z

Young Writers Society


12+ Mature Content

The Pain Will End

by KFdreams02



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 72
Reviews: 25

Donate
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:38 pm
Murphy2493 wrote a review...



Hello! Murphy here for a review.

I like this piece a lot. I like that as the colors go deeper the painting gets darker. I like that there is a spotlight on the scarred angel. Your wings have a great start to them. I like that your person is naked in a innocent way which gives the painting a venerable feeling. Like being on stage with all of your darkest secrets plastered everywhere. The scars on her arms also give a dark feeling to it.

On to critiques. Let me start with the background. As much as i like the softness of it, I feel like it needs to be dark on the outside and go lighter as it goes in. Putting a spot light in the corner with some shadows would make it more real. The wings need work. Wings are so hard to do but once you've mastered it, they make the painting. the person is well done. maybe making her a little bit bigger so you can put some more detail in there. I can't do feet to save my life, so i tip my hat to you on that.

That's all I got.




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 490
Reviews: 14

Donate
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 am
noelani2004 says...



I don't understand what the scar is in the back but I really like this piece of art. It has a negative energy that kinda scarys me but in the same way in suprises me and I like it.




KFdreams02 says...


The scar's supposed to be wings, but they aren't as good I wish they would've been. I'm thinking of redoing them. Thank you though. I'm happy that you like it. :)



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 529
Reviews: 54

Donate
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:17 am
postmalone says...



...you don't know how much I needed this right now




User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 748
Reviews: 15

Donate
Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 pm
Aaraju wrote a review...



Hi KFdreams02!!!
It is so beautifully when pain is tried to be described, with no words or actions but just a painting or drawing. So, it is basically an angel who has been hurt with wounded body and wounded wings. To quote Ed Sheeran,"It's too cold outside, for angels to fly."
I think the background should have a dark kind of colors that would mean the world has been a dark place for her. But then the place she's sitting is still white and bright, which is good.
The scars on her hand might have a hint of black with red.
Over all, this is an amazing work of art.
Thank you so much for sharing this to us.




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 300
Reviews: 37

Donate
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:55 pm
demoncat says...



That is such an amazing work of art. I love how much feeling you put into it giving it joyful vibes yet a hint of depression. But it makes me happy just looking at it. I wish I could draw half as good as the people on this site.
-demoncat




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 300
Reviews: 37

Donate
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:55 pm
View Likes
demoncat says...



That is such an amazing work of art. I love how much feeling you put into it giving it joyful vibes yet a hint of depression. But it makes me happy just looking at it. I wish I could draw half as good as the people on this site.
-demoncat




KFdreams02 says...


Thank you so much!



User avatar
73 Reviews


Points: 4757
Reviews: 73

Donate
Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:26 am
View Likes
NightKaizer wrote a review...



HEELLO KF Dreams,
A drawing of an angel with bloody wings. Or, at least, I think she's either an angel or a devil. Considering the title is "the pain will end" I'm guessing angel in pain?
Beautiful drawing. The background's color scheming is really nice. Your sense of color is a lot better than mine, I can tell you that. The bloody wings is also very nice. That shade of red actually looked like blood for a second. I'm guessing this was done digitally?
I realize that the wings are like those of a butterfly. Is she a fairy then? Also, are the marks on her arm scars or tattoos? I'm gonna go with scars due to the title but it's hard to tell. Either way, how long did it take for you to do this?

I'm sure the pain will end,

Night Kaizer




KFdreams02 says...


Yes, this was done digitally. They are scars on her arms from self harm. It took me a little over an hour to do it.



User avatar
63 Reviews


Points: 723
Reviews: 63

Donate
Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm
amelie wrote a review...



i'm with @Pumpkinhead for the most part here. it could be different for others though, but you make self-harm sound exciting, and that's really not what people should be reading about.
you replied to pumpkin saying that your boyfriend had cut himself in the past, and i think that signifies a bit of ignorance to the situation. because though you were there, you had second-hand experience. which is way way way way way different than first-hand experience- i just wanted you to understand that.
i think /your/ main focus was the painting though, and i think it's very well done! i am curious though about the big boot-ish shape drawn with blood in the back. i'm not entirely sure what it's intended to be, perhaps it's the wings you mentioned? it just doesn't look as such, i guess.
but as for the little note along with the drawing, it really isn't as powerful as i think you intended. and this is a personal comment, but the last thing someone who is struggling like this wants to hear is a cheesy note written by someone who isn't entirely understanding on the situation.
-ameli.




KFdreams02 says...


Thank you for being more kind with your words. I will point out in my comment that I put "WE" regret doing it, as I've cut myself as well, though it didn't go on as long. And yes, those are wings. It was rather difficult to make them look like wings and cuts, so this is what I ended up with. Thank you for your time.



amelie says...


sure :) but i'm really sorry you had to go through this as well, i'm so so glad you're okay now. one thing real quick though that i forgot to mention before: i'm a bit curious about why you chose those colors? it seems super bright and happy, which isn't entirely fitting, but it's no big deal. thank you:)



KFdreams02 says...


I've always loved the sky. No matter how bad of a day it has been, it always makes me smile. I chose those colors to represent the sunset and sunrise. It's what I've used many times to look past the pain, and it reminds me that no matter how hard something is, there's beauty at the end of it. The sky puts my mind at peace, and I hope it will do this for others as well.



User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 2348
Reviews: 94

Donate
Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:18 am
Satira wrote a review...



Quite honestly, i find this to be a really unhealthy way to look at self-harm. This isn't something to romanticize. No, I'm not saying it's something to punish. but it shouldn't be idealized like this.
I mean, how "far" could scars get you? from experience, i can tell you that they only make the people you love hurt. That is the only thing they do, in the end. And then those scars will be there forever to remind you of the people you hurt when you hurt yourself. Massive guilt-fest for you, which I presume you don't really need, unless you're in short supply of crippling self-loathing..
As for the drawing, I like your color scheme and pose, but don't be shy to add another leg/arm/wing where they are due. She looks a little one-dimensional. I also would consider changing her hair to a different color, since the scars and wings are red and are presumably made of blood, so by making the hair red it's visually implied that the hair is made of blood. By all means, keep with the color scheme in considering hair color though.
Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but I hope you think about it.




KFdreams02 says...


My boyfriend was a cutter. Three years he did it. He has tons of scars on his upper left shoulder, all of them a different story, all of them a different pain. He was hurting, I was the first person who took notice to him and showed him that he meant something. Because of his story, and some personal experience of my own as well, I can say this... We both regret doing it, but it shows a time when we were broken and hurting tremendously. And now, they represent how we overcame it. I'm not trying to romanticize self harm, and I never will. I understand that it hurts people. But if people are constantly told that all those scars represent are the mistakes they made and the pain they caused, who's to say they'll ever heal. If you have scars from self harm, you shouldn't be forced to look at them like they're the one thing in your life that makes you a screw up. They should be looked at as the pain that you've overcome, and the pain that you will try your damnedest to NOT turn back to. I'm sorry if I sound at all rude, but I had to voice my opinion. As for the review about the artwork, thank you, I'll keep that in mind and hopefully get around to editing it soon.



User avatar
126 Reviews


Points: 344
Reviews: 126

Donate
Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 am
View Likes
Aleta says...



Very nice. I like the illustration as it kind of already makes me think of what the text will be about.





Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley