12+

"Vicky...Not so Icky?" Part Two.

by GreenLight24

Author's Note: Hey, everyone! I'm back with the sequel to my Fairly Oddparents fanfiction, "Vicky...Not so Icky?" This picks up right where the last one left off. If you've read the first one, awesome. Gold star for you. If not, take the gold star anyways! :D If you haven't read it and would like to (strongly suggested before reading this one.) , then you can find it in my portfolio in the folder titled "Vicky...Not so Icky?" A lot of thinking went into this, and I was able to use the tips and suggestions of a number of great literary minds! Enjoy!

"Vicky...Not so Icky?" Part Two.

Timmy stared at the kitchen telephone with wide eyes, all the while gently rubbing the pink note with his babysitter's number between his clammy fingers. The young man felt his cheeks burning with nervous anticipation of what was to come. "Goodness.", Timmy sighed as he walked back over to the fridge, "Did I say the right thing?" The boy slowly lifted his cap and fingered through his sweat-dampened hair before placing the note back onto the refrigerator. The fifteen-year-old looked ruefully up at the kitchen clock. It was 12:30 in the morning.

"Oh my God!", he stammered, "She'll be here any minute!" Timmy made a full sprint up the stairway and into his room, slamming the door behind him with reckless abandon. His heart began to swell as he remembered all of the times Vicky had so forcefully sent him up those very same steps. The nervous young man was slightly annoyed to find his fairies in the very same place he had left them: in their fish bowl, and fast asleep.

"Cosmo! Wanda!", he shrieked, "You guys have to wake up now! I want to make another wish!" After a few long seconds, the exhausted goldfish opened their weary eyes.

"What is it, sport?", murmured Wanda as she rubbed her eyes, "What time is it?"

"Yeah!", yawned Cosmo, "Is it burrito time yet?" Timmy was taken aback by his fairies' casual demeanor. Here he was, in his most vulnerable hour, and Cosmo wanted to know about burrito time. "Oh, Cosmo.", he gasped. The fairies slowly twirled their wands and zapped themselves out of the fish bowl. Timmy wore an expression of complete desperation upon his face, and he felt his palms begin to sweat.

"Alright.", chided Wanda, her hands on her hips, "What's going on, Timmy? I knew something was fishy here."

"We were fishy!", blurted the green-haired fairy. Timmy and Wanda rolled their eyes at each other and dismissed this comment. Wanda lightly cleared her throat before speaking again.

"Listen, Timmy.", she began in a motherly tone, "What's wrong? Did Vicky come over anyway?" A profound tension took precedence over the entire bedroom. Timmy gulped nervously before responding.

"Well.", he said quietly, "I sort of...called her. She's on her way"

"What?", yelped the fairies in a state of pure shock. "But why?", sighed Cosmo sadly, "We were supposed to have alone time at home time...and burrito time." Wanda studied Timmy with a confused frown.

"Look,", replied Timmy anxiously, "I can't really explain this right now. She'll be here soon and I need to make this wish." Cosmo and Wanda looked at each other blankly, and then back at their godson. Neither of them could remember ever having seen him so intent on making a wish before. "Well.", sighed Wanda, a glint of worry in her eyes, "What'll it be?" The pink-haired fairy put on a fake smile as she attempted to brace herself for the most ridiculous request. Timmy gave a relieved smile as he began to make his wish.

"I wish I had a dozen roses!", he ejected, "The white kind!" Timmy felt a jolt of excitement pulsate throughout his entire body. He recalled overhearing his lovely babysitter expressing her disdain for red ones.

"So unoriginal.", she had said, "So...cliche." Cosmo and Wanda were frozen with confusion, and most of all, fear.

"Timmy?", said Wanda, her voice full of suspicion, "What do you need roses for?" The boy stared at the floor and scratched the back of his neck as he tried to think of a legitimate answer to this question.

"That's not important.", he responded dryly, "I just want them." He had not meant to sound so demanding, but Timmy was determined to make the rest of the night a success.

"I want a burrito!", groaned Cosmo.

"Oh, be quiet, will you?", scolded Wanda, impatiently jerking her head towards Cosmo. She took a deep breath before turning back to look at Timmy. "Whatever you say, sport...just be careful." The fairies reluctantly waved their wands and an exquisite bouquet of white roses appeared on Timmy's bed. The boy let out a squeal of delight before thanking them.

"Now,", grinned the boy, "I wish you were asleep again! And back in your fish bowl!"

"But Timmy-", began Wanda.

"No buts!", shrieked the fifteen-year-old.

"Alright.", groaned Wanda, as she began to wave her wand once again.

"No burrito time...", echoed Cosmo as he began to wave his wand as well. Within seconds, the fairies were fast asleep again, but something was different. Timmy glanced into the fish bowl to find that his fairies slept with worried expressions on their faces. Just as he opened his mouth to wish that they were awake again, he heard a defiant knock at the door.

"Oh no!", he screamed, "It's Vicky...and I forgot the tea!" He had often said very similar things whenever he heard her knocking at the door, but tonight, it was for a completely different reason. The boy closed his eyes and remembered that day at the beach a few summers ago. "Hey Vicky?", he had asked, "Can I go swimming with Chester and A.J yet?" Timmy recalled the devious flare in his babysitter's eyes upon hearing this request.

"Well, Twerp.", she grinned, "That's only if you do something for me first." The boy nervously licked his lips before responding.

"W-What's that, Vicky." He couldn't tell if he was trembling or not.

"Oh,", she cackled, "Nothing too serious. I just need you to wear this." Timmy remembered the excited look on Vicky's face as she pulled out a yellow float ring shaped like a duck. He had attempted to avert his eyes, but they remained fixated on hers.

"What are you waiting for, Twerp? Put it on." He knew better than to object. And, besides, it would make her happy.

"Alright.", he cried, his voice fluttering with embarrassment. Timmy took the float ring from Vicky and stepped into it, one leg at a time.

"Quack, quack, Turner!", she teased, as she pulled out a camera "Smile!"

Timmy remembered the click of the camera snapping that embarrassing photograph. He remembered feeling like a complete idiot. But it was okay. He was her idiot. "Now, run along, Pip-Squeak. I gotta catch these rays."

"Okay.", he replied shamefully as he walked down to the ocean to meet his friends. Timmy blushed as he struggled to conceal a faint smile.

"What a day.", he thought as he opened his eyes. It only took a few moments for the boy to bring himself back to realty. Timmy grabbed the roses off of his bed and practically bounced down the stairs. He felt his hands go numb and his face grow hotter by the second. Once he had reached the bottom of the stairway, Timmy peered towards the front door. No words could even begin to describe the anxious euphoria he felt upon hearing Vicky's voice from the porch.

"Open up, Twerp!", she shrieked angrily, "I left my key at home! I hope my tea is waiting for me on the coffee table!" Timmy was frozen with delight and fear at the very same time. He wiped his forehead with his shirt before responding.

"Oh don't worry, Vicky!", he yelled, "Just a second...Your tea's already there. Timmy felt incredibly nervous about lying to her, for she could tell when he was not telling the truth. And, besides, it's impossible to lie to the one you love.

"Gosh!", he whispered to himself, "I've got to do something with these roses!" The boy turned to find the closet under the stairway halfway open. "Thank God.", he whispered. Timmy opened the closet door and gently slid the roses in amongst the coats and hats. "Phew.", he sighed. The fifteen-year-old had raced into the kitchen and was pulling a Minnie Mouse glass from the cupboard when he heard Vicky yell again, this time, angrier than before.

"TURNER!", she screamed, "I didn't wake up and come over here for nothing! Your parents are gonna pay double for this! If you don't open up by the count of three, there's gonna be some serious trouble when I get in there." Timmy took four ice cubes out of the freezer and hastily poured the iced tea. He was extremely relieved to hear that she would not be leaving. The boy sprinted into the living room and placed the glass on top of one of the coasters on the coffee table.

"Hey, Vicky.", he inquired shyly as he opened the front door. Vicky stood, arms crossed, in the doorway, frowning down at him with those angry pink pools of desire, and that devilishly angelic grin. A single bolt of beautiful lightning appeared behind her. It wasn't raining. Timmy put his arms behind his back and looked nervously at the floor before looking up at Vicky. It was almost as if she got more beautiful every time he she came to babysit him. The young lady stepped into the doorway and gracefully strode over to the living room couch. She sat down and lifted her iced tea from the coffee table, studying it with a lovely gaze of suspicion before speaking.

"Well, Twerp. It's about time you let me in. Car's in the shop...I had to walk over here." Vicky sipped her tea. The boy felt his muscles begin to tighten as he shut the door and walked over to the living room. He said the very first thing that came to mind.

"Alone time at home time!", he blurted. Vicky placed her tea back onto the coffee table as she began to laugh uncontrollably.

"W-what?", she laughed, "You're even dumber than I thought!" Timmy felt his knees wobbling, and hoped to God that she didn't notice. "Listen, Turner.", snapped Vicky, "How about we play some hide-and-seek tonight...you little Twerps like that, right?" Her condescending tone made his heart jump out of it's place.

"Uh, yeah. Sure.", he replied. Vicky deviously rubbed her hands together as she stood up from the sofa.

"Good Turner.", she grinned, "You hide, and I'll seek."

"Alright."

Timmy saw Vicky close her eyes and begin to count. The young man didn't like hide-and-seek anymore. He was fourteen! But something about playing it with Vicky made whether he liked it or not irrelevant. Timmy shuddered as he turned to go hide. "Why is she doing this?", he thought, "What's the catch?" it didn't matter. Vicky was the driver, and Timmy was just along for the ride. It was always like this, and he liked it that way.

As Vicky got closer to twenty-five, Timmy began to panic. He had to find a hiding place. He was much more afraid of disappointing Vicky than he was of being found. The boy looked around for a door to go through. He had the home-field advantage. But, did he really? After looking around once more, Timmy decided on the closet underneath the stairway. He slid into the door, as not to make a sound, and gently closed it behind him. "Ready or not, Twerp, here I come!", called Vicky.

As he worked himself in between the coats and sweaters, Timmy placed a single hand to his chest. He thought his heart would beat right out of him. "Breathe, Timmy.", he whispered to himself, "She's just another girl." Timmy knew that he was lying to himself. She wasn't just another girl. She was Vicky, the one who'd kept him warm on that cold night in that cave, and the one who'd always put up with being wished into all kinds of tough situations. He remembered how she had talked about feeling alone at school, and about how her parents had always favored Tootie over her. She didn't even get to have a celebration for her sixteenth birthday. And even if she did, who would come? She was Icky Vicky, the most vile human being in Dimmsdale, and was reminded of this fact every single day. Timmy could not help but feel that he had done this to her. Vicky, despite her cruelties, was just like him in a way. She wasn't really evil, she was just alone. While Timmy had fairy godparents to help him through thick and thin, Vicky had no one.

"Gotcha, Twerp!", she shouted as she opened the closet door to find him.

"Yeah. You did.", he smiled calmly. Just as Timmy began to make his way out of his hiding place, he noticed an expression on his babysitter's face that he had never seen before. She was stunning. Timmy felt his heart sink as he had remembered the wish he had made earlier that night.

"Turner?", she asked in an impatient tone of disbelief, "What...why...What are these?" Vicky looked down at him, utterly confused, and pointing towards the elegant bouquet of fresh white roses lying on the closet floor. Timmy nervously pulled at his shirt collar and opened his mouth to speak, but no words would come out. Vicky knew what this meant. Hadn't she known all along? Before he could fully compose himself, the beautiful young lady did something that he never would've thought she would do again. Vicky stooped down, pulled him into her warm embrace, and began to cry softly. This wasn't the first time she'd hugged him, but it was the first time Timmy had ever seen her cry. He was overcome with happiness and confusion at the very same time. He looked into her big pink eyes and saw something he had always known was there, but had never seen in them before. Vicky had a heart, and a pretty big one too.

"Oh, you little Twerp.", cried Vicky, "You little Twerp." The girl could not bring herself to say anything else, and her voice was riddled with quiet affection. The young man was immobilized by her lovely scent. "Strawberries.", thought Timmy. He wanted to say something to try to explain himself, but didn't have the slighted clue what. All he knew was that Vicky was hugging him, and crying. The boy wrapped his arms around her and gently rested his head onto her shoulder. Timmy could've sworn he was tearing up too.

TO BE CONTINUED.

He Was Speechless Then, Too.

Markontheworld wrote a review...

Awwwwwww, so flubernuggeting cute!!! Vicky's backstory was kinda sad, even more so cause I know it's true. Something tells me that hug made Vicky the happiest she's been in a while. "A while" being since like that one episode where some completely "harmless" bug bit her butt, and she went all Marry Poppins with a Yellow sundress and everything. Even that was false too. Yeah, it wouldn't be too far fetched to say I feel bad for her. Being that lonely has gotta suck. Though now she's got Timmy so I suppose it'sall good. Still keep picturing DeepToot in the background with an axe though. Anyways, can't wait to read more of this story! =^_^=

cosplayJ2 says...

Vicky? Not icky? Wasn't there an episode like this once? Wonderful story but Vicky's not pretty. I love your descriptions and your word usage though. I am glad Timmy did some initiative and had threw a tiny celebration for Vicky's 16th birthday. Those are supposed to be special.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:03 am
MysteryMe wrote a review...

Great chapter! Even better than you last, I think. The entire thing flows very smoothly, and I found nearly no mistakes in your grammar or spelling. It's very well worded and I just like it a lot :D. Plus, you also revealed greater insight into Timmy and Vicky's relationship, and made it seem a lot more realistic.

I liked the flashback that you chose, but I don't think it was enough. I would suggest creating a moment where Timmy looks back on the first time that he saw Vicky as something other than just a "evil babysitter," but rather a person with emotions and feelings, just like himself. That would really help bring more motivation for why Timmy fell for Vicky in the first place. Also, in the next chapter try giving insight on what Vicky really thinks of Timmy, because we all know that she doesn't ACTUALLY hate him.

Also, how old do you intend Vicky to be in this? I would assume maybe 25. At this age, she's an adult. So why is she still babysitting? I would suggest filling in some details and adult-problems in Vicky's life. Maybe her career isn't going well, so she's forced to babysit for extra money. Or maybe she only babysits Timmy because, secretly, she thinks he's her only friend. You know, something like that to spice up this piece.

Well, I hoped this helped! Keep writing!!!

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:19 pm
EloquentDragon wrote a review...

Well, I did skim through your last section, but I'm here to review this section. Heh.

First of all, this is excellent! The prose flows smoothly, you've got a great handle on exposition and action, and everything is in its place. Good job, you deserve that feature.

Now, there were a few grammatical mistakes here. Mostly consfusing vocaubulary. Such as:

"I wish I had a dozen roses!", he ejected, "The white kind!"

I think you mean "ejaculate," although you should probably just use "exclaim" there. I believe. Don't feel the need to add in big words when they don't fit in just right. They'll stick out.

Verb tense too. In one case you say "she was stunning" when you mean to say "she was stunned." Two different meanings there. Heh.

Also, do NOT and I repeat, do not put the comma outside of the quotation mark! It can go inside the marks when a speaker has more to say. "Dead," he said. "As a doornail.") But never outside.

Story-wise, here are a few inconsistencies that I noticed:

1. You've done a great job with Timmy here, but the problem I see is with Vicky. She hasn't changed or matured at all? She still sees him as a kid even though he's fifteen? Try to make her more realistic-- maybe she's got her only worries and real-life issues to deal with. Try to make her character less one-sided and more believable.

2. These are minor: They wouldn't be playing hide-and-seek, would they? And why is it twelve in the morning? Where are his parents? (Unless you said "PM," I guess I missed that then.)

3. I don't know if this was your intention or not, but while Timmy can love Vicky for being "icky," right now he seems unhealthily obsessed and a bit masochistic. If that was your intention... but if not, then his "love" seems a little odd. Try to give him more of a reason to love her besides her mean treatment of him and her appearance. What makes her special to him?

Anyway, I hope all this can help you in some way.
Feel free to ask me anything.
~ED

GreenLight24 says...

Thanks! :D I see what u mean. Tbh I just found it hard to bring myself to say the word ejaculate XD. On the verb tense there, I meant to say she was stunning to give an account if what Timmy was thinking, but now that I go back to that section I think either could work. If u read the first story, those q's should be answered. :) I get what you're saying with #3 for the most part. In the paragraph beginning with "as he worked himself in..." I attempted to try to explain his love for her a little better. However, I think the flashback may have given more fuel to the masochistic element. What I was trying to do with that was explain that Ben though Timmy did fear her, he often went took her mistreatment because he new it would make her happy. But it does quite seem that it may have come across differently. This was an extremely helpful review and I hope you'll keep following the series! :D If not, that's okay too though. Thanks!

GreenLight24 says...

Even though*

Sure, glad I could help

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:12 am
Blackwood wrote a review...

I'm just going to keep on reading because they're so entertaining.

I found the end a bit strange though? Why would Vicky play hide and seek? I expected him to hide while she pretended to seek and just do her own thing or something. It was a bit unexpected, and you should Timmy holding the roses at the end or else its just some random roses that happen to be in the cupboard.

Also i think you may have been slightly over descriptive in the first little bit about the nervousness such as 'clammy' 'cheeks burning', and 'sweat hair'.
And also try to keep track of the different nouns to describe Timmy so you know if you are going overboard or anything.

GreenLight24 says...

Gotcha! ;) Now that I think about it, i see what you mean about the roses and vicky playing hide and seek. And yeah, I often felt like those nouns were getting repetitive. Thanks for the review!! :D ill take your feedback into account. ;) one burning question I have about this is the flashback. Was that presented well and did it help the story at all??

Blackwood says...

It was done well and fine, but it was unrelated and didn't really have anything to do with the story in the long run.

GreenLight24 says...

Okay. Thanks for ur opinion! :D

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah