Hesed

by Songmorning

This is a song I wrote for a a very important person to me. Like "Joab's Song" and "The Gospel is Everything", this song was also born out of tears and prayer, long-held precious thoughts, and finally a single moment when it all came together into a song. I was sitting outside at 1 in the morning, crying and praying, when I wrote this one. Though it's especially for the person I mentioned, it can also be for anyone else who's angry at God for some reason or running from Christ.

As for the title, "Hesed" is the Hebrew word for the "grace" or "mercy" of God, but neither of those translations quite catch the whole meaning of the word. It's best translated into English as the phrase: "When the person from whom I have a right to expect nothing gives me everything." That is what God's grace is. I'll leave it up to you to guess why I chose that word as the title for this song.

Here's the tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTkZnjXles

Please forgive any poor quality. I was recording it on my phone, just wanting to have a recorded version so I could preserve the tune. The flowers are marigolds in my back yard.

~~~~

Stop your running

Quiet your fearing

Just let Jesus calm your soul

I know you’re angry

Don’t try to fake it

But the Lord is in control

~

I understand now what it’s all about

But Jesus is the answer

Just know I love you without a doubt

But Jesus loves you more

~

Christ is He

Who feels all your pain

Who suffered everything

That this dirty world has to offer

The Great I AM

Who, with a single word,

Spelled out the universe

And with love He formed your soul

~

Even though you turn

Even though you run

He gave up all His rights

So that He could be with you

He sacrificed

~

So I am certain

And you know too

Christ is running after you

So though you’re trying

To keep on hiding

He will catch you someday soon

~

Please give up all of your doubts at last

And surrender to the mystery

Of a God so great we could never guess

He wants to be with you

Yes, He has chosen you!

~

Christ is He

Who feels all your pain

Who suffered everything

That this dirty world has to offer

The Great I AM

Who, with a single word,

Spelled out the universe

And with love He formed your soul

~

Even though you turn

Even though you run

He gave up all His rights

So that He could be with you

He sacrificed

~

I’m just sitting here

Underneath the stars

And I’m praying…

~

And I know

God is calling you

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:41 am
TahaT11n wrote a review...

Morning, song.

My day will definitely turn out great if I start it with listening to this song. Sorry, network here seems to be not so good. I couldn't watch the whole video. But I heard the intro. It's beautifully calm. And this calmness just purifies your soul and heart.

The title is awesome. It's my first time in YWS seeing such a title. And it's an amazingly mysterious word. It hides so many words within itself.

As for the lyric, it's beautifully calm,too. Starting from the intro to the ending, the lyric seemed to have no scratch. Of coarse, it couldn't since it was mending the scratches in someone's heart. All simple words, simple lines but they look magical. Yeah, they have the magic of healing. THIS is the strength of feelings. And THIS is the proof that a piece written from true feelings is the best one.

Thank you so much for sharing such a lyric with us.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:03 pm
Stori says...

Not only have you written beautiful lyrics, but you also have an angelic voice. I think Sepia would be proud of you.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:50 pm
KaiTheGreater says...

I started crying around the second verse.
Thank you so much for this <3

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:22 pm
HolographicLadybug wrote a review...

Wow. This is stunningly beautiful. It feels very subtle, but at the same time, very intense, you know? I felt very peaceful as I was reading it. I don't know if that was you goal in writing this, but if it was, you've done it well.
As I have already mentioned, this is stunning. Stunning in many ways, especially ways that are failed to describe in words. Does that make sense?
Anyway, this was really interesting. It looks like it was interesting to write.
I've got nothing to really single out because it was all very.... Uh..... Well, I have no word for that one.
Like I've said a dozen times before, well done. :)

Songmorning says...

I guess when a song comes from praying for someone for as long as you can remember...You know, if you've ever had an unbelieving family member...

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:22 am

You should post a link to this in God has More Followers :)

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady