Seasons of You

by EmoBear

Your love is like the rain of spring,

falling ever so lightly,

just to kiss the earth. 

Your love shines like the summer sun.

The heat on my face,

your touch tanning my skin. 

I fell for you,

like the leaves in autumn.

Your kisses, a gust, brings me to safety. 

Your love is like snowfall.

I hope for so much more all winter

and I receive a blizzard.  

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 am
DarshayataDeka wrote a review...

Hi! Thought I'd drop in for a quick review.

Your poem is so beautiful! I loved it! Feelings and emotions were expressed in a very nice manner.

This poem is well-written and punctuation marks are used wherever required. I did not notice any grammatical errors as such.

Now coming to the actual content of the poem. I think the title of the poem "Seasons of You" complements the poem as it shows the reader what the poem is about: Your Love. On seeing the title itself, we get the idea that the poem is going to be a romantic and realistic one. In fact, it was what made me read the poem. Moving on, the poem itself was as beautiful as its title. Truth and warm passion shone in every line. Comparing the different faces of love to various seasons was an original and special idea. The poetic quality of the poem remained consistent till the end, and I guess the last two lines were the best. "Blizzard" can have many metaphorical meanings in this poem, one being intense love and the other being more than what you bargained for (like, I wanted snowflakes and received a blizzard). In your case, I'm going to assume that its the former, because it has a positive vibe.

On the whole, it was an amazing poem. Keep up the good work!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:09 am
EmPanda15 wrote a review...

Good job EmoBear.
I loved the description and comparison of love and nature for they are very alike in many ways that you expressed in this poem. I also like how you described the "blizzard" in winter by building it up. You use the word "like" quite a few times, which is a popular comparing word but can easily be overused. You can use more descriptive words, other than "touch" or "shines." You also use the word fall ("fell, falling,") a couple times, and love even more. It's not bad to explore new more descriptive words because it can enrich the poem and create a more interesting atmosphere.
Overall I liked the poem and found it very relatable.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:53 am
Steggy wrote a review...

Hello, Dino here for a short review!

I like the main theme that is happening throughout this poem because it shows the certain love someone can have and how it can "last" through all seasons. In in the first stanza, you begin with a nice image and simile to show how much the love of someone can be compared to something natural. While I do like it, you could possibly put a comma after lightly but that is a suggestion and it isn't necessary. Also, maybe even changing the comma in the first line to a period.

The next stanza, following the summer, you have two different comparison going on here; the heat on the narrator's face and that of the lover's touch tanning her face. One thing I would suggest about the tanning line is it seems a bit weird, if you think about it. Maybe change to something like your touch melts me/like popsicle on a hot day or something similar to that.

Thirdly, with the autumn stanza, you have another good image (this whole poem seems to be good with images and such) and the first line starts off with a good simile like in the first stanza. However, I would be more clear on what gust you are referring to. Meaning add 'a gust of wind that brings me to safety'.

Finally, onto the winter stanza. The last line of this seems to be a bit contrast to the previous line. Basically, it seems to worded awkwardly. Perhaps you could say instead of and I receive a blizzard , you could say and the snowmen melted as spring came around. to give off that cycle of loving.

Overall, I really enjoyed this poem. It had a nice message through it and if you have any questions, let me know!

Dino

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 am
myjaspercat wrote a review...

Hey there EmoBear,
Myjaspercat here to leave you a reveiw

Your love is like the rain of spring,
falling ever so lightly
just to kiss the earth. I love this opening. The simile is quite beautiful.
Your love shines like the summer sun. I would suggest starting this line differently since you've already stared the first sentence the same way.
The heat on my face,
your touch tanning my skin. I like this line, however the previous one seems a bit off. I don't see how it connects and I'm not sure what you wanted with it but I would suggest working on the wording of it a little bit more.
I fell for you,
like the leaves in autumn. Again, another beautiful simile. I would suggest changing the period here to either a hyphen or a comma.
Your kisses, a gust, bring[s] me to safety.
Your love is like snowfall.
I hope for so much more all winter
and I receive a blizzard. I personally don't see the connection between the third to last lines and the last two. Maybe it's just me, but this image is just slightly confusing. Beautiful but confusing.

So, for the most part I liked this poem. However, remember that the idea is slightly cliché. While you do have some beautiful similes that feel and look quite original, they still had an air of I've read this before. Also, it's rather short. I would totally love to read something a little longer, maybe you could go into more depth. Other then that, I think we're good here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and continue writing.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown