The Tavern

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Someone was coming near him.

Elem didn't have to look up to know. Even before his tenth birthday, he had been able to sense things like that. He could never describe the feeling he got when someone came near, but it was startling. He sat up straight in his seat. The person coming near him was moving slowly, but they were coming in his direction.

He put his spoon back in its bowl.

Eyes wide and alert, he glanced back to see who was approaching. It was one of the winged people. Elem's heart was racing so fast he could hear it pounding it in his ears. He didn't know if this was normal in this part of the world. He had never gotten far enough in his education to know. The tavern's air trembled with a certain something that Elem was too terrified to notice.

She had to know his secret.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena stared up at the man, hiding a small bit of fear.

"Can you just go away? I don't need to tell you anything, and I don't want to." She paused and took a sip of her apple juice. "Besides, I can kill you if I wanted to." Glena summoned another crystal and pushed it into his notepad, ripping it in half neatly. She glared at him, looking for his reaction.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:36 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Zillah noticed the boy stiffen, he'd sensed her.
Passing the wing girl that'd first caught her intrest on the way towards the boy. She caught a tidbit of the conversation between her and the man talking to her. She pasued, descretly listening.

Zillah smiled when the girl threatened to kill the man if he didn't leave. The girl was fine for now, besides Zillah would be close by if the man didn't leave.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Oliver flinches slightly when the crystal destroys the notebook, grimacing like she had stepped on his foot, but then he forces a smile that melts into the eyes as he speaks.
"Well, I can see you can manage on your own, enjoy your apple juice." He nods at the Glena taking a step back. He pockets the crystal pieces of the notebook.
'Good thing I have a backup,' he thinks. Oliver, leans over to Zillah, noticing her approaching the nervous child. "I've never seen this many children in one tavern," He whispers and then glances at her wings, "Or really this many people with wings."
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:24 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed rolled their eyes. They were getting pretty sick of being ignored. Most of those weren't even children! Policing why they were or weren't in a tavern was ridiculous.

They sat back down at that bar and signaled the bartender. "I need something toxic."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

4130 Reviews

Reviews: 4130
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:24 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"It is still quite a story," said Jennifer, "I mean boredom might not be your only issue when trying to listen to it.:"

"Ah huh," said Harry. Someone behind them said something about breadcrumbs.

Harry frowned and subtly nodded in that direction making an X with his hands. Jennifer shook her head vigorously. Harry pouted. Jennifer did not relent. He sighed and turned back to his drink.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Well, I'll leave it up to you," Wilson said with a dip of her head, before zipping off to her needy customer, green-hair.

"Something toxic?" She reached under the counter and instantaneously pulled out a small shot glass filled with a bubbling deadly potion. "Like this? Or do you mean that metaphorically?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:05 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"No metaphor," they said, "pour me a glass."

Something with a kick to it would really help this whole situation.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Another person was coming near him.

If Elem's eyes could have widened anymore than they already had, they would have in that moment. He quickly glanced back. Neither one of them looked like the kingdom's soldiers, but he was sure that they were going to take him to them. Why else would they suddenly be heading towards him?

Even though he still had some stew left, he couldn't bring himself to take another bite of it.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:45 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wilson grinned and summoned a fancy goblet of a glass that magically filled to the brim.

“One Britney Spears for you,” she said, sliding it over. “Enjoy.”

95 Reviews

Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed snickered and took the drink. “So you’re the manifestation of time, hm?”

he/they

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:14 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Continuing her slow meader towards the boy, she noticed he'd stopped eating.
Danget. She didn't want to scare him. Though she did tend to have that effect on others.

Zillah tucked in her wings as she squeezed past a table beside the boys. Then placed her hands on the chair opposite the boy. Leaning on it.
"Hello."
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:30 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wilson nodded her head. "Oh, yeah! Thanks for noticing. I go by Wilson nowadays. What do you like to be called?"

95 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:38 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I'm Greed. Stupid code names aren't my thing." Greed took a sip of the poison. It was bitter and burned worse than the strongest vodka available to human kind. In other words, it was refreshing.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Elem went stiff in his seat.

He couldn't let his eyes be seen. Shadows were too unpredictable. If the light fell on his face in just the right way, it would reveal the truth about his eyes. He hadn't dared to check hers - or wouldn't dare until he was sure she wouldn't catch a glimpse of his own.

"H-Hi," he managed to stammer out in reply, gaze lingering on his stew.
mage

queer and here.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore