Young Writers Society

Social Week: Aug 1-7

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:28 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Social Week: August 1-7

As the site prize for clearing the Green Room and finding the Golden Goose - the goose & mods will be hosting a Site Social Week August 1 - 7, free literary work posting (limit 5 per user) August 4 - 6. Can't have the Green Room looking empty forever right?

Check out the Social Week Schedule Below - we've got some exciting activities and tags planned for everyone!

Social Week Calendar

Tuesday, August 1 - Kick-Off to Social Week
@Spearmint is hosting a Community Art / Coloring Activity to get the Party Started!

Wednesday, August 2 -
How well do you know and trust your YWS friends??? Today @DreamyAlice is hosting a round of #TruthOrDare for all to participate in!

Thursday, August 3 -
We've found the Golden Goose, but can you find all the words? @IcyFlame will be hosting a fun Word Search Activity!

Friday, August 4 - Free Lit Work Day 1
The Green Room's been cleared, but it can't stay clear forever! Let's fill it up! Today will be our very first Free Literary Work Day (limit 5 works per user) - share your best stuff and find some new works to review! Also spread the love by filling the site with some #FriendshipPoem(s) hosted by @Plume!

Saturday, August 5 - Free Lit Work Day 2 - YWS Friendship Day
Okay, time to get a little nostalgic... today @Spearmint will be hosting special round of Shoutouts (stay tuned for more information!)

Sunday, August 6 - Free Lit Work Day 3 - GOLDEN GOOSE DAY
Today let's celebrate all things Goose. You are encouraged to give your avatar a coat of Gold Paint for the day and maybe even post an acrostic in honor of gooses if you're feeling ambitious. @alliyah will be hosting a Alphabet Quiz as well!

Monday, August 7 - Last Day to Celebrate!
To wrap up Social Week there's nothing better than a Write-In Party! Join your mods in a WFP pad and chat or write or work on your roleplays!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:28 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Welcome to the first day of Social Week!! We're starting with an art activity that'll run for the whole week.

To participate, post any YWS-related art on your wall with the hashtag #YWSart. But wait, that's not all-- if you want a challenge, why not try making some coloring pages? ;) Color other people's coloring pages and share your art with the #YWSart hashtag as well!

Here's a coloring page example, with some random doodles xD
I would love to see all of you color parts of it, or even all of it! :]

How I make a coloring page:
1. Draw the design on a blank sheet of paper. I trace my designs with black pen to make them clearer.
2. Scan it with an app like Adobe Scan. Clean up the image if needed.
3. Upload the image to imgur or discord, copy the link, and pop it into the code below:
Code: Select all
[img]<link here>[/img]

4. Post your image on YWS with the hashtag #YWSart and wait for people to color it!

Happy Social Week, everyone!!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:41 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

It's day three of Social Week! To celebrate, today we're running a YWS themed word search!

To participate save this image to your device and highlight all the words in the word bank below. You can then feel free to reupload your finished work for full bragging rights! Don't forget to use the hashtag #YWSWordSearch to share with everyone.

The wordsearch is below - at the end of the week we'll share the version with all the answers! Happy searching!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:52 am
View Likes
Plume says...

It's day four of Social Week and our first Free Lit Work Day!

Today's special activity is #FriendshipPoems! Spread the love for your fellow YWSers and write them a poem! Feel free to post it on their wall with the hashtag #FriendshipPoems. And if your love for everyone on the site is so grand, why not write a #FriendshipPoem to YWS as a whole?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

1227 Reviews

Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:45 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Information on Free Literary Work Posting

We hope you've been enjoying Social Week so far with all these fun activities! :D This Social Week we are also offering something that hasn't been done before a period of free literary work postings! That's right! From August 4-6 you can post up to 5 literary works on the site without using your own points - by requesting points for posting right here!

The After Watch has helped keep the Green Room under 15 works for the last 27 days an amazing feat, but it's time to fill up the Green Room with our best literary works once more!

Thank you to the mods and the Golden Goose for assisting in coordinating this event.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:26 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Hope you all have been having fun with Social Week and the free lit work days so far!!
Today is dedicated to celebrating friends across YWS. Tag an old (or new!) YWS friend/inspiration/legend on your wall! Feel free to make a sweet comment about them, or reminisce on some good times, or mention an inside joke. You can also tag some people that you'd like to get to know better! Shout out anyone you wish =P
Make sure to use the hashtag #Shoutouts or #shoutouts in your wall post!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1227 Reviews

Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:28 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

GOLDEN GOOSE DAY

Today let's celebrate all things Goose. You are encouraged to give your avatar a coat of Gold Paint for the day and maybe even post an acrostic in honor of gooses if you're feeling ambitious. Share some goose art, write a goose poem, share anything goose related that you like... #Goos

Grab a Hashtag Activity

Today in addition to celebrating all things Goose - we have a buffet of hashtags to enjoy! And don't forget, today's the last day to take advantage of the Free Literary Work Days. Try out any of the hashtags below for some fun! :)

~ #AlphabetAnswers To participate in this one, just copy and paste the questions below and tackle answering them. Then go ahead and read everyone else's to get to know everyone better! Leave a comment if you find someone's answers interesting or surprising. Woohoo! There are also a few different versions of this list - so you can go ahead and use a different one if you'd like to.

Code: Select all
[b]Are you a morning or night person?[/b]
[b]Biggest Pet Peeve:[/b]
[b]Collections?[/b]
[b]Dream job:[/b]
[b](your go-to) Emoji:[/b]
[b]Favorite YWS Work:[/b]
[b]Greatest achievement:[/b]
[b]Hardest part of the writing process:[/b]
[b]If you won the lottery, what would you do?[/b]
[b]Joke:[/b]
[b]Know a fun fact?[/b]
[b]Last read:[/b]
[b]Main writing project:[/b]
[b]Note to your past self:[/b]
[b]One non-necessity you couldn't live without:[/b]
[b]Person you admire:[/b]
[b]Question you'd like people to answer below:[/b]
[b]Reason to write:[/b]
[b]Sports:[/b]
[b]Tag a YWSer that's a good writer:[/b]
[b]Ultimate color:[/b]
[b]Volunteer?[/b]
[b]What are you working on?[/b]
[b]EXciting news:[/b]
[b]Your favorite unlikely combination:[/b]
[b]Zombies?[/b]

~ #TruthOrDare - Anyone up for a round of Truth or Dare? To participate - simply post the hashtag on your wall, and then people can give you a truth option and a dare option and then you get to choose which one you have to complete. Site rules apply, chaos may ensue!

~ #InterviewMe - The YWS Social Classic - to participate, simply post the hashtag on your wall, and then folks can ask whatever question they'd like from favorite color, to your writing process, whatever they're curious about I guess!

1227 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:48 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Last Day of Social Week Write In

Well we had a marvelous time celebrating the site with you this week along with the Golden Goose - thank you each for being you! Don't forget you can still participate in all of the week's activities today if you haven't had a chance yet! The Green Room is looking full of wonderful works again and the beautiful cycle of YWS starts once more! :D

Here's a last day of Social Week Write In for any to drop by to say hello, work on roleplays or writing, or just chat in as well (which just happens to be my 150th opened writing-pad). Thanks for participating this week, and have a lovely rest of your summer everyone!

I can factcheck ur flashback outfits
— SirenCymbaline