untitled

by JC

Note: I am by no means a poet...nor do I write, or in some case understnd poetry. This is the only poem I've ever written, and I'm taking a big risk posting it here. This is kind-of story-like...but I like to call it a poem...so...yeah...*crosses fingers* don't tear me apart, please.

Nature swirls around you
as you walk up the dirt trail
worn by the treads of so many feet.

Life, uninterupted whirles by,
you feel it pass,
ignoring your cries for help.

You escalate, going up
and never stopping.
Afraid of the moment
you reach the top,
and have to go back down.

(True story, inspired by a friend of mine.)

something euclidean wrote a review...

I agree with Ed, it's definately a good place to start. If you end up interested in poetry [which can happen, unexpected, to the best of us :P] then write a lot, and read even more. Writing poetry can help out your prose, and vise versa.

Fri May 25, 2007 6:24 am
whence wrote a review...

Well, mountains better then my first attempt at poetry.

-reminices-
-shudders-

You need to work on showinf the significance of this trail. You could even make the entire poem a metaphor if you like. Also, work on making the reader feel emotion.

Go out and read poetry! See how good things are done and how you can do it too

Happyreading
~Ed

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins