z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Good-Bye

by gabrielle23


It's different here without you,
It's as if there is no sun,
Though death seperates us for now,
I know will meet again.

My tears will dry,
No more ill cry,
But it hurts so bad just to say good-bye.

You were my life, My everything
But now sweetheart you're gone

It's so hard to let you go
And still i dont understand,

It's so hard when memories start to flow, of all the good times we had planned

They say time mends a broken heart,
if true time is my friend

It's not right to wish you back to earth,
But it hurts!

Our god is such a gracious god
He gives us each so much,
He let me keep your memorie near
so we could keep in touch.

Be free my love,
ill let you go,
your life was not in vain
You touched so many lives on earth,
with your life and
through your pain.

Ill live my life
as god has planned,
I'll hold my head up high,
I'll treasure all the time we had,
and with that ill say
Good-BYE.




Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 1437
Reviews: 41

Donate
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm
lovelysayshi wrote a review...



"I know will meet again." should be "I know we will meet again."

"My tears will dry,
No more ill cry,
But it hurts so bad just to say good-bye."

1.ill should be I'll
2. It would sound better if the second line said: No more will I cry
3. To keep a nice poetic format, you could try using less words in the last line. For example: "but it hurts so bad to say goodbye."
4. Another thing, goodbye doesn't have to have a dash. haha.

"You were my life, My everything
But now sweetheart you're gone" If you are going to keep sweetheart in this line you should have put a comma next to now.

Uh oh, always remember to capitalize "I": "And still----> i <----dont understand,"


"It's so hard when memories start to flow, of all the good times we had planned" There shouldn't be a comma after flow.

"Our god is such a gracious god
He gives us each so much,
He let me keep your memorie near
so we could keep in touch."

I really love that stanza, the only thing I found wrong with it was that "memorie" should be memory.

Great poem, really great.

Toodles. :)




User avatar
254 Reviews


Points: 11196
Reviews: 254

Donate
Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:53 pm
Sonder wrote a review...



This is absolutely a beautiful poem. I know what it is like to go through such a loss, but that doesn't make it any easier on you. I can feel the pain and sorrow in this poem and that is part of what made it so beautiful.

My favorite verse was

"your life was not in vain
You touched so many lives on earth,
with your life and
through your pain."

The flow and love expressed in this was just amazing. The way you put your feelings to words here is very impressive.
Poetry and writing helps get through these pains in life.
Continue on!

~GC




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Wed May 22, 2013 1:30 am
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi gabrielle13 and welcome to YWS!

First off, I'm truly sorry for your loss. It can definitely be healing to write about such events. Overall, this touches on a lot of the emotions of grief. That said, it could be stronger.

One strange thing was the structure. Some stanzas are free verse, while others rhyme. Typically, I'd try to stay consistent. If the rhyming seems forced, go with free verse, but this could work with a well-done rhyme scheme.

My main critique of this is that it sounds nice, but doesn't feel super personal, although I know it comes from that place. If you feel up to it, I suggest bringing up more images of your relationship and the aftermath. From the first date to the last words, what scenes stick out? What stands out about how he died, the funeral, how things changed after his death? Since you mention God, was faith important to him as well? While this can be difficult, it can elevate the poem to a new level of originality and make it more interesting to readers.

Finally, I'd suggest you go over again for spelling/grammar. There's quite a few typos and missing punctuation. I saw "ill" when it should be "I'll" a few times. While the rules are looser in poetry, I still usually suggest punctuation as in prose and cleaning up spelling/grammar. Punctuation makes it easier to read and proofreading will make people take the piece more seriously.

Overall, there's clearly a lot of emotion in this, but I think it would be stronger with more images. Welcome again, and keep writing! :)




User avatar
305 Reviews


Points: 431
Reviews: 305

Donate
Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 am
speakerskat wrote a review...



Oh my god! I started crying! just a little longer and I would be all out sobbing! That was beautiful, I'm sorry for you truly . It was a very warm and respectable piece . I will leave it up to other people to talk about any negatives because I just couldn't bring myself to try to find them, they would only be trivial such as a slip in rhythm or spelling or something that doesn't really matter when your writing is so passionate.

Keep it up
~Speakerskat




User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Let me just say first that this was totally beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

But, and I always hate having to point these out, there were some grammar mistakes.

Capitalize all of the (I)'s, and use a comma when doing a conjunction. (I'll) instead of (ill). It's just a little confusing because my brain is reading it and subconsciously going "that's ill as in sick," when you're really saying (I'll).

And also, the sentence

"It's so hard when memories start to flow, of all the good times we had planned"

I feel, should be separated. So it would be,

"It's so hard when memories start to flow,
of all the good times we had planned"

instead.

Those are the only things I saw, and trust me when I say that I've seen worse (I've been worse).

But my gosh, your words brought me back to last year when my grandmother passed away, and it was so beautiful and heartfelt, and I cried.

Really good work!




gabrielle23 says...


thank you so much(:
thats why i posted it
i know that my poems will help heal others the way
they helped heal me.
thank you so much for your review i'll be sure to fix my mistakes(:



User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 790
Reviews: 45

Donate
Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 pm
View Likes
MindBlown says...



Great poem :) although sort of sad it flowed nicely and it wasn't choppy. It was very deep and I enjoyed reading it! Fantastic adjective and it was (once again) very very deep and a very very great poem




gabrielle23 says...


thank you very much(:




cron
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault