z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone Language

Poetry

by PeaceNyumbaiza



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 10714
Reviews: 122

Donate
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:09 am
LUNARGIRL wrote a review...



Hello, LUNARGIRL here with a review!

Great job on the poem! You chose all the right words and made it sound beautiful. I loved all your similes you used. There was so much emotion, and it was such a strong poem. My favorite part was the beginning.
"I draw my strength with a broken pencil,

for nothing makes me whole like an empty page.

I search for hidden meaning between these lines,

and find her with hope at the end of each piece."

Your poem was so inspirational, and I loved every part of it.

Can't wait to read what you write next!

Carpe diem,
LUNARGIRL




User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 4
Reviews: 12

Donate
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:23 pm
AbduBinSaj8 wrote a review...



Hello, Abdu's here for a review.

I'm not going to rate this piece. It'll put this wonderful piece of writing to shame.

I only have one word for it - FANTASTIC

Each and every word is appropriately chosen and used. I've got nothing to say about it, except that it's very well-written.

A question, though.
Is there a rule in English poetry that you have to start with a capital letter in every line?
Please let me know.

In any case, I loved the poem.




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 111
Reviews: 16

Donate

User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 111
Reviews: 16

Donate


There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket