z

Young Writers Society

Bridge To Terabithia

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:06 pm
flytodreams says...

Jesse has been practicing all summer to be the fastest runner in the fifth-grade at his school. But he is beat to that title by a strange new girl, Leslie. However, eventually they become best of friends and build a fantasy kingdom named Terabithia. But one day, something really awful happens...

Have you read this book? What do you think of it? I think it's terrific! It's so well-written.

About the summary ^^. If it sucks, please ignore it, and give Bridge to Terabithia a try, if you haven't read it.
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:57 pm
alleycat13 says...

I had to read this book for school in 4th or 5th grade. At the time, I didn't like it. Just the tone of it really put me off. But now that I'm older and more appreciative, I figured out that I really do like it. The story is tragic.

I should reread it, and I probably will sooner or later because of the movie they made. I want to see if they do it justice.

One thing I do remember is when they painted the gold room. For some reason that image has really stuck with me.

This book makes me think of Tuck Everlasting. It has the same kind of tone (I think), it made me cry, and it is tragic while being victorious.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:27 am
flytodreams says...

For some reason, everyone I know who's read this book, has read it in the 4th or 5th grade. I read it last year, and read it again some weeks ago. It's so sad... :cry:
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:42 am
Mythic Writing says...

I read it in the 2nd grade. I can only remember the land of Terabithia, nothing else. Oh, I loved the story, but I haven't read it in years... I have to find it again.
Cause We are Gonna Be
Forever You and Me
You Will Always Keep Me High
Flighing High in the Sky of Love
~Lighthouse Family, High

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:41 pm
canislupis says...

I sort of liked it, but they did a pretty awful job with the movie. I liked how they did the characters though.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

i LOVED the movie. of course, i've never read the book, so maybe that's why.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:08 pm
bubblewrapped says...

I read this years and years ago so cant really remember much about it, except for the ending and the fact that it is one of the saddest books I've ever read. I loved it though lol.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:55 am
Morgaine says...

I had to read it in grade six. It really is a beautiful beautiful book. The characters were real kids. I kind of forgot parts of it and mixed it up with the other book we read (Rain May and Captain Daniel...I think) but The ending stuck with me (when he leads his little sister into the wood) and I always found it heartwarming.
The Narwhales Are Coming...
Beware

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:58 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

I've read that book. I love it! I always promise myself when I come up towards the ending I won't cry, and yet I always do, dangit!

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:58 pm
Esmé says...

I haven't read it, nor have I seen the movie. i promised myself a while ago that I will do either, or both, of the two.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:01 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I haven't read the book merely because the film didn't look all that good if I'm honest. I mean I know they say that the books are always better than the films - and I agree with this, imaginary is a great director - but the film just looks plain awful, so I hate to think about the book.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 am
Mrs Elizabeth Darcy says...

This story made me cry...I confess I only read it because I saw a trailor for the movie and thought it looked interesting, so I wanted to read the book in order to be able to pick apart the movie with scorn and loud scoffs. Never did get around to watching the movie, but I left tear marks on the book.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife.
Pride and Prejudice, Chapter 1

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu May 01, 2008 1:06 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Yes I read it. It mead depressed for a two whole days. It's in my little sister's curriculum. So she had the book and as usual, an book I see lying I round, I pick it up and read it. I want to watch the movie though...
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu May 01, 2008 4:28 pm
Kepe says...

I loved that book! I read it last year, and I cried. The story has really stuck with me.

"Be happy, my friend; and if you obey me in this one request, remain satisfied that nothing on earth will have the power to interrupt my tranquility."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein