The Suicide To End All Suicides

by PerfectWeapon

Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting. 

<3 Kellin Quinn

This story is kind of long, so enjoy reading it!

Rei’s point of view:

I stood only inches from the edge of the building, from my finally breath, and final tear. I look at the scars on my wrist,and think this is what I want. I know this is what I want, but there is something holding me back, I want to jump, but why couldn’t I just do it? At the time I didn’t know. I took a step back, of the ledge and feel to my knees, I was crying, I didn’t know why though. I sat of the roof, and thought about my past, how I ended up here, and here is my story.

I was happy, and bright, and really worried about my grades, and I wanted to go to college, and get a good job. I also wanted to play an instrument, and sing, and be everything. I would sit at home, I would do all of my work, and I would practice my singing, Jackie (My best friend) would come over, and we would sing together, and he would teach me the guitar. He was what many people called an “emo”. He was always depressed, except he says not when I was around, and he hoped I never suffered like he did. He was always teased for wearing skinny jeans, and listening to “weird” bands, and wearing black eyeliner. He had black hair that covered one eye, and he had to constantly flip it. Many people called him gay, and they made fun of him for it. Everybody told him to kill himself, and to go cry to your slutty girlfriend. his face turned red, and he would stay ask me to stay with him for a couple days, and I would. he didn’t have a girlfriend, so he knew they would talk about me when they told him to go cry to his girlfriend.

For days on end, I would stay with him, because I was terrified of what he might do, I was scared he would kill himself. On the days that I wasn’t there, I would text him all the time, and he would call me, and we would talk, I would sit in the bathroom during class, and I felt like I was cared about, I loved it.

At one point, I was hanging out with my boyfriend, and he just ended it. He said he loved someone else, and I was just a placeholder. I was so confused, I thought we had had something. I was wrong, he walked away from me, and left me there. I knew at that point, I was an unwanted “placeholder.” I texted James, and he came and brought me to his house. I cried, I knew I looked like an idiot, but I had thought he loved me, and I was stupid. James just sat there, holding me close to him, whispering that I will be fine, and he holds me in a hug for a while. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to breath normal, I was crying so hard.

The next day I woke up to my phone ringing, it was my parents who I haven’t talked to for a while, because like everyone else, they had started to hate me. They said I needed to get home as soon as possible. James woke up, and held me and asked if I was ok, and he held me in his arms. At that point I should have told him I had loved him, but I didn’t, and I can’t believe how stupid I was for it. He walked me in, and said hi to my parents when we got to my home. My parents started to scream at me, as if I had never stayed out all night. They hit me and pushed James out the door. They beat me and screamed at me.

I went to my room that day and cried for my ex-boyfriend, and the fact that my family hated me. I wanted to have James tell me it was going to be fine, even though we both knew it wasn’t. I tried to text him, but he ignored the text for a while, then he texted back finally, and we texted for hours until I fell asleep.

One day, I was texting him, and he just stopped responding and I called him, and he never responded. I started to get really worried, so I snuck out of my house and I went to his. He wasn’t there, I called him again, and once again, he didn’t respond. I waited at his house, and he never showed up. I went home and climbed into my bed, and cried, knowing what he had done. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do without him. He was like my guardian, and I loved him.

James’ point of view:

She cried for ages, and I couldn’t do anything about it. Her parents told me that if I ever talked to her again, they would tell the cops I hurt her. I couldn’t risk it, I loved her. I went to her window and listened to her cry. I was wishing for ages that I could help her, but I couldn’t.

The next day, I knew she would come and look for me, so I left my house for a couple hours. I hated doing this to her, and I knew it wasn’t right, but she was everything to me. As I am getting home, I see Rei running from my house crying. She thought I was dead.

I dropped everything and I started after her, forgetting what could happen. I slowed down as I neared her house, and remembered, I fell to my knees, silently sobbing. I walk back to my house and lay on the floor for a while.

About 3 months after I had to stop talking to her, I see her, her hair is jet black and her eyes are rimmed largely with black makeup. She is wearing skinny jeans, and a ripped up tight long sleeve shirt. She had bruises and cuts all over, and she looked like she hadn’t eaten in ages. She had been crying recently, I could tell because her anxiety was making her shake. That only happened when she was crying. She was walking with a guy, who I recognized easily, because he is the one who ruined my life. It was her father and he slapped her across the face and told her to go get something. I don’t know what though. He looked back and saw me, and grabbed her by her hair and told her to stay by him.

Rei’s point of view:

I hadn’t eaten for 2 and a half months. I refused to, because I thought James hated me. He was my life, and I needed him, and he never showed up. I had been diagnosed with depression, and I knew which way I was heading, I was gonna match James. I didn’t mind, he looked good like an emo, but I wasn’t sure I would. I soon started cutting every time I thought about James, and every time I wanted to cry about him, I put a new cut on my wrist.

I tried to end my suffering with an overdose on antidepressants, and I cut deep into my wrists. I never died though, and I couldn’t do this anymore. I walked away from my father, and started heading to the tallest building near me, I climbed the stairs, and came put on to the roof. I step up to the ledge and I end up here, crying, and hating myself and remembering why.

James point of view:

I followed her, I saw her back down off the ledge, and I run up. I wrap my arms around her crying and holding her. At first she is stunned, but soon realizes what is going on. She looks at me and cries even more, and holds me back. She is crying, and holding me like she used to. I held her close to me, and pressed my forehead against hers and whispered “I love you.” She laughed and held my hand and pressed her lips to my nose, and said “I love you too.”

I knew her father would nearly kill her, so I asked if she wanted to come live with me, she smiles and laughs and cries at the same time, and says she would love to.

That night, I took her home and snuck in her window to help her pack. We left, her hand in mine. I got in the car and kissed her forehead softly and told he, “Never give in.” She laughed because it was her favorite song by Black Veil Brides, and she said “I couldn’t Savior,” she knew it was my favorite song by Black Veil Brides.

Cause its the end, and I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid to die. 

-Black Veil Brides In The End

Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:17 am
RubyRed wrote a review...

Hi. This is such a good story, so dark and sad though. Anyway I would have to agree with Jupiter on the fact that this does took a little rush. I will put you out to a few mistakes in your writing too. Look at the second line in your first paragraph although it's not a big deal you put:
"I look at the scars on my wrist,and think this is what I want." You don't have a space after the comma which kind of makes reading harder. And at the second paragraph the are some parts where you don't capitalize the first word in your sentence. Out side of that lets look at your characters. You put a lot of emotion into Rei and not a lot into James which kind of makes him look a little less into the relationship. I love your sentence:

"I knew her father would nearly kill her, so I asked if she wanted to come live with me..."
You make him look like a protective person I think you should add some more things like that that makes him look even more protective of her like maybe put:

"James wanted to keep me from him and his beatings but there was nothing he could do but hope, hope that he wouldn't do anything worse then he had done in the past." But I just love this story. It makes me want to cry! Keep writing!

Thank you so much! I am working on another piece, it is called The Suicidal Encounter That Saved. If you get a chance I would love your opinion!

RubyRed says...

Sure! I would love to read it. :P

Ok I will post the link here. The Suicide To End All Suicides

Wrong link, sorry The Suicidal Encounter That Saved Chapter 1 This is the right one.

GLaDOS wrote a review...

xJ here,

There are many things I'd like to say about this story, they're mostly praises. Firstly, I like how you separated the points of view so your audience can hear all parts of the story. You did make a few grammar mistakes, but the story itself made up for that.

Another part I loved was when Rei stayed with James to keep him from doing any bad things. I've heard something like this before on a show. It was this girl named Maya who let her guy friend stay with her to stay out of a gang. The guy had feelings for her, and he was very sensitive. So Maya dated him to keep him from going back to the gang or squatting at houses. It's a long story... But anyway, in this story the girl actually had the same feelings in return. Which I like because you had a Suicide story and added some romance, very nice.

But at the end, after they had JUST coupled up, James offered Rei to live with him. It seemed a bit as if you were trying to rush the growth of their relationship together. These things take time.

Overall, this was a beautiful story with a great ending, I loved it! Keep writing. ^.^

And may your travels through space and time be merry,

-xJ

Ok ,thnx for the review! I agree I felt like I rushed it also. I'm writing a new story with a similar view, if you would like I will let you know when I submit it :) I also like the ending, I just LOVE DOCTOR WHO!!! EEK! Anyway, thnx for the review.

xJupiter says...

No prob, Buddeh c:

Konijn wrote a review...

Hello Tigerlilly here to review! Happy review day!

This is just so beautiful I literally started crying. I loved the ending, the way it was happy and so unpredictable. I loved the twists you put in it, the way he wasn't really dead, and the heartbreak in it all. It was just a great story line.
Now I'm going to jump into the nitpicks. You had quite a few careless mistakes in this, such as run-on sentences, forgetting to capitalize at the beginning of a sentence, and some spelling errors. I'm not going to bother pointing all of these out, I feel like if you read through it a bit you will find them.
I found this story incredibly clever in the way it was reading, the way it kept you hooked and guessing and yet never quite knowing. I loved it. I think with some editing it could be a really really good story. Keep writing, I look forward to reading more of your works! :)

Thank you very much! I know that I made some mistakes, I read it over, and realized somethings, and I felt incredibly stupid for the bloody things! Thank you for the review!

Konijn says...

Thank you for writing it! It was excellent and very inspiring to me!

No problem
Thank you

cleverclogs wrote a review...

Hello! cleverclogs here for a review day review!

I'm going to jump right in with some nitpicky things. You have a few mistakes in this, like tense switches and run-on sentences. I'm not going to point out every single one because I'm sure you can do that yourself, but I'll give you an example.

I took a step back, of the ledge and feel to my knees, I was crying, I didn’t know why though.

There are too many thoughts crammed into this sentence. It should look more like this:

I took a step back off the ledge and fell to my knees. I was crying, but I didn't know why.

That reads much more naturally, yes? Most of the mistakes I saw were things like that. Nothing that can't be fixed by a good edit. :)

Now, onto the content. I was a bit confused. You mention in your comment that the name is James, not Jackie. If that's the case, then you should change the time where you call him Jackie to James, because that messed me up. Also, the boyfriend sort of came out of nowhere. I thought that it was James at first. Maybe you could add a few words about him before.
I'm not sure why everyone started hating Rei. Was it because she's friends with James? Some of the character's motives were a little fuzzy to me, especially the abusive father.
A word of advice: If you're changing perspectives, don't tell us outright. Add some clues that make it plain to the reader that the POV has changed. You did that, so I could tell the difference without you telling me. Instead of saying, "Rei's point of view," do something like this:

*narration by James*

~~~

*narration by Rei*

That makes the transition a bit cleaner.

Overall, this wasn't a bad story, but it could use a bit of polishing. You did a good job getting your point across, but some things were confusing. I honestly think that if you spent more time on this and made it longer, it would smooth it out a lot and make things clearer. Keep on writing! :)

Thanks, yeah I agree with the run on sentences. Thank you for the review, and I will continue as you asked!
Bye!

PerfectWeapon says...

I'm warning you, the name is James, not Jackie. I had it Jackie originally, but I liked the name James better!
<3

uwu
— soundofmind