z

Young Writers Society



Technolgy: New Concept Today

by MarkAtienza


“Technology: New Concept Today”

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity” this quote described what world we have now. Our world nowadays is being modernized because of the swift evolution of technology. It affects all the things that surround us, and because of that we can say that technology already invades us. All the things that we see now are made by futuristic mind of people that give us an effortless life. Even though there are many benefits that technology gave us, our humane society now becomes more complicated than before. Life cycle in the past is much simpler than now. We are experiencing now a new concept which affects the physical, mental, and social and nature aspects.

If we talked about health and convenient activities, our generalization is our physical needs. “The Creative Destruction of Medicine” (Eric Topol, 2013) describes how medicine is entering the age of democratization as power of shifts from hospitals, doctors and caregivers to patients, potentially leading to care improvement. He says that “digital innovations now made it possible to use portable devices to access their medical information, monitor their vital signs, take tests at home and carry out a wide range of tasks”. This book explains that technology has many contributions in the fields of medicine. Isn’t amazing how medicine technically do things such as seeing a baby in the womb of a woman, removing a tumor inside the body and other technological operations? It is amusing to think that technology serves as capsule that can cure many diseases. It is one example of how technology innovate our everyday lives. Technology also helps our daily commotion, especially in terms of a “chill out” activities, and other way to fulfilled life. Everyday many electronics that used to make our life easy goes to the bazaar, and we see there the advancement of technology.

Teaching a human with blending software improve the students learn fast. (Chicago and New York, 2013). It says that education with software and program will help the students to learn efficiently. Technology that upgrades the concept of education I think is not new to us, but the effect of these to the student is very accurate. The use of technology in the school such as LCD, laptop and internet makes the student learn faster because of the program and software that construct the lesson hi-tech. The example of this is what we called Ibooks, here in the Philippines many universities/schools is applying this item. It is a touch pad that all of the books needed by students are already there. It is convenient to use as well as carrying it. It also helps to expand the learning, to widening resources, and to discover new things.

What about in social aspects? I think it is the best topic that related to technology because all things that involved in our social aspects now is made of technology. For example is the way of our communication; we are using many gadgets like, cellular phone, laptop and other device that can used to be connects to others. Technology is like a branch of a tree and we are the leaves that make us connect to each other. “Communication and Technology” (Emily Post) says that we think communication has changed because of technology, but communication itself never changed. It is the means that we used to have changed daily. We can’t deny the verity that without technology, our community will be paralyzing in a way that no branches can hold us anymore. We will back in the manual concept which communication and connection to others is will expend a long method. Now if we think about that precedent concept, we can critically think that technology is like magic, it is like a new era that comes to us to form a jam-packed area that what we called “community’.

Technology also affects Natural World, in a way that it has advantage and disadvantages to our surroundings. First technology helps our environment to launch new things such as buildings. It helps the environment to be forward-looking; in short technology helps the environment to be pleasing to the eyes of modern people. Maybe it is good to see our environment is bursting of technological thing, but think again we only believe it is good and amazing to live in this cyborg life since it’s suit to our generation because it is a our new perception that we can’t live without contraption. We can’t see that our scenery is slowly turning into a big factory, there’s smoke everywhere, mountains are bald, and the worst part is many people ignore it. Yes people invented now a solar power vehicle that helps to less land pollutions, but it is not enough to save Mother Nature. If we compare our past and present life we can consider that technology is the main reason why nature fade-away its natural beauty, but I wish technology can refurbish it, like it raise our surroundings.

Our avant-garde world is boundless that we can’t visualize how enlightened it is. Technology already conquered us, as if we’re in imperialism of technology. It change everything, our standard of living, our background, in short everything. Technology classify everything, it manage are bodies, our mind and environment. Life without technology will be gruel especially in terms of our needs and wants. This is already the marked that we are now dependent in technology; we are now in the world that full of mechanism. We are experiencing now a new concept or new era that says “no to manual” which affects our physical, mental, and social and nature aspects of our life.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm
NatsuDragneel says...



Your topic is very interesting. The content is excellent. Nice job. Keep it up. :D




User avatar


Points: 368
Reviews: 3

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:33 pm
ValenciaAndrea says...



Eye catching hook, Nice! You have a great topic about technology it has a wide range. It is very interesting.




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:19 pm
Raymund says...



its a good essay :D




User avatar
663 Reviews


Points: 11295
Reviews: 663

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 pm
Messenger wrote a review...



Knight Malachi here to review for the knights of the Green Room.
so first off, welcome to YWS! Hope you love this sight as much as I have in only the month I've been here. So, technical problems first.

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity” this quote described what world we have now.

So, first off you need to say who said this, and also a period is missing at the end of the quote. That means that you need to capitalize the word, this. Also, I think it should be describes, not described.

are made by futuristic mind

You are missing the word, the, in between by and futuristic. Just a small error. :)

It is one example of how technology innovate our everyday live

Innovate needs an s.

Teaching a human with blending software improve the students learn fast.

The ending of this line makes no sense.

Now, there are a lot more problems, but I felt like giving you every single one might be a little overwhelming. and Teen also pointed some of them out. There were a few in the last paragraph.
Overall you did a pretty good job.
Keep it up!




Random avatar
MarkAtienza says...


Thank you sir for reviewing my essay, it will help me a lot



User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:27 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Hey, I'm HT here to review. Now, I don't really review essays that often, but I have reviewed them before. So while I'm not the resident guru I still am knowledgeable. I tend to focus on the technicality of the piece first, and then I give you my opinion of it.

Let me just say before I begin, welcome to the site.

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity” this quote described what world we have now.


You did not indicate who you were quoting, and you did not include punctuation within the quote to show whether or not it ended or continued on.

Also, I believe that "described," is past tense, where the nature of the sentence is present tense. Changing the word to "describes," makes the meaning a little clearer.

“The Creative Destruction of Medicine” (Eric Topol, 2013)


If this is the title of a book, as I assume it to be, then you need to place it in italics.

He says that,...digital innovations now made it possible to use portable devices to access their medical information.....


*Edit

If this is not the beginning of the quote, you need to indicate it as such. If it is the beginning of the quote, then you need to capitalize the first letter.

we are using many gadgets like, cellular phone, laptop and other devices


*Edit

The biggest issue you had is when you used quotation marks, you did not use a comma.
Now, I am not saying that you need to do this every single time you use quotation marks, but it needs to be done occasionally, like when you quote someone for example.

I thought that you made you point very clear and supported it well, and I liked how you didn't just stick with your presented opinion (the Einstein quote) but you also explored the benefits of technology.

I have to mention though, that technically speaking you misspelled "iBook's". Apple has for some reason decided that the majority of their products must begin with a lowercase "I" and have the next letter be capitalized. Crazies.

One last thing, everything that I type in my reviews is my honest opinion, meant to help you. If you disagree with anything that I have said, that 's okay. It's all just suggestions in the end, for you are the author here and you have the final say. I only hope that this has helped you in some small way.

HT



Random avatar
MarkAtienza says...


Thank you, sir. I"m sure it will help me a lot.



KnightTeen says...


Ummm. I'm a girl.

I don't have the equipment to be a sir.


Random avatar
MarkAtienza says...


Oh my bad, sorry ma'm, once again thank you



KnightTeen says...


Yeah, no problem.



User avatar
425 Reviews


Points: 11417
Reviews: 425

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:15 pm
Nate wrote a review...



I like how you open with a quote by Einstein, but you forgot to note that he said it! All you need to do is include something like, "this quote by Albert Einstein describes what world..."

At the time Einstein said that, though, he wasn't referring to us becoming slaves of technology, but rather to the atom bomb. I don't know specifically the year he said it, but it was probably after the dropping of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and it probably seemed likely it would happen again. However, as we now know, it didn't happen again. Instead, more than half-a-century of relative peace has followed, billions of people have been pulled out of poverty, and the world is overall a safer and healthier place to live than ever before.

So, I think you take too much of a pessimistic view in that regard, but that doesn't mean your point isn't valid. One thing that I'd like you to expand on more are bald mountains, since mountain top mining is a big problem with huge environmental consequences.

However, you also do balance your essay very nicely by talking about the benefits to students and to our health, and that helps to bolster the pessimistic view you ultimately offer. If you had only said that technology is bad, your essay would be weak. But since you offer both points of view before giving your own, it makes your essay much stronger.



Random avatar
MarkAtienza says...


Thank you sir,I'm happy about your comment because this is the first time I wrote an extended essay.



User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:16 pm
kingteejay8 says...



I love it. You've made an excellent essay. Job well done. :D




User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate

User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm
johnemmanuel says...



Nice work! Nice Essay!




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:11 pm
anon says...



i really like your article. make another one.

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 pm
Jairuz says...



Wonderful essay. Very well said. Technology always gives us comfortable life and it always makes task easier but, we should always keep in our mind that there is limitation and too much is bad.

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 am
Chard says...



Good job! Agreed. The advancement of the technology today fits the lifestyle of the current generation. Scientists and Engineers must consider if the future generation would love to live the life we used to live. They should also shift their focus in deriving formula/ways to rebuild the environment damaged by the rapid growth seen for the past centuries.

Keep up the good work!

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am
Franco says...



The essay was made with good and rather interesting points. The stand was supported well. The essay is also informative prior the topic. Sentences are coherent and relevant.

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am
arcanendaya says...



Nice! Very well said.




Random avatar

Points: 315
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 am
Euclarkie says...



Very well said. Nice article huh, keep up the good work. :D




User avatar


Points: 378
Reviews: 1

Donate

User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 pm
AiraPatricia says...



Your first sentence is very catchy. Nice essay! Keep it up. :)




User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 pm
AiraPatricia says...



Your first sentence is very catchy. Nice essay! Keep it up. :)




User avatar


Points: 290
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:44 pm
franzmunoz says...



oh!. this essay is pretty amazing. there's nothing I can say.




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:21 pm
charles23mds says...



Nice one. I like your essay. Keep up the good work.





The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality