z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Flame

by Cage


Just like the flame flickering against the wind,

With every gush, it diminishing to death,

Yet coming back to life the next moment,

Everyone there assuming it would die soon,

Yet its flickering light would challenge,

the darkness of others causal opinion,

And it goes on to live the next moment to come,

That is something I would like to become.


-Cage


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
59 Reviews


Points: 25
Reviews: 59

Donate
Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:21 am
View Likes
TheCornDogEnthusiast wrote a review...



Hello!
This is a beautifully written poem with vivid imagery and a powerful message. The metaphor of a flame flickering in the wind is used to represent the resilience and perseverance of the human spirit, which is a common theme in poetry.

The use of repetition, particularly in the phrase "the next moment," adds to the sense of continuity and resilience that the poem conveys. The line "the darkness of others causal opinion" is also particularly striking, as it suggests that the speaker is not deterred by the negative opinions of others and is determined to keep going despite any obstacles.

Overall, this poem is a powerful reminder of the importance of resilience and determination in the face of adversity. The language is simple but effective, and the message is universal and timeless. Well done.

Approved by the Corn Dog Enthusiast Association (CDEA)




Cage says...


Thanks man!!
Happy to be approved by The Corn Dog Association!!



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 294
Reviews: 6

Donate
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:13 am
View Likes
tautik1234 wrote a review...



Hi! Here for a quick review.

The poem was short, but filled with a lot of meaning in it. It helps us draw inspiration from all those little things we oversee in life. Even the flame stands strong after several gushes of wind, then why can't you? In this world where people's attention span had fell down much, this surely has a lot to tell packed in a small poem.

Looking forward for more works like this!




Cage says...


Thank you so much!!



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 43
Reviews: 8

Donate
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:24 am
View Likes
MissSaigon says...



Hi, just here to leave a small review!

I like the way you spaced the poem, no verse is too long and none is too short, they are quite unified and pleasing to the eye as such.
Describing the natural givens and binding them to each other to create a cycle of happenings is quite a good choice to make, very enjoyable and gets the reader to think and engulf themselves in the metaphors. Like this, you created a harmonious, yet mysterious image in front of the reader’s eye.
The use of first point of view compliments the poem a lot which I personally like a lot.

Keep up the good work!




Cage says...


Thank you so much! This is actually the first time that I have made anything I have written public, and being praised for for something I have written for the first time means really a lot to me.%uD83D%uDE0A



MissSaigon says...


I fully understand that! Keep going and happy writing! You truly did amazing if you ask me %uD83D%uDE0D



MissSaigon says...


I fully understand that! Keep going and happy writing! You truly did amazing if you ask me %uD83D%uDE0D




We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain