Gangster's Girl

by FloralFlower

You were my gangster
And i was your little princess
We always listened to oldies on the radio
Those lonely nights, nothing to choose

You know, I love the silence
But silence without you is not a silence
Karma came around
Like I knew it would

Look, she's laughing
And you laugh like you have never been lonely
Pretty girls are spinning around you
But loneliness is our queen

Let's go to the miss America
'Cause Jeff Buckley is my second daddy
You said "We are not alone"
But you are a liar

I loved you thousand times and i still love you, honey
I thought you are too good for me, but I was wrong
You are a bad boy, aren't you?
And I love the way you talk with me

Look, she's laughing
Pretty girls are spinning around you
But loneliness is our queen

Look, she's laughing
Pretty girls are spinning around you

But loneliness is our queen

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 am
maroonamorous wrote a review...

Well hello there !

I love the title ! Gangster's girl, yeah sounds so cool <3

This is beautiful, I mean b-e-a-utiful!!
Your lyrics almost made me cry. This is certainly what a teenage girl feels when she is hurt.
"You are a bad boy, aren't you?", I adore this. It displays the common dialogue of a girl with her inner self when she dreads about the past, and she regrets her bad relationship.
"Loneliness is our queen". This is beautiful!!

You're so great ! I an definitely following you because I don't want to miss any other of your works.

Love
:) MarS

Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:16 pm
Ossum wrote a review...

Wassup wassup wassup, My name is Ossum and this is your review.

So, let me say one thing so I can get it off my chest, hehe. Nice guys. Read it again and remember it. NICE GUYS. You know the ones you aren't as good looking as the bad boys, or not as funny, just the kind of good-guy-dad-would-like kind of guy. Yeah, NICE GUYS.

Anyways, hehe, I liked the piece. It says a lot and leaves room for interpretation as well. What I mean by that is, you have captured the essence of what it means when a guy doesn't love when a woman does. We move on and you follow, and we think everything is just fine and you don't. And by interpretation I mean of course of what happens. We all know the multitude of stories and reasons that things end. And of course you are no exception. So I will thank you for the great read and I hope to see more of your work soon.

I will say from a Song writers perspective, which I take on when someone posts in Lyrical. That this piece flowed like a poem. Which is not a bad thing, but in my efforts to find a rhythm in it, I almost lost what you were trying to say. But that is an opinion from one song writer to the next. Not in fact a statement of truth. I only say that so when others read a lyrical piece, they want a natural rhythm to it. Because it helps to display the emotion the writer wants a reader to feel.

Again though, great piece and I hope to read more from you.
Later Gator!
- Ossum

FloralFlower says...

Thanks you so much for ur opinion. It means a lot to me! Soon I will share some other lyrics. Come and check it out!

Ossum says...

I shall ^_^

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight