z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Blazewing

by NightKaizer


Blazing fire reaching the sky,

Is blue but no longer.

Does peace settle among us,

Are traitors.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
745 Reviews


Points: 1626
Reviews: 745

Donate
Mon May 15, 2017 12:10 am
Lumi wrote a review...



Yo, Kaizer.

The problems with this boil down to a horrendous issue with tense shifts and sentence composition. In total, it really holds no emotional or engaging intellectual merit for me, and I don't see any point coming of it with edits? All the same, if you know what it's all about, do tell me. Otherwise, I believe this may be one either for a drastic facelift or, given the lack of fresh images and concepts ( ? ) it may just need to be learned from.

Always aiming to improve,
Lumi




User avatar
373 Reviews


Points: 46306
Reviews: 373

Donate
Sun May 14, 2017 2:26 pm
PrincessInk wrote a review...



Hey there, NightKaizer. I'm just leaving a review for you :)

I'm honestly very confused by the meaning of the poem. I suspect the reason is that the sentence structure is rather ambiguous. Take these two lines for example:

Blazing fire reaching the sky,

Is blue but no longer.


Was the blazing fire blue? Or the sky? I'm assuming the sky, but I'm not sure myself.

Does peace settle among us,

Are traitors.


And this one...sorry, I can't make any heads or tails of this. Does it mean that even if peace returns there is treachery?

So overall, I do see some potential hidden in this poem, but it's obscured because the sentence structure is honestly rather awkward and needs some clarity and refining. I hope this review helped and feel free to PM me if you want to talk!

Image





It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming