16+ Language Violence Mature Content

Queen

by Staphsendingmenoodles

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language, violence, and mature content.

**For your own warning, this has content that may be disturbing, sad, depressing,self doubting, and caution for gore, explicit scenes, religion, and swear words your shouldn't be saying in front of your mom or children. I am only 16 so I do need practice, give coins or reviews for update. Chapters would be over 400 words tops. You have been warned**

1

Can anybody find me, somebody to love?

Vanessa and David Hicks were gruesomely murdered in their home. Well, let’s just say they were slaughtered and had missing body parts.

And me, well I’m the narrator of this story, and also the daughter of the wealthy African American couple, Vanessa and David Hicks. Nothing special. It’s just that I’m wealthy, I’m 17 going on 18, and I walked in on the horrifying crime scene of my parents lying dead in the middle of the living room. You think I’d be traumatized by this, but I’m oddly not. I was, by the way, the one who called the police to inform them of my parents’ murder, in case you’re wondering.

When the police came they huddled me in some kind of blanket and led me the way out of my house, since now it was a crime scene. They asked me questions on what happened, they also asked me how I feel. Well..

“How I feel?..” I let the statement slip from between my lips, it sounded like a statement but mostly an internal and external question to myself and others:

How did I really feel about my parents’ deaths?

I know...I know. Normal people would usually scream and cry uncontrollably if they walked in to see their parents gruesomely dead in the middle of the living room. But I didn’t. I guess I’m not normal, and surprisingly not shocked by my parents’ death. I just didn’t know that people nowadays would be detailed with killing people.

As the police finally stopped questioning me, I had very little time to think of what to do for now on. Yes, I was wealthy, always keep a note on that, but my kind of meaning of wealth is that my father was in the mob business. Let me clarify this M-O-B. I mean Italians, or let’s just be honest a bunch of white men in a higher kind facility finally decided to off my mother and my father just like that, the only thing they forgot to do was to kill me, the daughter.

Now I know what you’re thinking, this is another cliche, revenge plot shit. But I’m not a cliche, I’m intelligent but not a cliche. I’m not the one type of woman who's angry at those who killed the people I “loved”. My parents had it coming from the start, ever since I was born, both of them have been on edge, and yes they gave me plenty of love and care but sadly they realized that I was “sick”, so daily therapies were needed and other things.

Let me give you a hint, I was diagnosed with autism at the age of four. But for someone who has autism, I had a very calm state of mind when I first saw my parents dead on the floor.

Noise-canceling headphones = calmness = me humming 80’s music while dialing 911 after getting back from work; I was sent home early because I was having some kind of panic attack because an angry customer was yelling at me about an order they already ate.

Pink is the new black wrote a review...

The story was interesting. I loved the beginning because it was a bit funny, "Vanessa and David Hicks were gruesomely murdered in their home. Well, let’s just say they were slaughtered and had missing body parts" It is also intriguing, in my opinion, because it starts with a crime scene, and it talks about how gruesome it is yet at the same time uses humor to ameliorate the crime scene.

I like the fact that the protagonist seems fearless, or not scared easily by such things as murder, "And me, well I’m the narrator of this story, and also the daughter of the wealthy African American couple, Vanessa and David Hicks. Nothing special. It’s just that I’m wealthy, I’m 17 going on 18, and I walked in on the horrifying crime scene of my parents lying dead in the middle of the living room. You think I’d be traumatized by this, but I’m oddly not. I was, by the way, the one who called the police to inform them of my parents’ murder, in case you’re wondering."

I think that the police huddling her into a blanket is credible and a great detail to put out there because I've seen in movies where such a thing happens to traumatized people.

I liked that sentence "How did I really feel about my parents’ deaths?", because I believe it is a bit silly of officers to ask such a sensitive question because were she devastated she would have most likely exploded and said "How do you think I feel?", yet at the same time it's kind of expected and it's the socially accepted, almost kind thing to do when someone is suffering. You ask them how they feel then try to offer them condolences or a shoulder to cry on.

I also like that sentence because through it we glance into the mind of the character, like how she feels abnormal, weird, almost blase about everything. I like how she later clarifies things "Let me clarify this M-O-B. I mean Italians, or let’s just be honest a bunch of white men in a higher kind facility finally decided to off my mother and my father just like that, the only thing they forgot to do was to kill me, the daughter", it makes me believe that her parents played with fire by being in the mob business, or that they did not care enough about their child's safety, either they were overconfident about their safety or careless, and I guess it's a bit of both.

I liked this part "Now I know what you’re thinking, this is another cliche, revenge plot shit." After that, the narrator tells us that her parents abused her I supposed, I'm not sure but that's the feeling I get. Like they gave her love but also unwanted therapy every day or they treated her differently, in a bad way.

"Noise-canceling headphones = calmness = me humming 80’s music while dialing 911 after getting back from work; I was sent home early because I was having some kind of panic attack because an angry customer was yelling at me about an order they already ate."

The last paragraph is funny too, a great way to get reader's attention in my opinion. That customer who yelled at her should have been more understanding. If he were a real person I would have yelled back. But then I would have most likely lost the job. It's a good thing I'm not a waitress or something.

Anyway, I found your writing very interesting, and I liked it.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 am
omer wrote a review...

Hey! That story seems really interesting just by reading the opening of it, so I'm going to read and review it at the same time. Let's start!

And me, well, I’m the narrator of this story, and also the daughter of the this wealthy African American couple., Vanessa and David Hicks.

Two notes about this sentence: first, I think there should be a comma after "well". Second, You already wrote the couple's name in the opening line of the story. I feel like It's a bit to soon to write it again with making it over-repeated.
“How I feel?..” I let the statement slip from between my lips,. it sounded like a statement but mostly an internal and external question to myself and others[...]

I think a full stop instead of a comma will fit better there.

I love that format!!
Let me clarify this M-O-B. I mean Italians, or let’s just be honest, a bunch of white men in a higher kind facility, finally decided to off my mother and my father. jJust like that,. tThe only thing they forgot to do was to kill me, the daughter.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, this is another cliche, revenge-plot shit. But I’m not a cliche,. I’m intelligent, but not a cliche.

Just see the punctuation edit^. :)

Hilarious.

That's it! I'm totally going to keep reading this. Great job!
Omer.

NoobWriterIsHere wrote a review...

Well, I am as my name says, NoobWriter, and I am a random guy trying to make the next Classic.
So, I am Crazy_Beast.
First, your prose was excellent. I mean it, I had seen far worse prose than this, so plus one for you.
Your prose did had some commas missing using semicolons would make it much better, like take this for example.
"Normal people would usually scream and cry uncontrollably if they walked in to see their parents gruesomely dead in the middle of the living room"
Sentence is fine, but adding a comma between and would make it more appealing I guess.
"Normal people would usually scream, and cry uncontrollably if they walked in to see their parents gruesomely dead in the middle of the living room"
Semicolons are also perfect for improving the quality.
"And me, well I’m the narrator of this story; the daughter of the wealthy African American couple, Vanessa and David Hicks."
You could also use "," in place of ";"

I would also advise using written forms, instead of numbers. (17= seventeen)
Peeps won't prefer a number popping without any context, and it looks better.

Well, I am sadly a second language reader, so I can't help you much.
So, good luck.
Stopsendingmenoodles.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:37 am
LittleLee wrote a review...

Good/morning/afternoon/evening, Staph!

Welcome to the site! I'm Lee, and if you ever need any help around, just ask me.

I am only 16 so I do need practice, give coins or reviews for update

I'm here to comply. :D

So, I'd say this is a prologue more than a first chapter. If it's a prologue, that also makes the format seem more relevant. Otherwise, it's odd and out of place.

wealthy African American couple, Vanessa and David Hicks.

I feel like this point could have gone into the first line. "The wealthy African American couple, Vanessa and David Hicks, were gruesomely..."

But otherwise, it's a good opening, definitely got me hooked!

I was, by the way, the one who called the police to inform them of my parents’ murder, in case you’re wondering.

To be honest, I wasn't wondering. It's rather obvious that the narrator would be the one to do so.

Yes, I was wealthy, always keep a note on that, but my kind of meaning of wealth is that my father was in the mob business. Let me clarify this M-O-B. I mean Italians, or let’s just be honest a bunch of white men in a higher kind facility finally decided to off my mother and my father just like that, the only thing they forgot to do was to kill me, the daughter.

This is a confusing jumble of words that can be put together in a better way. Also, why is it her "kind of meaning of wealth?" Actually, that sentence makes no sense. Do you mean the wealth is derived from mob-related actions?

This is a reaaaaally odd ending to your prologue/first chapter. You started talking about what the narrator was doing, then cut off in the middle and possibly decided it would have to be the end. Not good. Oh, and "cancelling" has two "L"s.

But for someone who has autism, I had a very calm state of mind when I first saw my parents dead on the floor.

Just to clarify; have you done any research on autism, or know someone autistic? I'm asking this because it's not okay to right about disorders that you don't know anything about. And this particular sentence essentially clumps all autistic people as those having the same behaviours.
If you have done some research, great!

Anyway, I would love to see the next few chapters. Things seem interesting here, although I wish this piece itself wasn't quite so short. Well, I can wait. I hope you keep writing!

- Lee

This chapter is when I wrote this when I was fifth teen but hey everyone can make mistakes. I have done research on autism, and no not all people with autism act the same, I know that because I talked to plenty of people who had autism many of them acted different.

The chapter was cut in half, I do that to leave confusion from time to time in order to gain more watchers or viewers. It's kinda fun doing that so..Imma keep doing it. I do have other stories that have odd endings at the chapters but because I cut them off.

-Noodles

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia