Home » Literary works » Other » Review

Pain; DO NOT WANT!

by Kabloozleman

I am not a gentleman. I tried; I failed. I am too much of a "ghetto city boy" for that anymore. Maybe in another lifetime; not now.

I am at a loss. I have flaws. Sorry. I'll have to remember to be perfect next time.

I tease you because I can't say "I Love You."

I beckon. Like a siren. No, wait, sirens are beautiful. They're also female. And european.
Sound familiar?

This is me. That is me also. Everyone has a dark side; I've kept mine under wraps for so long it burst out in a fit of showering locusts, pouring forth and destroying everything I've worked for.

I have done wrong.

It takes two to love.

There was love. Once. Now it's just pain. Pure pain. The pain I felt when I left. The pain I felt when I saw you no longer loved me.

I was stupid. I thought I could bring you back.

I was wrong.

I pushed away the closest friend I've ever had,
and
I'll never forgive myself.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:47 am
noninjaes says...

I can't wait 'till the points system is back up because it will force you to review to post your own works.
Unfortunately because while the points system is down, there are a lot of works lacking reviews and you are not helping reduce that number, no I am not to give this piece the review it deserves.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:03 pm
ElrRay says...

a pure cri de coeur

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 am

Wow. The short lines and simple phrases really hit it hard. This is very well written and I personally love to write in this particular style, I have no criticism for you. Keep writing and welcome to youngwriters (:

"When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are."
— Mikhail Baryshnikov