z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

hunter

by Razcoon


Since this is a common misconception on my song lyrics, this is not a poem. These are song lyrics, meant to be heard, not seen. Here is a video of me singing them to give you an idea of what it sounds like so I can get proper feedback. Don't judge me. I'm still a little sick. xP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u28wqHwnLjM

Thank you!
-------------------------
I won't try
to win your heart
but please let me fight for you
you're worth the time
and you're worth the wait
although I'm not worth you
 
fall away,
please fall away,
please fall away from your demons
I will hold you while you fall
please fall away with me
let me fight for you
please fall away with me
 
you deserve to be
calm and happy
and I want that for you
I won't fight
to win your heart
but I'll fight your demons for you
 
fall away,
please fall away,
please fall away from your demons
I will hold you while you fall
please fall away with me
let me fight for you
please fall away with me
 
I won't try
to win your heart
but please let me fight for you
you're worth the time
and you're worth the wait
although I'm not worth you


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
319 Reviews


Points: 9100
Reviews: 319

Donate
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:05 am
View Likes
Jashael wrote a review...



Hello, Razcoon!

I think this is really cute. It's simple, but the nice kind of "simple" that means a lot of people can probably relate to it, which is really good.

I do have a couple of constructive comments for you:

First, I think, in the second stanza, you could change this line,

I won't try
to win your heart
but please let me fight for you

to something else. Either in the second stanza or in the third. Try to add a few more lines to it. Maybe tell them more about what else he deserves, or how he deserves to be happy, I don't know, just to give you some ideas, but it's really up to you.

The melody I honestly think is cute, and quite catchy (it's still ringin' in my head, actually), but I shall agree with alliyah that it lacks a bit of variety, especially since there's no "bridge" or adlib part (but that can be fixed when a very good arranger gets hold of this song, or when the artist plays with the notes). Maybe you could rearrange (not necessarily change everything) some of the notes in the chorus, just to give it a punch. Remember that the main hook should be in the chorus.

Overall I think this is a good song. I believe (as an arranger myself) that it would fit in a few genres, which is a good thing.



JashaƩl

P.S. Love the Uku... <3 You made me miss it.




Razcoon says...


Yeah I might add to it a little. Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind if/when I change it, if I contact you for review?



User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144400
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:09 pm
View Likes
alliyah wrote a review...



Hello Razcoon,

I listened to your youtube song, thank you for posting it along with the lyrics. You're very talented!! It seems like you could add more words maybe, but it's nice this length too. The chorus is catchy, but with all the repetion there's not a whole lot of variety.

My favorite lines are:
"please fall away from your demons
I will hold you while you fall"

It's a little vague, exactly what are these demons? and what's he falling away from. But sometimes being a little vague is good because more poeople can relate to it.

And even though it's a song, I appreciate that you posted this without spelling mistakes! Because even though songs aren't meant to be read, it makes it better to review, and makes it seem more thought out. :)

Great job on your song! And good luck to all your writing in the future!

~allyah~




Razcoon says...


I was thinking of maybe adding some instrumental somewhere in the middle to make up for the length or something, but I can't think of any more stanzas to add. Also yeah, I don't want to be too specific...even though you don't know the person I'm singing about, it's not my place to tell people about her problems.



User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 467
Reviews: 52

Donate
Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm
View Likes
catcha01 wrote a review...



Heeeyyy Razcoon,

Great set of lyrics. I was reading them in rhythm, trying to get a beat going. This would be awesome with a awesome music. The lyrics were truly touching and relatable to those fighting for those whom thy love, though it may not be the other way around. The flow was easy to catch and the rhythm was easy to find through the reading. Great and heartwarming poem and I hope to see it on the top 100's list on Amazon or Itunes. I know that you can do it :)

~Catcha01 <3





I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief