z

Young Writers Society

The Sea

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:38 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I was supposed to go see the king of something or another. Knew him - he was always angry with something. I didn't think he'd ever be king, 'cause his granddad was around forever." Kellach turned and looked up at the newcomer, who'd made what Kellach assumed was a greeting, and his eyes widened in joy. "Is that you?" He smiled, but it faded just as quickly. "Nah, the eyes are all wrong, and you don't look proud enough."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:44 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig smiled as he watched Rin pet the little goat. The kid let out a happy bleat and pushed its head into her hand.

"I think he likes you," Kixig chuckled.

-<>-

Jordan listened to what to her, sounded like the babbling of a man who'd had too much to drink. She simply smiled and nodded before addressing the newcomer.

"Can I help you to anything, sir?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:45 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Rin merely smiled and stroked its head. "I've always liked animals," she said, "but until just recently, life has been rather . . . restricting."

-<>-

"What would you recommend?" he asked, helping himself to a seat at the counter. Briefly, he turned to the man, who had obviously mistaken him for someone else. Or perhaps he was drunk.

"I'm sorry to disappoint," he said, but gave a polite nod before turning back to the woman.

"Nothing alcoholic, if you please. I like to keep my wits about me."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig nodded, watching Rin's face closely as she replied. "Is that a human way of saying you've come upon hard times?"

-<>-

"If you want something non-alcoholic, maybe you shouldn't have sat yourself at the bar," Jordan chuckled. "But I can get you some water if you like."

299 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:15 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I think I'll have some water too," Kellach said, putting a hand up to a temple. "Shouldn't have had some beer."

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:57 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"I suppose so," said Rin. "There was a war in my kingdom. We had to fight to regain our independence." And to win back my rightful place.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Oh boy. I'm really behind on this roleplay. Since I can't see Maahes hanging out at a bar because of some technical stuff involving what he is, I tried coming with an explanation of what he's been up to during the posts he wasn't referred to. I'm assuming this starts on the way to the bar? Hopefully this makes up for my lack of posting!

@Lael and @soundofmind, do you think you could include Maahes passing your characters in your next post? That way his story is tied together with the others. Maybe they could tag along?

He had heard countless times that people could be reborn, or that doppelgangers roamed the known universe. He had never bought into that, but he did know that it became harder to clearly remember someone the longer they were gone. Minuscule details of faces that should have been forever etched into his mind became difficult to recall, and soon it was easy to mistake one person for another. Voices became impossible to replace. Before long, they were reduced to generalizations and memories.

But then he had seen that young woman watching them from one of the doorways.

And she had looked far too familiar to be a coincidence.

He had glanced back at the others and decided that talking with her was more important than sticking with them. Even if it resulted in him being left behind when they left later on, it would be worth it. But before he could reach her, she had already left the store. He had been forced to follow her - which, in retrospect, probably was the reason why she had been so eager to leave.

It was only a matter of time before he caught up.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:50 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"I assumed that there was more to be served at a tavern than alcohol," he said, leaning forward and tilting his head slightly. "I am but a traveling foreigner who hopes to learn more about other lands."

-<>-

Then Rin suddenly wondered where the captain and Maahes had gone off to, as Kellach had entered the tavern. She remembered Maahes merely standing there, staring off into the distance at something in the village.

Just then, she saw something move in her peripheral vision. There he was, walking among the houses.

"Maahes!" she called, hoping to be friendly and perhaps invite him to see the animals.

Spoiler! :
@saentiel @FalconerGal9086

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:05 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"...I'm not in charge of what we serve here, dear. We have a much wider menu for our food. But I'll go get you your water, ok?" Jordan said with a polite smile. She poured their glasses and brought them to them promptly.

-<>-

Kixig nodded solmnly, remembering that she must've been talking about a kingdom not from this world. "Oh. I'm sorry..." he looked up and around, but still held the goat for her to pet.

With keen eyes he caught sight of one of the fellows from the ship, and it seemed Rin did as well. He smiled over to Maahes, waving at him in a welcoming manner.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hearing someone call his name made him come to a halt. The woman was too far away to hear what exact words had been spoken, but she seemed to realize that she had an opportunity to escape her follower. By the time he glanced back in her direction, she had already disappeared among the people crowding the streets.

He walked over to Rin and Kixig. He'd have to figure out where she went later. It would be rude to ignore both of them, especially when they seem so friendly towards him.

"Hi," he said, looking down at the adorable baby goat. He hesitantly reached a hand and gave it a little pat on the head. "What are you guys doing?"
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:21 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Petting animals," Kixig said with a smile.

299 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Traveler? I've traveled everywhere. Worth your time, but not always fun." Kellach downed all of the water in his glass in one go, and set the glass down on the table. "I'll have another."

81 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:49 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

He took a small, careful sip as he watched the other man. He was strange, a little hard to read. Interesting. Is that because that's the way he is, or is it because he's drunk?

"What are your names?" he asked casually, watching the water in his glass as he gently swirled it around.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I love animals," Maahes said, giving the baby goat a brief smile before once again focusing on the street. "Did you see a young woman run by? She had black hair cut into a bob, and there was a large scar on her cheek. She's about my height."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Kellach. Nice to meet you," he said. "And you are?"

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester