355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

the Club for all updates!

Come one, come all,
To the YWStival!

The new year burst on YWS in fabulous fashion, and activity on the site has been booming this month! And what better way is there to celebrate all this energy pulsing through the site than with a Big Awesome Festival?

The YWStival is coming!

What is the YWStival, you cry? Well, it'd be easier to ask what YWStival isn't.

So, you shout, what isn't YWStival? Well, it isn't a festival where we sacrifice monkeys to Pat Buchanan. (Don't worry, that's coming next month.)

It is, however a fabulous week full of games, prizes, writing extravaganzas and more!

Starting on February 10th, we're going to devote a whole week to games, prizes and fabulous new events, in true YWS style! We've got all sorts of excitement up our sleeves, so be sure to drop in and join the fun!

No matter what your literary love, we've got something for everyone in the YWStival! We'll take you on an epic journey, from Post Your Points Away Sunday, through Review 'Em All Back Monday, Rhyme and Reason Tuesday, Halfway There Wednesday, Know-It-All Thursday, Casual Friday, and all the way up to the Grand Finale of the First YWStival on Saturday! It doesn't matter if you're a writer of poetry, reviewer of prose, professor of non-fiction or a role player at heart, we've got a day for you, no matter what you love to do!
We'll take you through a hair-raising journey through all of YWS, to see every nook and cranny previously overlooked. (Except for the corner where FRED lives, we're avoiding that one.)

Not only will we all be participating in fun and games, every day, two people will be crowned the supreme rulers of that particular day. So whether you aspire to be Countess Of Storybooks or Duke of the Community, we've got your crowns waiting!

And watch out for the dramatic battles of the week-long storybook, where the Sky Pirates take on the Sky Ninjas! The skies will explode from the battles between these two sides.

So whether you paint joy with poetry, or break hearts with prose, we hope to see you online during the week, because there's something for everyone here!

---The Mod Squad and Nate

PS: Blues promises to give everyone cake. It might have to be virtual cake. But still, it's cake.

PPS: Don't forget to thank the two wonderful people that came up with this idea, SparkOfDoubt, and Shino! Let their contributions not be ignored!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:06 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

And we promise to give Blues cheese. Lots and lots of good quality French cheese.^^^(Auxiira will send it)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:33 am
dogs says...

This looks like so much fun! Can't wait for ze festivities! :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I can't believe this actually starts on Monday! Are we ready? (Hey guys, like seriously, are we ready?)

You bet we are! (I think).

Ready or not, I want to see everyone joining in! Expect an event calendar and the first events on Monday!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Haha The Count of Storybooks is mine! Ita I got your number and your going down!
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:32 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

LoyalHeart wrote:Haha The Count of Storybooks is mine! Ita I got your number and your going down!

Why, this shall be interesting to watch.
So will be your faces when neither of you gets the title, of course.

While on it, will there be awards for both genders? Like, will there be crowned both Count/Countess, King/Queen and so on, or just one person in each category gets all the glory?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 pm
JabberHut says...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh em GEE IT'S ALMOST HERE. jaskdl;fjasd;lkfjasd;lfkajsd;flkajsdf;lasdf
I make my own policies.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 pm
Pencil2paper says...

This is going to be awesome! And its going to be hilarious when I get the title of Countess of Storybooks. Looks like you guys have some compitition!
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 am
GlitterGabbi says...

Oh, it's gonna be amazing I can't wait! Guys! It's this Monday! Can you believe it??!?!?
[Insert Signature Here]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

There is one title per gender! So there will be a count and a countess of storybooks! If you are of undecided gender, it is for the moderating staff to decide which title you will be awarded.
Writing Gooder

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:21 pm
crossroads says...

I totally didn't just quote Gabbi's post to see what's actually written.

Pencil2Paper, looks like it's on :wink:

Rydia, will you be participating too?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 pm
LadySpark says...

Everyone is praticipating! :D (Also, Kitteh, we're totally not ready but when has that stopped us before?)
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:57 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I'll be participating! But I'll also be exempt from Countess of storybooks on account of I'm helping to crown the victors ;)

(Never! Nothing shall stop us now!)
Writing Gooder

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Cailey says...

Oh boy, this sounds exciting... :D
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm
LadyPurple says...

Best idea ever. <3
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo