z

Young Writers Society

Make me review, Yewis!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:21 pm
Sureal says...

I've decided I don't review enough now days, so I need you people to fix that for me. (Yes, I really am so that lazy that I can't be bothered to fix it on my own.)

What I review:

-- Fiction only. No poetry. I can offer nothing helpful to poets.

-- Nothing too long. As we've established, I'm lazy. I'll read anything up to around 2,000 words. Don't worry if you're several hundred words over that, though - as long as it's not near to 3,000 words, it should be okay.

-- Any genre. Well, except fanfiction. But fantasy fiction, literary fiction, romance fiction, whatever, I'll review it.

What I ask in return:

-- Nothing.

-- Although, if you do want to pay me back, give someone else a review. That'll make me happy.

What I promise:

-- Nothing. If you post your story here, there's no grantee I'll review it. (Lazy, remember.) I'll do my best, though, to get around to you.

A note: I will be critical. I won't make anyone break down in tears or anything, but I will be honest. If you're only interested in hearing how amazing your story is (you all know who you are) don't bother asking for a review. Unless your story really is amazing and faultless - in which case, go ahead, and enjoy the praise I give you.

Okay, Yewis, fire away.
I wrote the above just for you.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 pm
Tally says...

I'll help fix your problem in offering you my first chapter of a story - other fiction - for younger readers. Please be as brutal with your critique as you deem necessary!

A Lost Soul (working title) - Chapter 1

Thank you :D!
"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words." - Orwell, 1984.

icon by
[url=http://berauscht.livejournal.com/7074.html]cherry blossoms
[/url]

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:36 pm
Buddy. says...

Hey if you're interested in reviewing i haven't been getting many reviews and i'm new to this site so i figure this is the place to go.

It's a fiction piece, rated PG at most really.

I hope you enjoy it.

post582939.html?highlight=#582939

Thanks a million

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:01 pm
Tally says...

Hi, just quickly wanted to say thanks for the review, just what I needed! It was really informative and constructive advice that's going to be very helpful as I plough through editing. Thank you again!
"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words." - Orwell, 1984.

icon by
[url=http://berauscht.livejournal.com/7074.html]cherry blossoms
[/url]

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm
ZannaShepherd says...

Hi,
I have a story I would really like to get some feedback on. It's an entry for the Once Upon A Time contest, and so it's supposed to be a Fairy Tale. It's not very good so feel free to rip it apart, so I know what I need to work on.

Once Upon a Time
PG
Fantasy Fiction.
topic51479.html

~Zanna

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:05 pm
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky