rashomon go brr

she/her

used to be loveissourgrapes

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:46 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

@loveissourgrapes Interesting how strawberry is your favorite fruit when you have "grapes" in your username...loveissourstrawberries?
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:36 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

@FluorescentAnt hahahaha my username is a metaphor and I don't like that much of grapes especially when they're sour. I'd still choose strawberries><

Spoiler! :
I'm actually planning to change my username when I have time to write and think of one^^
rashomon go brr

she/her

used to be loveissourgrapes

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:39 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

TheEgg is definitely a fruit. Why else would it be an option?
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:33 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

This is watermelon erasure.

Edit: AND PLUMS AND ORANGES wow I forgot how many fruits I love
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 4
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:30 am
View Likes
Ki1roy says...

Potatoes are the best because you can use them in so many different ways. you can use them in a stew, as a side dish, as chips, as fries, as a since experiment, anything! Also, if technoblade taught me anything it's that potatoes are very easy to grow, and you can grow a lot of them at one time.
Ki1roy was here

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:20 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

I picked tomato because tomatoes taste so good and are used in so many delicious dinners. My favorite fruit is peach, and it's not on the poll :(
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:27 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

what is "TheEgg", is my question
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:52 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

excellent question, @Sonder! @TheEgg is a legendary member of YWS who was also once featured member! i believe @alliyah may be able to expand on the greatness of TheEgg ;)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:50 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

What is TheEgg?

@Sonder & @Spearmint, I am only too happy to answer this question as a huge supporter of "TheEgg"...

It started back in January 2019 when @fishsashimi posted a post of "The Egg" with the caption "This is the world record egg. He would like to set the YWS record for most liked post. Will you help him one last time? "

(Post by @fishsashimi)

It didn't garner too many likes initially, but then myself and others started sharing it and posting egg puns in the comments, and trying very hard to get folks to support the egg because it seemed like a good idea.

Around this time the Classified vs Unclassified feud was just really starting, and while Classified was trying to tear down the site, "Unclassified" was trying to band folks together to protect the site and find the truth. There were questions as to whether the Egg supported either side.

(Post by @Arcticus)

I saw a very clear connection between the goodness of "The Egg" and the goodness of "The Unclassified Movement" and pointed out that "The Egg" seemed to be in support of Unclassified. Others agreed, yes. Clearly "The Egg" is team Unclassified, a harbinger of truth and peace in midst of chaos. The Egg made their allegiances known when the petition against Classified was unveiled and The Egg stepped in line to be the very first signer.

(post by @Liminality)

Well at this time, The Egg made a YWS account -> @TheEgg.

The Egg's appeal is far greater than just those involved in the Classified vs Unclassified movement though and attracted likes and praise from many users, so that when the new "mascot wars" of Nov. 2019 occurred The Egg was the clear winner as the official "YWS Mascot" above the monkey, dragon, and Pat Buchanon.

(post by @alliyah)

In March 2020, The Egg finally got its ultimate wish and gained its 100th like on the initial post - making it the most liked post of all time on YWS. A wonderful day for YWS.

With great power, and great goodness, also comes enemies and those who are jealous of The Egg's influence. Across the years there have been several attempts of other birds to claim they are the Egg in hatched form (like LoonyMaroony) and independent chicken experts were asked to confirm that The Egg is indeed a chicken egg. Also there were attempts at one time from a rogue YWS group to try to crack the egg. Thankfully they were not successful despite their threats.

Then a year ago, in April 2023, for April 1, @TheEgg was finally given the recognition of Featured Member, and I was honored to conduct its Squills interview here.

Altogether... it is hard to define the egg, or say what it really is, or what it really means except what I know to be true...

The Egg is good.
The Egg is liked.
The Egg is a supporter of YWS.
I support The Egg.

Hope that answers your question. I do not know however why the Egg is featured in this poll, because the Egg is a chicken egg, not a fruit. But alas - its greatness cannot be overstated.

More History on the Egg Here
Mascot Wars (Egg Edition)
Record Breaking Egg Post
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:05 am
View Likes
22Midnight says...

that is one magical egg >:)
*looks up from writing* hi if you're reading this I hope you have a lovely day!

22Midnight
she/her

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:17 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Wow, thank you for providing context, @alliyah. Truly a rich, egg-cellent history!
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Egg-sactly, I agree.
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless