z

Young Writers Society


12+

Worlds Collide (Part 2)

by Mea


Part One is here.

A knock on the door jolted Hermione awake. Her head felt like it had been stuffed full of cotton. Groaning, she glanced at the clock by the bed. She had slept until two in the afternoon. And she had been hoping to get an early start.

“Come in,” she called. It was probably the cleaning staff.

The door handle shook, but it was locked – Hermione had forgotten about that.

“Just a minute.” She threw off the covers and hurried to the door. Her hand had just closed over the handle when she realized that the hotel staff would have a key card. So who was it? She hadn't contacted anybody yet. Nobody should know she was here.

Wary now, she peered through the peephole. A man and woman, both dressed in sharp business suits, stood outside. The man was carrying a large briefcase, and they both seemed to be in their mid-forties. They looked harmless enough, but what were they doing here? 

Well, if it’s the Ministry, they’ve certainly got better dress sense than most wizards I know, she thought. She opened the door.

“What can I do for you?” she asked pleasantly. “Please excuse my appearance – I got in on a train from Cardiff early this morning, and I’ve only just woken up.”

“I’m sorry for disturbing you, ma’am," the man said,  "but we need to ask you a few questions.”

“About what?” Hermione said, gripping the door handle tightly, ready to slam it closed. “I’m really very tired, and have got my own business to be getting on about. And what authority do you have to question me?”

“We’re from the Ministry of Magic,” the woman said. “My name is Amel and this is Garen. We’re in charge of a research team. You are Mrs. Hermione Weasley, correct? From the parallel universe?”

“Y-yes,” said Hermione startled. “But how-?”

“-did we know you were here?” Amel cut in shrewdly. “We have been keeping tabs on the crack, of course. We have a number of spells in place to alert us if anyone comes through. As you did.”

Hermione appraised them suspiciously. "How do I know you're actually from the Ministry?"

"Here." Amel fumbled in her pocket and pulled out a Ministry ID. Its layout was similar to Hermione's, but she didn't recognize any of the signatures. It did seem very official.

"We mean you no harm," Garen said. "We just want to talk."

“Well, all right,” said Hermione, though she was still a bit suspicious. She opened the door wider to let them through. "Come in."

“On the contrary,” Garen said, “how about we retire to the little café downstairs? I know you haven’t had any breakfast yet, and it will be easier to talk there.”

After Hermione ran a quick brush through her ever-curly hair and changed her clothes, she came back outside, and Garen and Amel escorted her to the café. It wasn’t much to look at. A handful of battered tables and chairs were scattered about, with a TV in the corner and bad country music playing over the speakers. The food was served from a small bar in the corner. It was mostly empty, as two in the afternoon was not a typical meal time, but there were enough people about, bustling in and out of the hotel, that Hermione and the two Ministry workers wouldn’t be conspicuous. 

They ordered coffee and scones and carried them to a small table. Once they had sat down, they began.

“So, how do you know who I am?” Hermione asked. “You couldn’t have gotten that just from your spells.”

“Let’s just say we have been more – profitable – at gaining information from the crack than you have.” Garen said, fiddling with his untouched mug. “The spells you lot cast on your side were quite revealing. Among other things.”

It wasn’t really an answer, but Hermione let it slide. There were more important things to discuss.

“That doesn’t matter, though. The reason the Ministry – my Ministry – sent me here is because the crack is causing problems on our side. Energy surges have been coming through randomly, and every time that happens, the crack gets bigger. And if you’re near it” – Hermione swallowed at the memory – “well, we’ve already lost a couple of our researchers. We’d figured out that your world was on the other side, and we were pretty sure it was livable. I came here to find our missing people and figure out what is causing the crack.”

“I see,” said Garen. He exchanged a quick glance with Amel. “Unfortunately, we have no knowledge of anyone coming through the crack other than you.”

“Are you sure?” Hermione asked. “If they didn’t come here, what could have happened to them?” She thought she already knew the answer, and Amel’s next words confirmed it.

“Based on our observations, it seems likely that random surges would pull them into the void between worlds, but would not be able to push them into this universe. I’m afraid your friends are lost.”

The news was delivered gently, but it hit Hermione like a physical blow. She’d worked with them for months, and now they were gone. Liza's jokes, which had always lightened the mood. Henry's comforting resilience. Both gone. And Sylvia. She and Sylvia hadn't always seen eye-to-eye, but Hermione had always admired the older witch's strength. She fought back the tears. Before, at least, there’d been hope.

But there was no time to grieve. She swallowed and said “I can still prevent more lost lives. Please tell me – do you know how to stop these surges? They have been growing stronger lately, and they’ve started pulling larger and larger things in. And the crack just keeps getting bigger. We’re worried that it could eventually consume the entire world.”

“We are very sorry, but we don’t know how to stop the surges. They have not been happening on our side. Of course, we would be willing to begin looking into it,” said Garen.

“Would you, please?” Hermione asked. “You clearly understand this crack better than we do. Maybe if we work together we can find a solution.”

“We will talk to the Minister right away,” Amel assured her.

Just then, a buzzing sound emanated from Garen’s wristwatch.

“Excuse me,” he said. “I’ve got to take this. Ministry business.” He got up and went to the other side of the room, out of earshot.

Seeing Hermione’s puzzled look, Amel said “It’s just a communicator – don’t you have those on your world?”

“Well, yes,” said Hermione, “but they don’t look like watches. And besides, only Muggles use them usually – complicated electronics go haywire if they’re around magic too long.”

“Oh – these are magic,” Amel clarified quickly. “We just put a charm on a normal watch.”

Hermione made a mental note to ask her how that was done. A watch that doubled as a cell phone would be a great tool for her Ministry. She took advantage of the lull in the conversation to finish her scone, watching as a dark-haired, middle-aged man wearing a leather jacket and a young, blond girl walked in. They went up to the check-in desk, and the man started talking to the clerk. After a minute, he turned away and scanned the room. His face lit up at the sight of the café, and he and the blond girl came over to get some food.

By the time Garen came back from his call, the man and the girl were seated only a few tables away with their food. A thought occurred to Hermione.

“Shouldn’t we be worrying about Muggles hearing us?” she asked Garen as he sat down. “We should at least have cast the Muffliato Charm before starting.”

“No, no, it’s not necessary,” he said. “You’d be surprised how much people don’t hear if they don’t want to.”

Hermione supposed that was true. Still, this Ministry was awfully lax about security. She’d expected to be discussing this in the Minister’s private office, not in a café in the middle of Muggle London. She would have thought they’d be a little more careful, what with all the effort they took to looking and acting like Muggle businessmen.

"We might as well," she said. "Better safe than sorry."

"Well, all right then," Amel said. "Go ahead."

Hermione thought it was odd that they were having her do it, but she performed the charm without protest.

“Now, back to the topic at hand,” Garen said. “How did you manage to come here? I thought you said your people didn’t know very much about the rift.”

“Well, we focused our research on the areas that would prove most useful. We wanted to know what was on the other side, especially after our people were sucked in, so we concentrated on developing spells and research equipment for that. As soon as we established that this world was livable, we started trying to find a way to come here and find them.”

“I see. And how exactly does it work? Is it a spell?”

“Well, sort of, yes,” Hermione said, “but it’s a rather complex set of spells. I’d be happy to explain it to you, but it requires quite a lot of technical knowledge. It’d be better if I could explain it to your scientists. Why don’t we just go to the Ministry, talk to the Minister, and work out what to do from there? I don’t have to go back right away, and I’d rather not until we find our people and know more about what causing the surges.”

Amel glanced at Garen, who nodded in reply.

“Yes, yes, that would be a good idea,” she said. “Let’s go now.”

“Oh, well,” Hermione said, taken aback at the abrupt turn of events. “I need to get my things first.”

“We’ll have someone pick them up for you,” Garen assured her, picking up the remnants of their food and tossing them in a nearby bin. “Come on.”

Still bewildered, Hermione followed them.

They stepped outside into a warm, clear morning, Amel ahead of Hermione, with Garen bringing up the rear. Around them, London teemed with noise and life, the streets filled with cars and taxis, the sidewalks filled with people.

“Did you lot bring a car, or did you come by taxi?” Hermione asked Amel.

“It doesn’t matter,” Garen said behind her. To Hermione’s astonishment, she felt something cold and metal press into her back.

“Yes, that is a gun,” Amel said quietly. “Walk quickly, act natural, and don’t scream. Do you need further persuasion?”

“You wouldn’t shoot,” Hermione managed. “Not here, not where everyone could see.”

“You want to bet?” the woman said coldly.

Hermione swallowed and started walking.

Part 3 is here.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
346 Reviews


Points: 37216
Reviews: 346

Donate
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 am
Pretzelstick wrote a review...



Heya Meandbooks let's get straight into the review,shall we??

First Impressions
I am pretty sure that you didn't convey the actual feeling that you have wanted to convey about Hermione at the beginning of this part. You want to make her look suspicious and cautious, and you do do that judging by the lines in your dialogue. The problem is that her actions show otherwise; she is ready to accept them into her hotel room and opens her door wide. I can't understand why she would do this, or go along with them, especially since her gut feeling tells her otherwise.

Also, jumping to that last bit, I have to say that it was predictable, because I felt like I knew what was coming. Something was off this whole part, so it comes off as no surprise that they put the gun to her back. If you wanted to make it more of a surprise, I would suggest that you change it so that this whole deal wouldn't look so suspicious, but that Hermione just trusted them up front. Even if that would seem a bit naive, at least this part would have been "more" of a surprise in my opinion at least.

General Things

So first off, I was pretty dissapointed that Hermione wasn't moving forward in fulfilling her purpose to actually find her lost team-members who had gone through the crack at some point in time. The thing is, that even though she asked the supposed Ministry workers about this, it was a small part of the conversation. She didn't make a big deal out of it, instead she talked about the research of the crack and worrying about other magical beings overhearing them. The central idea, if you stick with your plot idea, should be: "how do we save/find/get to these lost team-members?

Next thing, is that you really put a lot of emphasis on the setting. And although the setting is important, I feel like there are much more important things that you could concentrate your writing efforts/abilities on. Instead of saying the food items that they ordered, why couldn't you be a little bit more specific and actually describe the Ministry people? That's is just a suggestion that I felt like it was appropriate to make here.

Nitpicks:

Her head felt like it had been stuffed full of cotton.


I honestly never thought that this is a correct analogy. For one simple reason: cotton is the material of our clothes, so it means that it feels soft. From the context, a soft feeling of the head honestly doesn't make sense to me at all. Today, I told my friends that I felt "foggy-brained" and that might be a better substitute to put into place here.

She had slept until two in the afternoon. And she had been hoping to get an early start.


But she's not one of those normal teenagers that are allowed to even sleep that long. She had a life-important mission to accomplish today, and even though she had to sleep to regenerate. I actually agree with herself, she slept way too long, and I think that you need to display her frustration at herself for wasting precious time, y'know? Make her feel guilty and angry at herself for not waking up sooner.

Its layout was similar to Hermione's, but she didn't recognize any of the signatures.


This should be like a red signal alert for her. If she didn't recognize any of the signatures, then something must be up. This was the wake-up creepy call for me, because they must have had a fake ID card. Doesn't a group of people sign all of the Ministry of Magic people? The same people every time? If the signatures don't align with the officials that they are supposed to, then you must know that something is up.

It wasn’t really an answer, but Hermione let it slide.


For me personally at least, this shows that Hermione isn't that strong of a conversation person, because she asked a very important question to them, and then, when she indeed didn't receive an answer, she just kinda let it slide off the table with no further prying/questioning.

But there was no time to grieve.


Honestly, that's a very cliche line, and no matter how much you tell yourself that this isn't the time to grieve. There is a small part of you inside that will always be grieving for those possibly lost people, just like a candle that never completely burns out.

Hermione swallowed and started walking.


I feel like this line could have been maybe saved for the next part, just because it's something that I would consider as a pretty boring line, do you know what I mean? Even though she's in a tight and scary situation, there's nothing really unusual about her swallowing and walking to me or the other observers around her and such.

Helpful Links:
Here is an article about Keep Things Unpredictable:The Do's. It just outlines 6 points that are going to help you fix that predictable problem that I was talking about.

That's all I have for you today. I hope that you found this review helpful and informative and if you have any comments/questions, please feel free to reply down below.

~Pretzel




Mea says...


Thank you for the review. I'll look into some of your points.

About the signatures thing, keep in mind that she is in an entirely different dimension and is already surprised that so much of it is the same. I think it would seem more suspicious if they had the same signatures on there as in her dimension. Hermione just thinks it's logical that there wouldn't necessarily be the same people in power in this dimension.

And about sleeping in, she was literally up until 4 in the morning. She is disappointed that she slept that long, but she needed that sleep, so she's not too concerned about it.



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:53 am
View Likes
Carlito wrote a review...



Hey! I forgot there was more of this until YWS suggested I review it :p Whoo! Back to Harry Potter fanfic alternate universe fun! :)

I'll start with nitpicks and general thoughts as I read through!

“Come in,” she called. It was probably the cleaning staff.

She sure is trusting when she's in a world she's at least somewhat unfamiliar with while conducting a secret mission. I feel like Hermione would be more suspicious.

The door handle shook, but it was locked – Hermione had forgotten about that.

“Just a minute.” She threw off the covers and hurried to the door. Her hand had just closed over the handle when she realized that the hotel staff would have a key card. So who was it?

If she's staying in a hotel, aren't hotel doors always locked? I get that you're trying to add some suspense here, but I find it improbable that super smart Hermione would just forget that hotel doors are always locked and it may not be Ron or some friendly person at the door. I mean, I suppose she just woke up so she might be using all of her brain power yet, but still :)

Well, if it’s the Ministry, they’ve certainly got better dress sense than most wizards I know, she thought. She opened the door.

This has danger written all over it for me. I'm really surprised Hermione is so "oh this is no big thing - probably the ministry" about this. Maybe it's because I've been reading Harry Potter 7 again when she, Ron, and Harry are skeptical of everything because they have to be to not die. I don't know, maybe she's forgotten all of the survival skills of her youth. I'm just surprised she's being so trusting.

“I think you had better come in,” said Hermione, opening the door wider to let them through.

Without proving they're from the ministry? What if they're imposters? Has she seen a picture of them before? Is there something about them that makes her sure this is legit? I would like more of her inner dialogue and thoughts here.

“On the contrary,” Garen said, “how about we retire to the little café downstairs? I know you haven’t had any breakfast yet, and it will be easier to talk there.”

Danger signs are still going off for me.
So if they're really from the ministry and they want to talk about something top secret, they're choosing to do that in a cafe where anyone can overhear and anyone could see them together? I can see why they wouldn't want to discuss anything in her hotel room because there's no way to know how safe it is. But what about their office at the ministry or some private, secluded space? Sure, they're wizards and can cast spells so people don't see or hear them, but a cafe just seems like a weird place to meet for this type of conversation. I don't trust these guys. I sense a trap.

with a TV in the corner and bad country music playing over the speakers.

Is this like the regular world where they're technically in muggle territory but wizards are around? I only say that because if this is purely wizard territory and the cafe is owned by wizards, why would they be listening to country music?

there were enough people about, bustling in and out of the hotel, that Hermione and the two Ministry workers wouldn’t be conspicuous. Once they were seated around with coffee and scones, they began.

I suppose it's like what Harry learned in book 5 - that talking in the Three Broomsticks about a secret defense group would have been a better idea than talking about it in the Hog's Head. But, these guys work for the ministry. I feel like there needs to be a better reason than Hermione is probably hungry for them to pick somewhere out in the open to talk about this important thing. They could have taken her back to the ministry and gotten her food there as they talked in a private office. Unless there's a reason the ministry isn't supposed to know about this... If that's the case make Hermione more skeptical back in the hotel room so they can explain why they have to meet somewhere outside of the ministry.

“Let’s just say we have been more – profitable – at gaining information from the crack than you have.” Garen said, fiddling with his untouched mug. “The spells you lot cast on your side were quite revealing. Among other things.”

Creepy? Still getting a bad vibe from these guys....

It wasn’t really an answer, but Hermione let it slide.

It was technically an answer, but not the answer she was hoping or looking for. I would specify that a little more. (That's really nitpicky - a wording thing really).

“That doesn’t matter, though. The reason the Ministry – my Ministry – sent me here is because the crack is causing problems on our side. Energy surges have been coming through randomly, and every time that happens, the crack gets bigger. And if you’re near it” – Hermione swallowed at the memory – “well, we’ve already lost a couple of our researchers. We’d figured out that your world was on the other side, and we were pretty sure it was livable. I came here to find our missing people and figure out what is causing the crack.”

Yeeeees. Wonderful! Now I understand. Thanks for not making this uber info-dumpy :)

The news was delivered gently, but it hit Hermione like a physical blow. [u]She’d known those people, if not well.[/i] They had been her coworkers. It had been a while since she’d felt death’s sting, and it was just as sharp as she’d remembered. Before, at least, there’d been hope.

He didn't say they were dead, did he? Just lost between two universes? Is that a for sure death sentence or is there a glimmer of hope of rescue?
I want more about her feelings. I want to feel the grief she's feeling. What does she look like? What does she do? Think of the senses and what it feels like to deeply grieve and give me more. (If you want examples - Miss Rowling has been known to emotionally gut people with death on occasion... :p)
The underlined part is phrased weirdly to me. Try reading it out loud and see what you think.

“We are very sorry, but we don’t know how to stop the surges. They have not been happening on our side. Of course, we would be willing to begin looking into it,” said Garen.

Were they unaware of the surges before Hermione showed up? That seems like a glitch in their knowledge if they really do know lots about this crack.

Hermione took advantage of the lull in the conversation to finish her scone.

I wasn't aware she had a scone in the first place.

She watched as a dark-haired, middle-aged man wearing a leather jacket and a young, blond girl walked in. They went up to the check-in desk, and the man started talking to the clerk. After a minute, he turned away and scanned the room. His face lit up at the sight of the café, and he and the blond girl came over to get some food.

I'm confused about the setting here. They walked in, but then they were excited to see the cafe?

"Shouldn’t we be worrying about Muggles hearing us?” she asked Garen as he sat down. “We should at least have cast the Muffliato Charm before starting.”

This is just now occurring to her? Not before they started this conversation? Granted, people weren't around then, but they could have been at any moment. She doesn't seem to be taking a lot of precautions or being very careful here, which still surprises me because this isn't her world and she doesn't know what danger she's facing.

Hermione supposed that was true.

I want more of her reaction to their different magic here. First the watch/phones and now this. Is she surprised? Confused? Does she wish her own ministry had that capabilities? Is she trying to figure out how it works?

Still, this Ministry was awfully lax about security.

She kind of is too...

She’d expected to be discussing this in the Minister’s private office, not in a café in the middle of Muggle London. She would have thought they’d be a little more careful, what with all the effort they took to looking and acting like Muggle businessmen.

It's like I predicted the future :P
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this situation is weird, but I'm still surprised it took her this long to get there.

Amel glanced at Garen, who nodded in reply.

“Yes, yes, that would be a good idea,” she said. “Let’s go now.”

“Oh, well,” Hermione said, taken aback at the abrupt turn of events. “I need to get my things first.”

“We’ll have someone pick them up for you,” Garen assured her, picking up the remnants of their food and tossing them in a nearby bin. “Come on.”

Still getting a super creepy vibe from them! I don't want her to go with them. This feels like a trap.

“Did you lot bring a car, or did you come by taxi?” Hermione asked Amel.

Are you British, or did you just pay attention to how she talks in the books? I love that you said "you lot" because that's what they say :)

“You want to bet?” the woman said coldly.

I forgot the genders completely. I think it's the weird names, I forgot they weren't both men. Maybe remind us of the genders more throughout?

MY CREEPY VIBE WAS RIGHT!


I'm still really into this story! I think it's a really creative fanfiction and I'm totally invested to see what's going to happen next. Is the third part the last part? I'm having a hard time seeing how this is going to be wrapped up nicely with a bow in only one more part, but hey - I'm not the author :)

The one thing that persistently bugged me throughout with this (and I mentioned this above) was that Hermione seemed out of character a lot. Hermione is smart and logical and she's a planner, and that's not what she was like in this part at all. She didn't question anything or challenge anything, she just went with it...

Overall, I thought the writing was good and clean. I think I mentioned this in the previous part - you can still describe more. I won't go into detail, but if I'm wrong and didn't mention that in the first part, let me know and I'll elaborate :)

Looking forward to reading the next part! Let me know if you have any questions or if anything I said was confusing!




Mea says...


Thanks for the awesome review! I'm glad you got a creepy vibe from them - that's what I was hoping for. I will make Hermione be a bit more suspicious, brcause she is too trusting.

No, I'm not British. XD I read/watch a lot of British stuff, though, and I wanted to make this feel British.

Part 3 actually is out! I forgot to put a link to it at the bottom. Here it is: Worlds Collide (Part 2)



Mea says...


Ugh, sorry, wrong link.

Worlds Collide (Part 3)



Carlito says...


Whoo! I'll look at that tomorrow :)



User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 3000
Reviews: 46

Donate
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:46 am
View Likes
willachilles wrote a review...



Okay, time to review this epic part :)

Hey, Will here.

This part tho! Much wow. Such progression. Everything happens so fast! Or maybe that's just my mind because I LOVE THIS SERIES! I probably haven't bookwormed like this in a long time. Oh, and my music has suddenly decided to accompany this moment - Feel so Close by Calvin Harris ;)

So, the great things about this part? As I said earlier, progression. You have written this part in such flow, that everything moves. Character development happens, story progression happens, and it still stays interesting! I shall note more great things about this part as I go on.

So, let's start, shall we?

A knock on the door jolted Hermione awake. Groaning, she glanced at the clock by the bed. She had slept until two in the afternoon. And she had been hoping to get an early start.


And, we get delivered a great beginning. Right into the action. Perfecto Mundo.

“Just a minute.” She threw off the covers and hurried to the door. Her hand had just closed over the handle when she realized that the hotel staff would have a key card. So who was it?


I like, I like. I think you should add a little more description because she just woke up, and she had to run to the door. Tiring, right?

“Just a minute.” She threw off the covers and stepped onto the carpet below her feet. It felt so soft, and comforting. As she went to stand up, she stopped to stretch. She drew out her arms and extended her legs. Oh, that was the best feeling ever.

She walked over to the door. Her hand had just closed over the handle when she realized that the hotel staff would have a key card. So who was it?


I only added a few lines - you don't have to include them, but golly, stretching in the morning feels good!

“The spells you lot cast on your side were quite revealing. Among other things.”


How did Garen know what spells they casted on the other side of the parallel universe? There's a whole void in between the two universes, and Hermione barely got through. Also, if that dude keeps on saying 'you lot,' I'm going to come into the story and punch him.

It wasn’t really an answer, but Hermione let it slide. There were more important things to discuss.


Nooooo! Hermione, what are you doing? That guy knows what's happening on your side of the universe! Question it, Hermione! Question it!

"...We’d figured out that your world was on the other side, and we were pretty sure it was livable. I came here to find our missing people and figure out what is causing the crack.”


Just a few grammatical errors I'll fix up for you.

We’dWe figured out that your world was on the other side, and we were pretty sure it was livable. I came here to find our missing peopleresearchers and figure out what is causing the crack.”

By the way, how did Hermione know that there was another world on the other side of the void? And then how did they know that it was livable? [i]Will, what if it was in the other part? *checks Part 1* Nope.
Yeah, that's still unexplained. Maybe you could just be like:

"...We figured out that your world was on the other side, by doing the Xtrophylium Tests, and then to figure out if it was livable we used the Tetrophylium Pertronium tests. The results were positive. I came here...”

I know, it sounds so scientific. That's the point ;P

"...I’m afraid your friends are lost.”


Image
Image
Image

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe to...*wipes away tear*...make it more...emotional, you could do something with the next paragraph.

It had been a while since she’d felt death’s sting, and it was just as sharp as she’d remembered. Before, at least, there’d been hope.


Maybe add two sentences to the end of this?

It had been a while since she’d felt death’s sting, and it was just as sharp as she’d remembered. Before, at least, there’d been hope. She felt a tear, slowly making its way down her face. She wiped it away.

And then, to make it make sense (what?), do this:

But there was no time to grieve. She swallowed and...

"...They have been growing stronger lately, and they’ve started pulling larger and larger things in..."


*laughs* Does this mean what I think it means? Are you saying that before, all the skinny people got sucked in, and then now, some bigger people are getting sucked in?

"...We’re worried that it could eventually consume the entire world.”


I was still laughing from the other thing when I read this.

Image

It can consume the whole world?! Woah. This is more powerful than I thought.

She watched as a dark-haired, middle-aged man wearing a leather jacket and a young, blond girl walked in. They went up to the check-in desk, and the man started talking to the clerk. After a minute, he turned away and scanned the room. His face lit up at the sight of the café, and he and the blond girl came over to get some food.


Yo man, it's like a DAMN SPACESHIP UP IN HERE! THE DOCTOR! AND ROSE! DAVID TENNANT AND ROSE! DAVID TENNANT AND BILLIE PIPER!

*fanboy moment*

Still, this Ministry was awfully lax about security. She’d expected to be discussing this in the Minister’s private office, not in a café in the middle of Muggle London. She would have thought they’d be a little more careful, what with all the effort they took to looking and acting like Muggle businessmen.


Wouldn't Hermione be getting suspicious? I mean, she says it herself - Why would the Ministry of Magic be discussing this in a cafe in the middle of London? Yeah, do the Mufflemuggle spell.

“Well, we focused our research on the areas that would prove most useful. We wanted to know what was on the other side, especially after our people were sucked in, so we concentrated on developing spells and research equipment for that. As soon as we established that this world was livable, we started trying to find a way to come here and find them.”

“I see. And how exactly does it work? Is it a spell?”

“Well, sort of, yes,” Hermione said, “but it’s a rather complex set of spells. I’d be happy to explain it to you, but it requires quite a lot of technical knowledge. It’d be better if I could explain it to your scientists...”


Ahh, there's the answer. Partly. So they developed research equipment just to see what was on the other side. But it's very complicated. I see. So that's that. Answers! Amazing.

“We’ll have someone pick them up for you,” Garen assured her, picking up the remnants of their food and tossing them in a nearby bin. “Come on.”


Image

What the...I see why Hermione was bewildered after that.

“Yes, that is a gun,” Amel said quietly. “Walk quickly, act natural, and don’t scream. Do you need further persuasion?”


Image

Image

Image

Well, that escalated quickly.

“You want to bet?” the woman said coldly.

Hermione swallowed and started walking.


WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

What an ending! A cliffhanger, I suppose.

Woah. Damn, that was good. That wasn't just good. That was,

Image
Image

Okay, here's my break down. I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!

One point I thought of to discuss was, in Doctor Who, when they go into the parallel universe, certain things were different. There were blimps, and Rose's father was still alive. They were more advanced in technology, and Rose wasn't born. So what was the difference in this universe...?

I mean, maybe the 'Dark-haired, middle aged man' could explain that for us, huh?

;)

I love your work. Keep on writing!

-willachilles




Mea says...


The only difference between the two universes is that one is the Harry Potter universe (has magic, no aliens) and the other is the Doctor's (no magic, aliens).

Also, the "dark-haired man" is 9, not 10. That's why he's dark-haired and middle-aged. ;)


:D Thanks for the awesome review!



willachilles says...


Ahh, aha ha! Right. So aliens, no magic and magic, no aliens. 9th Doctor not 10th.

Woo! :D

Thanks for clearing that out, and the review for part three will be written soon...



User avatar
245 Reviews


Points: 192
Reviews: 245

Donate
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:28 am
ChocolateCello says...



Ugh, okay I know you only just posted this today but I really hope you'll be posting a part three soon. :)




Mea says...


It's in the works. :)





Yesss!




Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology