z

Young Writers Society


12+

I Love You To Death

by MrsxCreepypasta


To Marshall

We have known it for a while now. The both of us. But yet you still shy away from me, you don’t look at me the way you used to. You hide more often, never showing me your love. I know you love me. Do you remember our last kiss? Short but sweet. I can still feel your warmth from when you held me last Christmas. Why do you stray from me? Acting like we never happened? My glass is very thin, but yet you stand on it. My heart was yours, but you didn't want it. My love was a gift, and you never unwrapped it. I can’t see you anymore, it's like you have a wall around yourself, not letting anyone in. We both know we're falling out of love, but yet you don't care. Still, I seem to find the letters in my throat to say I love you.

I watch you sleep sometimes, only in class, when the teachers slow and boring words rock you to slumber. You always look happy when you sleep. You smile, that seems rare now. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen you smile. Your glass is damaged, I can tell. Scratched and chipped. But did I do that? why can’t you just tell me why you're distant? is there another? You tell me you’re fine, but yet I know, deep down, there is something eating you.

I saw you with a girl last night. I followed you home. Do you like her? She's pretty Marshall. She's on the cheer squad, am I right? I often hear the boys in the hall talk about her. I don't blame them; she was really pretty, those big blue eyes and long brown hair always made the guys smile. Most of the girls wanted to be her, and the guys wanted to do her. You kissed her with same lips you used to kiss me with. How was it? Did you like it? I bet you did. How could you not? They were so pink and soft. She's dead now Marshall after she left your house, I followed her home. It's surprisingly easy to break into a house in the middle of the night. She slept so soundly and peacefully that she didn't hear me enter her bedroom. She screamed a lot, but that was okay no one could hear her. I slit her throat; she didn't even have a chance to fight back. She drowned in a pool of her own blood. It's funny, even in death she is flawless.

I cried myself to sleep every night, wondering when you would come back to me. It angers me to know that you were never coming. My heart hurts seeing the way you look at me with your sad blue eyes, But it's okay I still love you. I love you so much it hurts. I know you can't live without me. Maybe we can start over, you don't have to worry about that girl getting in our way. We can finally be together.

I snuck into your house if your finding this letter then that means I'm still here. Don't think about getting your parents they're not here right now. Don't worry I haven't killed them, after all, they are my future in-laws. I just put them in a deep sleep. Don't be alarmed by the blood it's only the dogs. Poor pooch, I didn't want to kill him, he just wouldn't stop barking. I couldn't let him wake your sister. I didn't kill her either I just locked her in the deep fridge. I bet you're looking at it right now, don't even try to open it, I have the key. I bet you want to run away and scream for help, but I already locked the doors. The windows are glued shut, they won't budge. You're stuck in here with me. The phone line has been cut so you can't call the police. Remember how you lost your phone this morning? I took it while you were asleep like always. It's all been planned out Marshie. Can't you see this was meant to be? Just walk up those stairs and we can finally be together at last. Don't think about running away because there's something you don't quite understand yet.

¨I love you to DEATH.¨


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
935 Reviews


Points: 2806
Reviews: 935

Donate
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 pm
Shady wrote a review...



Hey CreepyxMrspasta,

Shady here with a review for your short story.

I like how you started off. It seems innocent, a girl going through heartbreak as her boyfriend is becoming distant and withdrawn. Painful, relate-able, good all around.

I saw you with a girl last night. I followed you home. Do you like her? She's pretty Marshall. She's on the cheer squad, am I right?


Aaaaaand now it's getting creepy. Following him home? Ehh. Desperate haha. I'm interested to see how this story progresses. It's getting quite interesting now.

She's dead now Marshall after she left your house, I followed her home. It's surprisingly easy to break into a house in the middle of the night. She slept so soundly and peacefully that she didn't hear me enter her bedroom.


O.o Definitely creepy. Okay. Didn't see this one coming, but I think it's good. You have me fascinated as to the narrator of this story. She started out seeming to be a girl that could be basically any high school girl, and then suddenly it turns out she's a psychopath. Interesting change of events.

~ ~ ~

Dude. This was awesome. It is short, but caused so many more "wait, what?" moments than I could've possibly anticipated when I started reading. This was definitely suspenseful -- even to the last sentence. I want to know what happens to Marshall. And yet, I think you ended it perfectly. A story like this is best left with a cliffhanger. I feel like after a story like this, basically any resolution at the end would feel cheapened.

I just really like how she's so self-assured and doesn't seem to feel even a little bit bad about murdering people and animals for her own cause. It's fascinating. I think it would be good if you made this a bit longer, maybe. I mean, do we ever actually hear the girl's name? What's her backstory? Her family? What drove her to this point?

Overall, though, this was an excellent story. I really enjoyed it. Well done!

Keep writing!

~Shady 8)




User avatar
1260 Reviews


Points: 1630
Reviews: 1260

Donate
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 am
Elinor wrote a review...



Hi there!

I'm Ellie, and I'm here to give you a review. Conceptually, I liked this story. I liked how it started off as a fairly innocent story about a young woman being cheated on by someone she thought loved her, and then it becomes something else entirely.

I like how unabashedly psychopathic your narrator is. She doesn't feel remorse for any of the horrible things she's done. She believes this is the right thing, this is what's going to mend their relationship. I was a little confused as to whether they were still together, but had drifted apart or had broken up and she's just refusing the accept it. I think the story works either way, but she might come across a little bit more psychopathic if you go down the latter route.

I think there's a piece missing of this story. There's not a lot we know about the protagonist other than that she's insane. Has she done things like this before? probably not on this level, but did this come out of nowhere or has she misbehaved and acted out before? I think, like a lot of people I'm morbidly fascinated with serial killers and other evil people and I think either way, certain serial killers talk about being in a "fog" and then killing makes them feel alive for the first time. It's sick, but I wonder if this is something you could play into. Who was your protagonist before? How did she get to this point?

Overall, the writing is pretty solid, I would just like to see more. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :)





No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words