Young Writers Society

Raven (Tries To) Draw

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Wed May 15, 2024 6:54 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

Welcome to the Thread!

Here I will post random drawings. Most will be of character art, but I may throw in some oddballs as well. And by "character art," most of it will be my own characters, but if I expand this, I would also like to try for some fan art, and maybe even include other YWS-based characters.

I will gladly take requests, which you can drop below, on my wall, or in a pm! Fair warning, though, I am pretty SLOW.

And yes, my default art style is anime/manga, but I can try either softer or more chibi-esque looks too. I used to be able to do charcoal drawings, which I used for realistic or Tim Burton style stuff, but apparently that skill has vanished XD

Anyway, let's test the water with this first piece of my character, Kita Rein. It's not my best, but better than most. And hopefully with this thread as practice, we'll see improvement soon ~

~ "I am a writer. Therefore, I am not sane." ~

- Edgar Allan Poe

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed May 15, 2024 10:13 pm
View Likes
goodolnoah says...

Awww, Kita looks great! I think your artstyle has a certain softness about it that helps it stand out!

278 Reviews

Wed May 15, 2024 10:49 pm
RavenAkuma says...

@goodolnoah Thank you! ^^

- Edgar Allan Poe

219 Reviews

Reviews: 219
Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Excited to see more!!! This looks amazing so far!!
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

278 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@EllieMae Thank you, I'm trying to work up the courage to post more lol! ^^

- Edgar Allan Poe

278 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2024 5:10 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

Alright, new drawing drop! I don't know how this will go, heh, but here is my attempt at the sylph queen ~

- Edgar Allan Poe

219 Reviews

Reviews: 219
Tue May 21, 2024 6:23 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Wow these are so good!! What program do you use for drawing? How long do these take you?
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

54 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2024 6:30 pm
View Likes
goodolnoah says...

Aww yeah, just made my Tuesday 100x better! I am also curious what program you use! And do you keep character profiles of your characters from The Forsaken Race? (asking so I appear a bit more sane)

278 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2024 7:03 pm
RavenAkuma says...

@EllieMae @goodolnoah Thanks, glad you like it! And I don't use anything fancy, lol, just the app ProCreate on iPad. Times are really inconsistent, they can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks.

As for character profiles, interesting you ask because I used to have a "book" (this was on past platforms mind you) of them, but I wound up taking it down. I was still in the process of working out specifics with the characters so a lot of things got changed, and I was also very self-conscious of the art so I didn't really have anything to pair with them.

- Edgar Allan Poe

54 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2024 11:54 pm
View Likes
goodolnoah says...

Interesting! Procreate is also a great program to use! I personally use Krita on my computer.

I have profiles on google slides that I like to have up while I write, that's why I ask, lol. It keeps me motivated to make images to pair with them, and it also helps me keep powers/backstory in check. Of course, they aren't public, so I can change details.

I find they are nice to have, but nothing to obsess over!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun May 26, 2024 4:22 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Stumbled upon this thread the other day and came to say that wow your art is super good!!!!! Artist + writer is like the dream combination omg
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

278 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 5:45 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@yoshi Thank you so much! ^^

- Edgar Allan Poe

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data