12+

It is you.

by KaavyaK

My sequel to the poem 'Can it be you?'

Everybody thinks of me as a person who is always happy,

A person who has no sorrows and a person who never gets unhappy.

But you can always read me like an open book,

And tell if I am feeling forlorn or content.

You are my comfort zone and I know I can rely on you,

I know that I can put my head on your shoulder and cry.

You are that person who knows all about my agony,

And you do your best to make me feel deserving and happy.

I now know that you are my true friend,

Who felt every moment with me rather it be gloomy or rather it be full of glee.

Now that I have gone through the tough phases of my life,

Where there were only thorns everywhere and no flowers in sight,

But it was you who held my hand tight and did not leave me behind.

I have now finally realized that,

It is you, It is you who is destined for me.

Moonlily wrote a review...

Hello hello I hope you dont mind me popping in with a review. Forgive me if I miss some of the context as I haven't yet read the first poem. Overall I really enjoy the theme as well as the imagery of thorns and flowers it helps to naill the feelings home. On a semi-related note, I deeply relate to this as it reminds me of my partner we have been through a lot together when others haven't been there but that's unrelated just wanted to share.

As for actual feedback, I don't have much I only have one line I would change. Even then it isn't necessary and just something to help aid the rhyme.

"And tell if I am feeling forlorn or content." I would change this ever so slightly to rhyme it with book. " And tell if I am feeling forlorn or content, with a look."

No matter what happens or what other says keep writing and remember to drink water!

KaavyaK says...

Thank you. I am still learning how to write poems, so I might do a lot of mistakes please ignore them.

Peradion wrote a review...

Hello, Kaavyak! I'm going to start by saying that I think this is a very strong piece of poetry. The format and structure is very solid, and the language used indicates a profound sense of love for the subject. I feel that this poem evokes a sense of intimacy that transcends labels like romantic or platonic; it just feels very human and heartfelt, which is a very valuable quality to have with regards to poetry.

That being said, I feel that the rhythm of this poem could potentially use some work; while the message is very good, and while your style is more straightforward than it is flowery, it may benefit you to try to find shorter ways to say what you're trying to say. I'll give an example using the first line;

'Everybody thinks of me as a person who is always happy,' is a good line, but it feels a tiny bit too long and a little clunky. Perhaps, depending on the tone you're intending on portraying with this line, you could shorten it to something along the lines of; 'I wear a mask of happiness,' or something or other. The only reason I suggest this is to help improve your rhythm.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this piece. Well done!

KaavyaK says...

Thank you for reviewing my work and I will keep this rhyme scheme thing in mind next time.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.