z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Why am I repeating myself?

by SheaKay


Author's Note: Hey! Another poem, heh heh. This was inspired by OrionRising. Funny story, actually. He was in the chat, and kept making the same face. After the second or third time, he says "Why am I repeating myself?" And then, of course, I randomly got the inspiration for this. I free wrote it in-chat, actually. Because I'm strange like that. Anyways, here you are.

"Why am I repeating myself? In a world left in the gray...

A land choosing to hear not, and voices fade away.

Who am I to cry out, my words upon deaf ears?

Why am I repeating myself? It seems that no one cares..."


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
129 Reviews


Points: 1820
Reviews: 129

Donate
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 am
Wriskypump says...



Ah, but maybe because others repeated themselves for the likes of us, during a time when we would rather not hear of it.




User avatar
241 Reviews


Points: 286
Reviews: 241

Donate
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm
Jonathan wrote a review...



Hey Shea. Me here with a review, Hopefully it will help.

Okay well I was there for a bit but I left early so I can write in ignorance of what happened.

Okay maybe this was a typo or not but that who Seems like it is supposed to be How or maybe Who am I to cry out too.

Overall Very nice I like it though I am not sure why maybe because it is original maybe because it is better than anything I can write, though I think that if you tried you could write and epic poem, even better than this, I also like hoe you ex-plane how you were inspired to write it.

If you have anything else you wan't me to read and give you my opinion on then just post it on my wall...

~Jonathan~




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 3

Donate
Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:09 am
calenwric wrote a review...



This is pretty deep! Haha, I hope you let OrionRising know he inspired you to write this poem. I'd love to know the meaning behind this poem, since it strangely makes me visualize an apocalyptic world. A world where life is void. A world where you're truly alone for the first time.




User avatar
205 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 205

Donate
Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:05 am
AEChronicle wrote a review...



I like this.

You cover a very simple, yet interesting topic, and keep it simple. I like that you haven't blown it out of proportions with some big and over zealous explanation.

"Why am I repeating myself? In a world left in the grey...


This is my only nitpick. Grey should be Gray, as Gray is the color, and Grey is a verbal use of the color.

Beyond that, it's a good poem. I like the line,

Who am I to cry out, my words upon deaf ears?


It really exemplifies the whole premise of the poem and brings to light a controversial point; Is what we are saying, worth the effort of saying it? In the end, I think so.

Thank you SheaKay!




SheaKay says...


Thanks again, AE! And I fixed that typo. I'm often making that mistake. =p But otherwise, I'm grateful for this review, and am very happy you like it! ^_^





XD Shea. Gray and grey are both the same word -they mean the same thing. Check your spell checker/ a dictionary.




I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal