z

Young Writers Society

People are Becoming Their Characters!! (TAGBOOK)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:26 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Howdy hey everyone! I had a really cool idea for a tagbook, here’s the premise:

Suddenly, and for unknown reasons, people all across YWS are transforming into their characters! Why is this all happening? Will the YWSers figure out the big mystery, or will they be stuck like this forever?

~~~

Rules:

1.) Keep things PG! This is a tagbook for YWSers of all ages!

2.) Please be respectful.

3.) No godmode-ing and solving everything too early.

3.). You don’t have to stay as the same character for the entire roleplay; if you want to, you can transform into multiple different characters / ocs over the course of the roleplay.

4.) You don’t have to just use characters from stories you’ve written. For example, if you’re an artist, you can use characters that you’ve drawn

Alright, that’s it everyone! I’m gonna start (one more thing: ‘oc’ stands for ‘original character.’ I’m saying this because you might see the term come up)
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

122 Reviews

Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:30 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

It was a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing, and flowers were blooming. On days like these, Gengar liked to sit in the window alcove in her bedroom and read spooky stories. She lived in a house on a hill, and from the outside it looked abandoned--from the inside, it was full of color and Hello Kitty plushies. That was the way she liked it.

At some point, she got up to get some water out of the fridge. As she reached for the fridge, though, she noticed something odd. She took a closer look at her hand, which had changed in color and shape. When did that happen?

She rushed into the bathroom, and gasped as she saw someone else staring back at her.

Her head had become perfectly round, and her eyes were large and doe-like. She had become more humanoid, although not human. Her skin was a light yellow that faded into blue at the fingertips, and she was now wearing colorful overalls. Feather-like horns floated above her head.

She couldn't believe had transformed into one of her ocs, Angel.

Angel was an alien, hence his round head and abnormal skin color. He was normally softspoken and shy, but could ramble for hours about things he was passionate about.

Gengar stared in the mirror for a while. This was... strange, but she wasn't so alarmed. In fact, she thought this was really rad! Angel was one of her favorite ocs.

"Whoa," she said. She jumped in surprise when she realized her voice had become slightly high-pitched, just like Angel.

Besides looking like someone completely different, she didn't feel any different; she still felt like herself (but then again, she had modeled Angel's personality after herself).

Gengar began to think. If this is happening to me, is this happening to anyone else?

She walked outside and looked down at the YWS village. It was time to find out.

Spoiler! :
Hey, ooc here, but just wanted to say that Angel is 15. Also sorry for the poor image quality, I lost the original picture of him so I had to screenshot it.

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:21 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Foxmaster was having a wonderful day, when somethings my unexpected happened. She was just... eating a burger, when she felt.... Weird. Like her hair was longer. And her glasses had disappeared. She raced to the bathroom, and stared at the mirror, and gasped. The gasp was both surprised and delighted, because she had become her book character, Beatrice. Beatrice was this totally awesome creepy girl.
Foxmaster had long, smooth black hair, a pale face that made her look like she hadn't slept in years, and a white and black striped dress. Foxmaster squealed with delight. Beatrice was her favorite book character!
"This is so cool," said foxmaster, before switching to the role of herself (?) then.
"I mean... I've seen better," she said, before giving the mirror an icy glance and walking off.

122 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:17 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

As Gengar approached the YWS village, she stopped halfway down the hill she lived on. She looked down at her hands.

Now that she was Angel, would she had his powers as well? It was time to find out.

Angel had the power of light manipulation. She reached down and plucked a flower from the grass. It was blue. She twisted it in her hands, and it started to turn green, then yellow as its wavelength changed.

Neat-o! She stuck the flower in the front pocket of her overalls.

She continued walking down the hill, but as she entered the village, she immediately noticed something different.

She saw a turtle tortoise on the sidewalk… just like the one in @OrabellaAvenue’s poem

Across the street was a clown girl standing at 6 feet tall… just like the one in @vampricone6783’s story.

Gengar wasn’t surprised; if one strange thing was happening in YWS, then chances are that it was happening to everyone else too. But perhaps not everyone was happy about this change…

976 Reviews

Reviews: 976
Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:25 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

Vampricone looked down at her gloved hands, unable to believe her very own eyes...but they weren't her eyes, of course. They were Philippa's red glowing eyes, the ones that got her looked down upon.

All this time writing tales of terror and sorrow, she never once thought that she'd become one of them. A shadow of regrets, the world's outcast.

Vampricone held back a scream.

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:16 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Though she was a tortoise, Orabella was walking surprisingly fast.

Or at least that was what she was telling herself.

Why couldn't I have become a different character? Wait... one's dead and one's an inanimate object. You know what, a turtle is fine.

As the word, "turtle" entered her mind, a wave of anger splashed over her, and she fell backward. A headache throbbed through her tiny green head, and another voice entered her mind.

"TURTLE??! TURTLE?? I'M A TORTOISE, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!! HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED THIS BY NOW?????!!"

Tortoise! Tortoise! Orabella corrected, and the shouting subsided.

"Took you long enough." With a humph!, the voice disappeared, and Ora found herself laying on the sidewalk, staring face-up at the blue sky.

Wait! Is that you, tortoise? The one that wrote me a poem-letter?

No response came.

Orabella tried to turn over, but to no success. Her shell rolled slightly, but never moved enough for her to gain momentum to turn over.

A shadow fell over her body, and she found herself staring into the eyes of...
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

122 Reviews

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:36 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

…a yellow angel-like alien!

Gengar gently picked up the tortoise and set her back on her feet. The tortoise looked up at her. Who might this be? Gengar thought.

She then remembered the poem “Dear Human: NOT a Turtle,” and realized that this must be @OrabellaAvenue!

“Orabella?” She asked, “is that you? It’s me, Gengar.”

“Yes, it’s me!” Orabella replied, in a squeaky tortoise voice. “I don’t know what’s happened to me, but it seems that I’ve turned into one of my characters!”

Gengar looked around. Perhaps not everyone was happy with their change.

She looked back down at Orabella. “We should get to the bottom of this mystery and figure out what’s happening! You coming with me?”

Orabella nodded. She did NOT want to be a tortoise any longer.

“Okay then,” Gengar said, picking up Orabella and carrying her. Gengar looked around again. “We should try to round up a couple more YWSers; the more help, the better!”

They walked deeper into the YWS village

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:11 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

spottedpebble was minding her own business in the garden of poems when suddenly she started to shiver. Her face felt tingly and she worried that she had unknowingly walked through a spiderweb. They ran through the forest from @ariah347's poem Swaying Through Seasons: A Forests Farewell, past @envy's peonies from somethingthatmatters, and over the frozen lake from @alpacaboss's Frozen Lake to a small puddle they knew was the most reflective of all of the bodies of water in the poetry section of YWS village.

When Pebb looked in the little pool of water, they shrieked in surprise at what they saw. She looked like an undefined, transluscent, scribbly blob. She was wearing a pastel pink dress with small, red flower designs on it. They couldn't see a mouth or nose on their face, yet somehow she could still breathe. She screamed once again and noticed that a small rip opened up in the scribble-blob that was her head when she did so. Their eyes were wide and purple, and looked extremely cartoon-y.

"What's wrong with me?" Pebb cried, running into the more populated part of the village to see if anyone knew what was going on. When she reached the street that ran through the center of YWS village, they saw a yellow angel-like alien holding a turtle - or was it a tortoise? - and a quiet nurse wearing a Blue army nurse's uniform, like the nurse from @Rinisha's story, The Silent Nurse. There were others on the street as well, but Pebb didn't even know how to describe them all. It was like they were straight out of the writer's stories...

"Wait. Straight out of our stories! That's it! The characters from our stories are roaming the streets! But then why do I look like this? And where are all the authors?" asked Pebb.

Pebb nervously approached the turtle/tortoise and yellow alien. "Um... I need some assistance. Do you know where all the other YWSers went? Or why I suddenly turned into this? You see, I don't normally look like this. I'm actually spottedpebble but a few minutes ago-"

"spottedpebble?" asked the alien in a strangely familiar tone of voice. "Oh! I'm actually @GengarIsBestBoy, but I was turned into one of my characters, Angel."

"And I'm @OrabellaAvenue," said the turtle/tortoise. "I'm the tortoise from my poem, Dear Human: NOT a Turtle. We aren't really our characters, we just got turned into them."

A wave of realization crashed over Pebb. "Wait. So you mean that menacing figure over there with red veins is really just @Voidsoul who looks like the killer from her story The Gift and the Ghostspeaker? And that lady with a ponytail holding flowers is @Lullaby as the MC in Peonies in December? And that-"

"Yes, we get it. Everyone looks like one of their characters," said Gengar/Angel. She gave Pebb a sideways look. "Wait, which character are you?"

"Uh... I don't know." Pebb looked down at herself and realized something about the pink dress. "Wait a second! I know who I am!" they proclaimed loudly. "I'm the unnamed MC from my story Lily's Pond! I never described anything about what she looked like except for her dress."
Last edited by spottedpebble on Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:54 am
View Likes
Voidsoul says...

Void, who had woken up that morning feeling very tall and having uncontrollable magick powers, and had spent the day so far wandering around, panicking and trying to figure out how to return to normal, hurried up to the blob that had just announced itself to be @spottedpebble and the alien that was @GengarIsBestBoy (who was, of course, holding the tortoise-not-turtle that was @OrabellaAvenue).
“Not you too!” She cried. “I was hoping somebody would know how to help—I don't want to be Val, I don't like murdering people, I don't want revenge, and I hate the idea of having magick—I also can't control it!” She yelped, as a beam of light shot from her face, headed straight for Liam from @Wors6ip’s story (who was actually just @Wors6ip appearing to be Liam).
*dances randomly and hands you a cosmic brownie*

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:05 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Orabella looked around all the different characters, and looked down at her own turtle tortoise body.

"Is this happening to all YWSers everywhere?" @GengarIsBestBoy asked.

"I don't know," @spottedpebble replied. "Maybe?"

There was a chicken grazing a little ways off, and it reminded Orabella of @alliyah. There was person walking down a sidewalk toward the growing group of YWSers that reminded Orabella of Ktyra from @LuminescentAnt's story, "Purple Stones." Another person was walking a ways away with curly red hair... was it @Ari11 from their story "Fossilized Remembrance"? But Orabella thought that story was discontinued? Maybe it didn't matter when the story was made...

"What do we do now?" @foxmaster asked.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

122 Reviews

Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:32 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

“Hmm,” said Angel Gengar. “I don’t have any ideas.”

They looked around at everyone, and realized that the majority of them were new users.

Aha! That’s it!

“Hey guys, I just thought of something: maybe we need to contact an old member! I mean, they should know something about this, right? We need someone who’s wise and experienced! Someone like…”

Spoiler! :
psst, tag an old member

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:41 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

"Maybe someone like... @niteowl ?" A boy with rook-shaped earrings, and a checkerboard pattern dress piped up. "I'm teatiime by the way. Somehow I became Rook? I haven't even wrote about him yet!"

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:31 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

"Of course!" exclaimed the blob that was Pebble after a boy wearing a checkerboard patterned dress and rook-shaped earrings appeared and made a suggestion. "@niteowl should know what's going on! Wait a second, tea! You're a character that hasn't even been written about yet?"

@OrabellaAvenue raised a hand - or foot - or paw - or whatever turtles have. Sorry, tortoises. "I'm pretty sure I just saw @Ari11 as a character from a discontinued story over there."

"Hmm. So we have an unnamed character with no descriptions, a character that hasn't been written about yet and only exists in @teatiime's mind, and a character from a discontinued story who is no longer being written about? Something really strange is going on here," said @GengarIsBestBoy/Angel.

"We should get more people to join our group so we can study all the different types of characters that YWSers have turned into. Maybe then we can figure out what is happening and how to reverse it," @Voidsoul suggested as another beam of light shot from her face into the sky.

"That's a good idea," Orabella said, attempting to pat Voidsoul on the back but discovering that tortoises were too short to do that, and anyway maybe Voidsoul's character would accidentally shoot a beam of light at her if she did that.

"Maybe @foxmaster or @vampricone6783 would like to help us. Let's see if we can find people like @AilahEvelynMae, @LuminescentAnt, @starshipgirl, or @loveissourgrapes to take to @niteowl," said spottedpebble.
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:26 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

"Pebb, this could've been worse. I could have became a literal table made of lego's! Or even worse... a boy made of vines... eugh..." tea stared at @spottedpebble. "You look like a 3 year old's first drawing. I do like that dress though."

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

27 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:46 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

spottedpebble started laughing. "Why thank you, tea," they said to @teatiime. "Let this be a lesson to me to describe my characters better."
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind