This work has been locked

The Path Not Taken

by James565611

On a morning dew of a cozy weather,

I found myself in a path of twain,

As I stood I look farther

Both bent to the undergrowth

But one had foot toes

Caught between two roads

But I can’t travel both

As I’m but one traveler

In my dilemma, I looked harder

But each path seem farther

On this path of no foot tracks

I dare not take a step

Its loneliness; accompanied

with bushy boulevards

but still I looked down as far as I could

to where it bent in the undergrowth

I shall be telling this with a relieve

On a morning dew of a cozy weather

I found myself in a path of twain

I took the path less traveled

And that has changed everything

This work has been locked

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:19 am
niteowl says...

Due to the noted similarities with "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/ ... -not-taken, I am locking this work. Please remember to always give credit to the original author of any work you use, even if you are adding on to it or changing it in some way.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 am
Justlittleoleme2 wrote a review...

This is a poem by Robert Frost. It's been changed a little here and there, but barely.

If you want to share poetry by authors you love, and find other people who appreciate the same sort of poetry, you can start a form in the lounge, or find one that has already been set up.

This is a spot for posting poetry that YOU have written. You should really give a try! As I'm sure you already know, poetry is an amazing medium for self expression.

The best part is that it doesn't have to be perfect, or eloquent even, it just needs to come from the heart. ^-^

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 am
ScarlettFire wrote a review...

Hi there, James565611! My name is Scarlett, and I'll be reviewing your poetry today. ^^

First off, the title doesn't need to be all caps. It's off-putting to people reading, and it's kind of annoying. Of course, I understand if it's supposed to help it stand out or something but, uh...it kind of stands out for the wrong reasons? So year, maybe not do all caps for a title next time.

Secondly, I think this could benefit from having some stanzas, most because that will set it out better and make it easier for people to read. It's kind of the same deal with huge blocks of prose. Paragraphs help to make reading easier. ^^ Of course, where to split the stanzas is totally up to you!

Also, you don't have to capitalize the first letter of every line. Of course, that's not a hard rule and is more of a personal preference thing. If you're curious, go check out some of the other poetry on YWS, especially by people like Aley, Audy or alliyah to see how they set out their poetry. ^^

Overall, I think you have a great concept and a good beginning and ending, though the middle fell a little short and could use some work. I also noticed you started off with a good idea of where you wanted your punctuation, but that quickly dissolved into basically nothing. Anyway, great piece of poetry! With a little work, you could make this amazing.

Keep it up and never stop writing!

~Scarlett.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am
CJ6233 says...

I really like this, I love the ending! The line 'I dare not take a step' doesn't make sense to me with the fact that you went down a path? It might just be me being confused so if it does make sense then just ignore me. But other than that this is beautiful and can have so many meanings. Love it <3.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:22 am
James565611 says...

to everyone who have seen this poem and recognized it. im sorry i wrote it and did not make referenced to the main author of the poem. i read frost's poem and it inspired me a lot, so i decided to just write something to it. i have written so many poems. and i promise to post from now on only those i have written by myself.
once again im very sorry if my post have angered any of you.

niteowl, Justlittleoleme2

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19