z

Young Writers Society

Need a review? Click here!

842 Reviews

Reviews: 842
Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:05 pm
ashleylee says...

Hello writers from YWS! I have decided to open a "Will Review for Food" Thread because I've noticed that I don't review as much, so I've decided that I need a little push.

But, don't worry. I love to review. Now that my writing is taking a new turn, I really enjoy reading other's works. And hopefully as I go along, my reviewing skills will improve as well :wink:

Requirements:

~ There really isn't any! :D I'll review anything from poetry to advanced works.
~ However, to contradict the first statement, I have never done anything with scripts or lyrics or art, but if you want me to, I'll have a go at it :wink:

Advanced Critiques:

~ I love these kind because I can be picky without the worry that the author of being slightly sad by it. I just want to make it clear that all these reviewers/writers on this site are here to help.
~ However, if you ever feel like I am being overly harsh or just plain mean, I want you to let me know. Feel free to PM me and let me know flat out if I am. That's why I'm here and I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Payment:

~ FREE! My services are here to help you so don't worry about giving me points or anything. I just like to do this :D

Time Period:

~ I only get to go on the internet every other day, so I have to be reasonable and say that I should be able to get to you within a week, depending on how many post on this link and say they need reviews.

Other things to know:

~ I'm trying to perfect my reviewing skills so just be warned that they might change from person to person as I try different things :wink:
~ Mostly I try to do a quote-by-quote review with things like spelling errors, oddly-worded sentences, ect. Warning though - I'm not that good at grammar so if you're looking for that, I wouldn't go to me.
~ Then, after I do the quote-by-quote, I usually give you my overall opinion. Sometimes it's short and sometimes it's long, depending on the story. I am aiming to lengthen that part of the review so just bare with me through that part.

Example of my reviews:

~ A Modern Day Twist - One Author: Merry_Haven Review by me: topic39753.html
~ She Should Have Known Better Author: CastlesInTheSky Review by me: post469547.html?highlight=#469547
~ Influence Chapter One Author: Ducati Review by me: topic40796.html

Well, I guess that's really all you need to know.

So don't be shy! Post away and I'll get working on your reviews!
Last edited by ashleylee on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love—and to put his trust in life."
~ Joseph Conrad

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~ Red Auerbach

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Ducati says...

Woohoo! Your post sounded so enthusiastic...
Please review my first chapter of Influence, in other fiction
topic40796.html
Thanks in advance.
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:44 pm
cooldude19967 says...

Hello ashleylee! I was wondering if you would take the time to help me by reviewing my script (or at least 1 section of it, all 6 are a bit much to ask). I know that not many people do the genre because they think they have to review a script differently, but it's getting a bit annoying having no reviews on almost all my work. As long as it is reviewed and I can find out what is wrong with it I'm happy. Be as harsh as you'd like! So how about it? It's called A Midsummer Night's Dream (Parts 1-6 at this point), but I'm trying to find a better title. Thank so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

1. topic38726.html
2. topic38905.html
3. topic39124.html
4. topic39967.html
5. topic40408.html
6. topic40630.html
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

842 Reviews

Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:09 pm
ashleylee says...

Ducati:

I finished yours and I'm glad it helped :D

cooldude19967:

I did the first two but I'm not sure when I can get around to the rest. Just expect the unexpected :wink: hehe
"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love—and to put his trust in life."
~ Joseph Conrad

~ Red Auerbach

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:35 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I am a newbie in desparate need of honest reviews. Please help me ><

Poem: post478157.html#478157

Novel Beginning: topic40957.html
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:40 pm
Wolf says...

Hey, could you review this? (post478310.html#478310) It's Romantic fiction, but it's not really ... romantic ... at all. ;P

Thanks! If you want me to review something of yours in return, check out my thread.
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 am
200397 says...

Hey, Ashley.

Look, I know I already asked you to review 1.1 and 1.2 of chapter one of my book (by the way, you did great! You caught some things I've overlooked for ages!) but I have to ask you a favor.

Can you review the whole chapter? And chapter two? I think they're about . . . twenty pages combined, but you've read the first six pages.

If you will, please PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you them that way. (I haven't posted the rest of chapter one and any of chapter two yet.) I would send you them as an attachment, but it said your quota of attachment PM files was full. :lol:

Thanks,

Sunny

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:52 am
ta-mara says...

Hey Ash,
I think you might've done a review or two for me already- and I feel greedy asking for more! Anytime you need a thourough review though, you can absolutely ask me.

I'd like for you to review a short story for me that I am considering entering in a writing contest. It's a sort of tie between two stories for now.

The story is about a young girl protecting an abandoned boy.

here is the link

post409199.html#409199

Thanks so much for your help.
Get to it whenever you can!

I owe you one!

842 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:42 pm
ashleylee says...

Angels-Symphony:

I critiqued your Poem and Novel Start and if you ever need any other advice just let me know and I'll be happy to help =]

Wolf:

I finished reviewing your Romantic Fiction work and I thought it was romantic. You had a little here and there. :wink: hehe If you need any further reviews on that, let me know.

200397:

I got your email and I am working on finishing those up for you. I'll just email the critiqeus back. :D

ta-mara:

I just got done critiquing your one story and I thought it was great =) If you ever need anything else reviewed, just let me know.
~ Joseph Conrad

~ Red Auerbach

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:05 am
Hannah says...

^_^ Oh, LOVELY. I'd love however harsh of a critique you'd like to give the beginning of what I hope will be my masterpiece. It's my baby and usually I wouldn't hand it around to just anyone, but I like this forum and I've found the members to be spectacular. Please take all the time you need. ^_^ Thank you so much in advance, though I'll thank you after the fact as well. ^_^ -infinite hearts to you-

topic42234.html

^_^

-runs around in joyous circles-

842 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:28 am
ashleylee says...

Hannah:

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get to this but I just submitted my review so hopefully I helped you.

Let me know if you need anything further critiqued and I'll be happy to help!
~ Joseph Conrad

~ Red Auerbach

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:49 am
asxz says...

Please review!

Don't care how long you take... just want to know what you think. Be as harsh as you want, and could you please use the 'track changes' tool if using Microsoft word?
Oh, and if you're looking for points, then I'll donate!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:54 am
Maki-Chan says...

How about topic43618.html

here is a little bit about it!

A childish girl who lives in a childish illusion that the world is loving and death doesn't exist. However, when she moves in with her stepmother everything will change. Simply meaning that a man comes along and bursts her bubble. Come and read the horrifying and disturbing horror/comedy about a girl and her neighbor, a homicidal mass murdering maniac!
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

842 Reviews

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 am
ashleylee says...

Asxz and Maki-Chan:

I'M DONE! FINALLY! I know, I'm horrible. It took me a while and I was neglecting this site but hopefully both reviews are of some help to you both.

I apologize, seriously. I guess I can't make excuses for myself and I know I'm super late but if you ever need anything else reviewed, let me know because I definitely owe both of you some reviews :wink:

Hope you are both well!
~ Joseph Conrad

~ Red Auerbach

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Please, please, pretty please review my chapter!

It's chapter two of my story, Break my Heart and Hope to Die, but the story's plot begins here. I'm not that great at boy-meets-girl-for-the-first-time sort of scenarios and this is what it's about. :smt100

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic44696.html

Thank you! :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau