z

Young Writers Society



onion layers

by Charm



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 390
Reviews: 103

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:35 pm
View Likes
waywardxwanderer wrote a review...



This poem. Is so beautiful. I can't even select lines that I adored, which is what I normally do, because every single line works together with the others to create a single, absolutely beautiful image. Thank you for writing this. It really hit me deeply. The simple words you used, the complete and single metaphor, is so beautiful.

There is nothing in this poem that is extraneous--everything comes together to create such a beautiful image and story of healing, despite it just being about an onion. This poem is universal and stunning, it's easy to read and so poetic and lovely. I just can't say enough good things about it.

Overall, nothing to critique, absolutely nothing. This poem is perfect as it is, and I will definitely be coming back to read it over and over again. It is masterful, and evokes such deep and universal emotion. Thanks so much for writing this. I tried to put into words how beautiful it is and how much it came to mean to me after even one read, but I don't think I properly can.




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 2448
Reviews: 56

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:23 am
View Likes
akanbright wrote a review...



Its a good and nice one you've got here and just like the last reviewer said, I also like the comparison you tried creating by trying to extract and make a relationship between the onions and the healing mechanics.
I asked well like the figure of speech you put in here to make it appear interesting. You know why I detest most poet and their works, its not that they cannot write or properly construct their works but they make too much use of high sounding words and in this, imagery will be lacking, but in this, what attracted and made me want to give a sumptuous review, is the nice construction and simplicity of the poem which you have written for our review.
You know, we writers should not only write poem for our own compliments and benefit, but for the benefit of the reader.
Thanks once more.




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 5
Reviews: 21

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:23 pm
View Likes
RainbowCereal wrote a review...



I really like the comparison you made between onions and the healing process! When I opened this piece I wasn't sure that it would work, but the imagery and the feeling you've put behind it actually is really easy to see and feel, if that makes sense.
Overall, good job! I don't know what else to say other than that, because I did enjoy this a lot and the message of hope at the end, even if it is bittersweet. Keep up the good work!!




User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 557
Reviews: 8

Donate

User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:18 pm
View Likes
Lib says...



I'll think of this poem when it's my turn to chop the onions.

Very lovely poem by the way!! Especially the second and last stanza <3 <3




Charm says...


Thank you! <3



User avatar


Points: 126
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:51 pm
View Likes
avery014 says...



Hey Charm!
I really liked the imagery you used, it really brings out so much emotion and meaning in, well, onions. It's a new approach to normal things in life and it was a really beautiful poem. Looking forward to reading more!




User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 12
Reviews: 42

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:36 pm
EsmerayaRose wrote a review...



Hi, BrokenHeartsAri here for a short review!



I hope you are having a great day today...


I loved that the front is different that is what makes it stand out your differences stand out, and the world needs them. New ideas, perspectives, and actions are required if you want to positively impact the world! Progress will never be made if you're just like everyone else.

It helps increase your creative potential...



But overall I really enjoyed reading this poem. I liked that you used onions it was very different



I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!




"You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi


Keep up the great work-BrokenHeartsAri




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 109
Reviews: 37

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:27 pm
YellowSweater wrote a review...



Wow! This is wonderful. It cuts straight to the center of the onion. I really love how you mention all the different kinds of onions in the beginning. Firstly, it's great imagery. And secondly, it seems to allude to all sorts of flavors of grief. Poignant, visceral, and human. Excellent job! - YellowSweater




User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 15
Reviews: 70

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:58 pm
View Likes
BEASTtheHUN wrote a review...



I like this poem, and the font is different. The idea is quite good. It is frankly true, (I really like onions). I am not good with formatting poems, but it looks fine to me. Healing is a delicate process, and the fact that you highlighted that fact of life was very nice to read. The flow is very nice. Nice poem, until next time!





There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou