z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

4125 Reviews

Reviews: 4125
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:33 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry laughed at the order for poison. It was such an obvious grab for attention that he couldn't help it.

"Ah well, I'm not in the mood to explain all that unfortunately," said Harry, "Jen, how about you? Jen?"

He turned to see his sister staring intently at a boy in the corner. It was small figure hunched over a bowl of stew, almost as if he didn't want anyone to see his face. He didn't want anyone to see his face, realized Harry as he looked a little closer. His surface thoughts were all but screaming "Don't see my eyes. Don't see my eyes"

"That's someone who hasn't had the greatest of lives," said Jennifer, finally turning around. She put down her glass.

"Come on, I want to talk to him," she said getting up.

"Okay," said Harry, gulping down the rest of his drink and getting up himself. He nodded to the bartender. "Gonna go do that. Excuse us."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:06 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"If you think about it - isn't every name a codename for something else?" Wilson said, tapping her chin and then spinning around. Not to go anywhere, just to rotate for fun.

"Anywhoozle, nice to meet you, Greed!"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed rolled their eyes. "Mine is perfectly literal," they muttered and downed the rest of the poison. The acidic liquid burned their throat as it went down and, very quickly, their senses began to sharpen. Heart rate rising, mild disorientation, fight or flight starting to kick in. This human-based body was much more ideal than the others they'd tried. Far more complex when it came to instincts.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

More people were coming closer. What had Elem done wrong? He followed everything he always did when he went to different towns and taverns. Maybe he should have sat somewhere in the back of the tavern to avoid attention. The seat at the bar had seemed so warm and convenient, but that shouldn't have meant everything.

He was so done for.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:55 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Titling her head, as the boy stuttered out a hi, she kept quiet. He was clearly nervous, best not to try and make him talk.

Somthing moved out in her prereferral vision, the boy saw it too, he twitched ever so slighly.

She kept her cool demeanour, leaning on the chair, but swivelled her head, scanning the approaching strangers, carefully.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:39 am
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Oliver grabbed Harry by the shoulder as he passed. It was a gentle expression, though one could not tell this was because of his lack of arm strength or lack of aggression.
Harry seemed like a responsible... somewhat human, adult.
"I don't know if you've noticed the overabundance of interest of folk in here," Oliver commented glancing about, but his eyes falling on Elem once more, "What do you think we should do about the nervous child? Just leave the poor kid alone? Watch and makes sure no trouble happens?"
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:43 am
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena looked over at the shrinking boy, and decided these adults were jerks. The little guys gotta stick together, right? She got up and walked over to him.

"Hey there. I'm Glena, and this place is great. Have you tried their apple juice?"
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

4125 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:04 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry turned to face the man.

"Oh um...hi," he said, frowning, "we were investigate into that right now actually, weren't we Jen?"

"Yeah," said Jennifer, whirling around, "Well I need to talk to this kid regardless, something isn't quite right there." She kept walking.

"Yeah, I think I'll also go do that oh and to answer your question, I think the kid can decide that, I mean who are we to make decisions for him." Harry shrugged and jogged to catch up to Jennifer.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The air was growing hot and heavy.

Elem felt like he couldn't breath. His mom had always said that it was his anxiety. Even the capitol's councilors had said it was just his anxiety. But this didn't feel like the anxiety he had read about in the pamphlets his parents had given him when he was seven. It never did. It felt like something inside was about to snap.

"N-No," he managed to get out. The girl who had come over wasn't an adult like the other people in the tavern, but she had wings, too. Elem was still trying to wrap his head around that. How could people have something that birds were supposed to have? "I haven't had...apple juice."

He hadn't ever heard of an apple, but he didn't dare admit it.

He kept staring down at the bowl.

"I'm Elem," he softly said, the air right around him practically trembling.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4125 Reviews

Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry and Jennifer arrived came to a halt next to the boy. It was then that they realized just how many people were hanging out in that area of the bar. The boy didn't look to be doing all that well. He was almost trembling.

"Jen, you sure you want to talk to him?" asked Harry, frowning at the sight of the boy.

"You know what," said Jennifer, "on second thought, let's go join in the poison drinking." She whirled around and sped off.

"Oh come one," mumbled Harry, "you do all of that just to run off again." He punched the air and trudged after her.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

95 Reviews

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed raised an eyebrow at the pair who abruptly turned to approach them. "Need something?" they asked and took another swig of the toxin. It wasn't nearly as strong as they wanted it to be, but then, nothing ever was.

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wilson stepped into the back room behind the bar to check her watch and tapped it with a pout.

"Oh dear, I gotta get going now, don't I. Guess I better clock out!"

A few scribbles on a clipboard later, she poofed and was gone.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

4125 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Um, not really," replied Harry, shrugging, "I'm okay. Jen, you want anything?"

Jennifer shook her head. "Nope, I'm good."

"Yeah, so anyway, umm...hi, you got a name?" asked Harry.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

95 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:33 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Greed," Greed said and downed the last of their drink. Not even a buzz. What was even the point of an interdimensional tavern if the strongest poison couldn't even fog up the brain. The concept of a brain. Greed didn't pretend to understand their own anatomy.

They spun in their seat and crossed one leg over the other. "What brings you two to this little anomaly?"

he/they

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:57 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Spoiler! :
As a dragon, Amoku is red and very small, due to his curse. Amoku is originally a dragon, but is contained inside a smaller dragon's physical body. As a human, Amoku has a dark, asian look and always wears clothes according to the sheen, glare, and color of his actual scales. For example, on a sunny morning, Amoku's human form would have glittery clothes, but on a dark, stormy, cloudy night, he would look more like a beggar. Amoku usually appears as anything but a dragon, since he is extremely embarrased about his size. As a dragon, Amoku is about the size of a small wheelbarrow. After his curse, Amoku was banished and forced to wander the wilderness. He hasn't seen another living, talking creature in centuries that didn't try to kill him, so he is somewhat interested in interacting with other people. His actual name is Aamokan, but it gives him too much heartache to be called that.

The sun glared down on Amoku. He sighed; it seemed like everything glared down on Amoku now. Emphasis on "Down". He felt so short that the trees felt higher than him! TREES!

He had wandered in the wilderness for a long time now. Decades? Centuries? A few minutes? Time was weird in this area. As if it didn't belong.

He stared up at the Tavern.

Yeah, the Tavern glared down at him too.

It was about midday, and Amoku didn't really want to go back into the forest to be harrassed by mountain trolls. The thought gave him an idea. He could appear as a mountain troll in the tavern! That would certainly give a reaction! Unless, there were a bunch of mountain trolls in there. He could also appear to be a human, but that seemed too weak. Maybe he could appear as . . . No! He would appear as a mouse! He could spectate the creatures inside this Tavern and THEN become what would be most appealing.

That plan could never go wrong.

Amoku breathed a masking spell and morphed into a small rodent.

Now he was Really, really, really, really small. The concept of mice was actually pretty new to Amoku. In his eons of living as Aamokan, he always thought of mice as that thing that lives on your toe. He was completely weirded out at the crazy looking rodents. But morphing INTO a mouse was a whole new level of weird.

Of course he couldn't appear as a dragon. In his runty dragon form, he would get laughed at. Amoku could already hear whoever was inside there speaking, Ha! The runty dragon! So stupid! Let's kick him out!

No. He would go in as a mouse.

That plan went wrong almost immediately. Not in a bad way; He just couldn't open the door.

Growling, Amoku searched for a place to enter as he squeaked and chattered curses.

Finally, he found a small hole in the wall, which he struggled to fit through, and he finally entered. He stumbled around and accidentally began to roll.

". . . you two to this little anomaly?" said an extremely loud voice. Everything was amplified through Amoku's little mouse ears. He scrambled away frantically

So, thought Amoku, They ARE mostly humans. Well. I've never seen any humans with wings. Or any humans with green hair. Or much humans anyway. I'll just sneak out of here and burst inside as a mountain troll! HA HA!

Amoku the mouse began to search for his original entrance until he found that it was gone.

I'm not that incompetent, am I?, he thought morosely, forgetting that he was in a room filled with a bunch of humans who could easily step on him.

He was incompetent that way.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

Tons of cowering! Plus your name in the summer programme. A custom-designed banner. A cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Two shrines. I'll even throw in a Kymopoleia action figure.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus