like this piece at all because of that reason.

I also think six is weird too, because I don't think YWSers try to exclude Nate in any activities. I think they are more likely to get so excited that "OMG IT'S NATE" that they freeze up and hyperventilate and do all that stuff that you do when you meet a celebrity! And I think that is a funnier image than the one you have currently up there. So, I would edit it accordingly, if only to make it funnier! YWSers are excitable people... but kidnappers who have a vendetta against Nate? Not so much. ;)

Anyway! The other reasons are quite funny! They stretched the truth just enough to be amusing. So, I liked it. Of all the Nate fears list (why is this a trend now?) this is probably the most amusing one that I've read.

Pretzelstick says...

I don't agree with #5 either. Thanks for pointing that out Snoink.

Hattable says...

Number five was about an imaginary chimpanzee, though.

Snoink says...

I'm not sure that makes it better though. :? I mean, I realize that many people think mental illness and/or mental disorders are hilarious because some people do crazy things -- in the literal sense! -- that often seem funny to anybody who doesn't have any mental illness. But I've known too many people struggling with mental illness to really think laughing at it is funny. And I also know too many people who try to hide the fact that they have any sort of mental disorder because they are afraid of people laughing at them. Because people do laugh at them and treat their illness as comedic entertainment, and minimize their symptoms because they only care about their symptoms as entertainment. And I really don't like that either.

Anyway. I realized I didn't offer any sort of constructive advice on how to rewrite five to be funny, and that makes me feel bad. So...

It would be sillier and less offensive if Nate were hugging a stuffed animal... but he didn't want people to snap any photos of him snuggling with his favorite stuffed animal.

Maybe this means a stuffed chimp with a YWS t-shirt... named Bartemius, of course! So, you have the paparazzi image, the homage to monkeys, you don't have the insult to Nate's potential significant other, you aren't making fun of mental illness, and it's still a rather silly image that is amusing. Plus, I think at one point we were actually trying to figure out whether we could sell a monkey with a YWS shirt (though it was a bit expensive so it never came to pass).

OR. You can use this guy! http://www.cafepress.com/ywsstore.253881337

I mean, isn't he sweet? I think Nate's actually sent out a couple of bears to several YWSers who were undergoing a really hard time... like, I think he sent one bear to a YWSer who was going through chemotherapy, for example. So, even though it's not a money, it definitely does have a special meaning in YWS history that is related to Nate!

Anyway, those are my ideas. :)

Hattable says...

Imaginary friends are things, and you don't have to have a mental illness to have one...

Snoink says...

If you're a child, correct. If you're an adult? Usually it's a coping mechanism for some deep-seated abuse or trauma.

Sunshine1113 says...

It's a humor piece. It's not supposed to be taken so literally or seriously.

Snoink says...

Yeah, but it's a humor piece, which means it's supposed to be funny. And it being funny means that there is a reason for it being funny, so it's legitimate to look at why things are funny. The majority of these points are funny because they take the truth and stretch it just enough so that it becomes laughingly absurd, but it's still somewhat true. It's true, for example, that YWS is very awestruck with Nate, which makes the idea of a Nate cult to be funny.

My argument is that #5 is not funny, either because it insults Nate's SO (which, like I said before, if you said the same thing about my husband, but with pigs, I would be pissed off at you, even though I like pigs) and/or it marginalizes the already incredibly marginalized group of mentally ill people, because the punchline is, "HAHA, AN IMAGINARY CHIMP WIFE NAMED HELENA? HAHA! ONLY A COMPLETE CRAZY PERSON WOULD BELIEVE IN THAT, HAHA! BUT NATE IS NORMAL, UNLIKE THOSE OTHER CRAZY PERSONS WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN THAT CRAZY STUFF BECAUSE THEY'RE TOTALLY MENTALLY ILL AND CRAZY, SO IT'S FUNNY, HAHA!"

I mean, you can argue all you want about imaginary friends being completely normal and something that everyone has, but nobody wants to talk about, which makes it funny, but that is the implied punchline. And I am just saying that it isn't particularly funny to me.

Steggy says...

This is the best one by far. not because I am named

Mageheart says...

Yeah, we definitely are scary. I wonder what Nate thinks about us right now with all of these "Ten Reasons Why Nate Is Afraid Of ______." I am sorry Nate for our strange actions, but we are writers and readers. We were probably all dropped on our heads as babies.

Mea says...

This is the best one. XD

Hattable says...

*is represented generously*

*appreciates*

*thanks author* :p

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu