z

Young Writers Society



water nymph

by Charm



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 109
Reviews: 37

Donate
Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:08 pm
View Likes
YellowSweater wrote a review...



This is lovely! So sensual and delicate! I know this is probably going to sound pretentious, and I really hope you are not offended, but to be perfectly honest I was worried that the poem was going to be cheesy and full of cliches, but it is not! It's subtle and sophisticated and makes me wriggle!

I absolutely adore how you address your last stanza to "my human" It's interesting and cheeky.
And "sweet skin" is such a great way for a non-human to characterize a human. It made me feel how humanity is flawed but warm. I don't know if that makes sense lol!

Anyway, again, lovely poem! - YellowSweater.




Charm says...


Thank you!



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 23

Donate
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:29 pm
View Likes
HJYoung wrote a review...



u la laaa

Noice! HJ here with a review!

Before reading: the name was interesting

After reading: woah

On with the review!
Hm short, but beautiful. I like your descriptive, vivid language and usage of short and simple, but easy to understand and rather well-written text. No major spelling or grammatical errors. Overall, 10/10, keep making more poems!




Charm says...


Thank you!



HJYoung says...


np




"Be happy, my friend; and if you obey me in this one request, remain satisfied that nothing on earth will have the power to interrupt my tranquility."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein