DeadMenTe11N0Tales says...

Username:DeadMenTe11N0Tales
Name/Alias: Grim or Raven
Interests: Art, reading, roleplaying, romance
Color Preferences: Green, Purple,
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Roleplaying, chatting
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Taylor Swift
Favorite Books/Fandoms: FNAF, any gay book, tbh
Preferred Type of Gift: Writing, Gif, I really don't care! Just glad to get a gift What Do You NOT Want to Get?: not anything that's illegal or really really weird
Other: Thanks for doing this!!!
(You can call me Raven or Grim if you want)

Remember, until we meet again,

“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”― Lemony Snicket

This is DeadMenTe11N0Tales, signing off

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:52 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Username: Ventomology

Name/Alias: Vento or Vee

Interests: D&D, dance, cats, buildings/architecture

Color Preferences: Pink, purple, any jewel tone haha

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably forums/people tags and gen lit?

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: never been great at artist loyalty, but I like musical theater--except for the pop-sounding shows. And I haven't actually watched a new show in ages, but I like Avatar the Last Airbender. Also Shakespeare! I'm not really sure where to put him in this list lol.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: I like Dianna Wynne Jones's works, Ghibli, and cozy and/or unusual mysteries! I could live on cozies tbh. Big fan of pokemons too.

Preferred Type of Gift: I love art if you do art! Like many here I would probably collapse in a gooey puddle if you drew anything from something I wrote. I also get a real kick out of poetry and parody, and would never say no to a well-thought-out book recommendations list related to other interests on here. Both fiction and nonfiction are great.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As long as you put some thought into it, I'll be happy! And maybe keep it light-hearted?

Other: Happy Holidays!!!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:05 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I always have fun thinking about ideas for gifts so I want to try again this year!

Username: keystrings
Name/Alias: Key/Perks
Interests: Writing, reading, poetry, any reference to books, journals, listening to music, playing music, watching sports (hockey, baseball, basketball, football, etc.), watching movies/television shows, watching anime, reading manga, drawing.
Color Preferences: light/dark blues, light/dark purples, greys, silvers.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: I spend the most time in the forums right now and clubs, mainly reading posts.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I have a few favorite artists currently, including Fall Out Boy, The Killers and Cherry Bullet. So, alternative rock and girl K-pop as a combination.
Some of my favorite songs by Fall Out Boy are The Kids Aren't Alright and Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes. The Killers have some great songs including This River is Wild and Read My Mind. My favorite songs by Cherry Bullet are Broken and Love So Sweet. Finally, some other favorite songs are What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club, Dance On My Own by LOONA, and Cigarette Daydreams by Cage the Elephant.
I have watched some really good television over the years, so I would say my favorite shows are Lost, Reign, iZombie and Looking For Alaska. I fully recommend any of these shows to anyone.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: My favorite books only seem to grow over the years, but The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is a forever favorite (inspiration for my first ever username on this site) as well as The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and finally, The Hurricane Wars by Thea Guanzon to give a more recent novel. I don't have the time to keep up with fandoms anymore, but I still avidly follow anything related to Pokémon games, Baldur's Gate/Dungeons & Dragons, and well drama in the book/writing community.
Preferred Type of Gift: I would love some kind of banner to put on my profile involving either my interests/favorite things and color scheme, or a graphic to put in the "about me" section on my profile page. If that doesn't work, which is fair, then I would actually love a wallpaper for my phone that relates to something I like. If not that, then, I'm fine with some general graphic related to my interests in my preferred color scheme, aha. Hopefully that gives enough options to consider!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't really want to get anything that's written, especially if it's a ship related piece of writing, and I don't really want something that has neon colors or is mainly black/white.
Other: I looked back at the last entry I did for Secret Santa from 2020 -- some of my answers are the same ones without realizing xD
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:08 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Username: Rose

Name/Alias: Rose

Interests:
~Art
~Reading (I'm a proud bookworm :D)
~Films/series
~Mysteries
~Music

Color Preferences:
~Red (all shades of red, but mostly dark red)
~Light blue
~Dark green
~Black (plain colour or mixed with vibrant colours)

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:
Definitely the people tab and the randomosity forums

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:

Artists
~William Butler Yeats
~Leonardo Da Vinci
~Ed Sheeran
~One Republic
~Enrique Iglesias
~Zayn Malik
~Dua Lipa
~Selena Gomez
~Maroon 5
(the list is endless)

Songs
~Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran
~Lost by Maroon 5
~Be The One by Dua Lipa
~House of Memories by Panic! At the Disco
~Done For Me by Charlie Puth
~Champagne Problems by Taylor Swift
~Madness by Ruelle
~Trampoline by Zayn Malik and Shaed
(another endless list xD)

Movies/ Series
~All the Light We Cannot See
~Misson Impossible
~Pirates of the Caribbean
~Shadow and Bone
~Arrow
~Lincoln Lawyer
~Marvel

Favorite Books/Fandoms:
~Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
~13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
~The Guest List by Lucy Foley
~The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho
~Harry Potter
~Later by Stephen King
~The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Preferred Type of Gift:
Anything, everything. Something lovely, creative, fun, fascinating, awesome, just something that brings joy or a touch of magic.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?:
Perhaps not an avatar, or writing piece, nothing of romance or swearing.

Other:
Thank you and wishing you happy holidays! :-)
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:28 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

@Spearmint
@teatiime
@APoltergeist
@momonster
@Elinor
@ariah347
@LuminescentAnt
@starshipgirl
@Lullaby
@alliyah
@GengarIsBestBoy
@AmayaStatham
@Plume
@Valkyria
@DeadMenTe11N0Tales
@Ventomology
@keystrings
@Rose

Hello there! Thank you all for signing up for Secret Santa. The sign-ups have officially closed, and with that, the assignments have been sent out! If you have any questions, you can go to our Questions Thread or you can directly PM me or @IcyFlame.

Gifts are due January 6th. If you are no longer able to get your gift out in time let us know as soon as possible so that we can make other arrangements.

Thank you all so much for participating, and I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with.

Happy Holidays!
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein