You'll never read this.

by DragonGirl11

You’ll never read this,
So I can say
What I really think.

You’ll never read this,
But I think of you
As more than a friend.

You'll never read this.
I don't want you
In someone else's arms.

You’ll never read this,
So I can ask –
Do you love me?

You’ll never read this.
If you did,
Would you know I mean you?

You’ll never read this.
How do I know?
I’ll never show you.

speakerskat wrote a review...

Hey there, Speakerskat here to write a ...sort of....review

Wow this was beautiful and really tragic :'( I feel the exact same way about this kid I have a crush on...he can be a little annoying and a little mean sometimes but I really like him and your poem describes my feelings spot on...perfectly. I feel it's a very relatable poem and I hope many more people can read this... I do wish it was a little longer though ;)

Keep it up
~Kat

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 pm
KianaChapman wrote a review...

Awww. . . This is beautifully sad. I know the pain of loving someone, but knowing in your heart that you'll never be able to tell them. That's one of the main reasons I love this poem. This seems like a poem from a youth magazine of some sort. It's easy for young people to relate to.

pastimperfect wrote a review...

Hello there!

As everyone has stated so far, marvelous title! I immediately took your title as a challenge; which is great. You invited me in, captured my attention, and made my heart start dragging its beats as I remembered too how it feels for someone you love not to know.

There is nothing negative to say! Just keep writing and you'll get even better.

Cheers,

pastimperfect.

speakerskat says...

haha I was like "Oh yes I will read this!" Then I read it and got the title, very good!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:06 am
alexiswrites wrote a review...

Well, I just want to start off by saying that the title is brilliant. As soon as I saw it, I was immediately intrigued. For the entire poem itself, I really liked the rhythm you created, as well as your extremely relatable topic. I especially love the last two stanzas! They are heart breaking, but at the same time simply wonderful.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:05 am
MrTalljoker wrote a review...

Hello there DragonGirl11,

As others have stated your choice of a tittle was a genius move, something to grab the reader in, it’s one of the better uses of reverse psychology on the reader I’ve seen. I do like your poem, it’s a simple premise, but it’s done well, the strong feelings of lousing someone you love and the want to get them back is being stopped by an even more stronger feeling of nervousness and unwilling to do that. As I stated simple, but you did it very effective, so for this work I give it a.
**** Four out of four stars.

spanaki93 says...

I want to make this a song...can I?please....

DragonGirl11 says...

Sure! As long as you let me know what it's like afterwards. A video would be great, or sheet music if you do things that way haha xD

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 am
NoirLumiere wrote a review...

Wow. This is an interesting choice. I really like how you started. "You'll never read this" was an awesome hook.

That's how my "Work" went. You know they'll never read it, so you can say whatever you want. It's amazing and heartbreaking all at once.

Please write more, and i'll read them.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 am
AngieCandy wrote a review...

I feel the same way(: I really liked this:) Sweet and to the point. I liked the repetition of, "You'll never read this" and I especially enjoyed the last stanza how you wrote,"You'll never read this. How do I know? I'll never show you." It was a very nice way to seal it off. Just like Crimsona said, I would maybe change that to

You’ll never read this.
If you did,
Would you know it's about you?

OR

You’ll never read this.
If you did,
Would you guess it that it's you?

That is what I think might flow better but this is of course your piece of writing and I hate telling people how to write because I know that just like me, when I write a poem or any piece of writing, it is from my heart and I picked the particular word or phrasing because that is how I felt and how I wanted to convey my message. Very nice.

Crimsona wrote a review...

I really liked this poem actually. I'm not usually a fan of simplistic poetry but I think it really worked. The only stanza I didn't think really worked was this one:

You’ll never read this.
If you did,
Would you know I mean you?

Would you know I mean you? It just seems a little bit awkward compared to the rest and seems to cut the flow a little bit. Apart from that I couldn't really fault it, great job!

kasimkaey wrote a review...

I don't know much about poetry. I'm just going to say that before I say anything else so that you know this review is pretty much pointless.

I liked it.

It's simple, straight to the point, and yet not that straight to the point. It was good. That much can be said about it.

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop