His Name Was Turd

by Morrigun

So, this poem is REALLY dumb but Facebook showed it to me in my memories from a status I posted many years ago. I couldn't resist sharing it.

I had a bird,

his name was Turd.

He went outside,

and then he died.

I had a hog

whose name was Dog.

He ate the bird

'cause dogs eat turds.

sheysse wrote a review...

Hey yo! Shey here to review this thing, cause admittedly it's been in the green room too long.

As far as grammar and rhythm goes, this poem was pretty perfect. Humor was amazing. I genuinely laughed, and most humor just makes me smile and nod my head.

My only comment is the rhyming. It rhymed most of always, which added to humor. But dog and hog don't rhyme. Dog is pronounced dawg and hog is pronounced hahg. I'm not saying to fix it, just keep it in mind.

Overall, bravo on writing this humorous and creative poem. Adieu!

-Sheyren

Hi there Morrigun! Niteowl here to leave a quick review so this doesn't just hang out in the Green Room.

Overall, this is both humorous and has a strong rhyme scheme. The meter is strong and the rhymes don't feel forced.

I had a hog,

his name was Dog.

One tiny grammar thing: this is a comma splice. It would work just as well and be more grammatically sound with "I had a hog whose name was Dog."

Overall, this is silly but I liked it. Keep writing! :D

Morrigun says...

Thanks! Changes made. :P

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:04 am
Spartan118 says...

This is funny asf and I have to admit had me rolling.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 am
znale1 says...

Well.... This is pretty funny, but verryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different.

The person who has no opinion will seldom be wrong.
— Anonymous