z

Young Writers Society



Winners

by SPAuthor


The clock is ticking down, each second stretched into a million by the tension in the air. Red and white and green fill the court and bleachers. The audience holds their breath, watching as the players run down the court, passing the fateful orange ball from hand to waiting hand.

Tick, tick, tick. The players are breathing hard, determination on their faces. Neither is willing to admit defeat. Not yet.

Tick, tick. Green has the ball. The audience rises to their feet, watching.

Tick. A green player braces, shoots.

Swish. The greatest sound a player can hear, when it means a win.

The bell rings harshly, and the audience screams, in joy for the green, and in frustration for the red.

A year of devotion and hard work has finally paid off for the green team.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 5541
Reviews: 29

Donate
Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 pm
xLogan says...



Nice little short snippit, I like it - although one thing, the closing line:

The green have won.


I would reword this a bit, just doesn't fit right to me.




SPAuthor says...


Thanks! I'll try and fix it now.




"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf