117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:58 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sure!

Tasha takes up the rear, listening to the conversation of the group in an unreadable silence as she scans the woods around them.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Thanks for the offer," Leon said with a grin. Even though they were certainly in a dangerous situation, he felt like his life was finally moving in the direction he had always hoped it would. It was only a matter of time before he would get Kane back to normal!

He turned to Darian. "So what are we all doing once we reach the caves?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:12 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Darian slowed his footsteps to a snail's crawl as the view of the cliffside opened up beyond the treeline. "Once we reach the caves? It'll be inglorious, I'm sure, but we'll manage to evade predators."

To his side he turned and shot a rope of light into the shadows of the trees, trapping a void-possessed hog creature, eyes aglow with red fury.

"And gods favoring us, we'll eventually reach the harbor village of Waterstain."

He looked ahead, seeing a textural difference in the cliff face immediately. "Our favor is shining."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"PRAISE GOD," Amy sighed in relief, seeing the cave ahead as they got closer.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She moves forward, looking up at the craggy rocks. "A bit high up, but climbable," she observes.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When he realized that nightfall was approaching, he had decided to seek out a place to stay the night. He could have theoretically continued his search, but he was still unsure of what was lurking amidst the valley. The cave that he was now sitting in presented the best shelter from the things outside. It also gave him the perfect opportunity to examine the newest artifacts that he had found. He fished a small amulet from the depths of his bag. Just as he was about to see what it could do, he heard the sound of something approaching the cave.

The amulet was returned to its bag, and he grabbed his zatnikitel from beside him. The weapon opened as whatever it was came closer. After he got back on his feet, he held up the gun-like device and aimed it at the entrance.

If he was dealing with a threat, he was prepared.

Spoiler! :
This is Maahes. I don't have a character profile up for him yet, but I should in the near future. I'll add a link to it to this post when I do. Maahes is the normal size for a human. He has dark skin, a long and thick scarlet braid that goes past his waist and dark brown eyes. He's currently wearing a long coat and tall boots.

He's from my Stargate: SG-1 and Bartimaeus Trilogy crossover that I'll probably never actually write.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Lumi, @soundofmind, @FalconryGirl9086 and @ardentlyThieving, could one of you please post soon? I'm pretty excited about Maahes meeting up with the other characters, and I'd love to see him interact with them soon!
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy, with eyes set on the cave ahead, powered ahead to the front of the group, deciding to take the lead. She adjusted the straps of her backpack and secured Darian's bag over her shoulders so she didn't have to hold onto anything, and looked confidently up at the scraggly rocks once they arrived at the base of them.

She looked back confidently at the group, her hands on her hips. "Don't you worry, folks. You're lookin' at a grade A rock climber, here at your service. Any of ya'll need help getting up there?" She looked to Darian with expectation, but wasn't about to force him to accept help if he legitimately felt capable.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Darian examined the climb to the cavern's maw, then turned to Amy, nodding. "I will put my ego aside for this. Once inside, I have a rope we may weave into a ladder for others."
-Shinji Moon

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Leon stared up at the climb. "I'm a good climber," he hesitantly said, though he struggled to recall the last time that he had climbed something like this.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I've climbed quite a bit, I can come up after you, Amy, and help you with the ropes," Tasha offers, breaking her long silence.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:23 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy nodded, and gave Leon and Tasha a thumbs up. "Ok! Ya'll just follow after me, and can use the holds and stuff that I find." She started up the face of the rocks, nimbly traveling up despite the pack on her back. She carefully found solid hand and foot holds, and eventually pulled herself up to the top, flopping into the entrance of the cave with a heave.

She rummaged through Darian's bag, pulling out the rope, and looked back down to see how Tasha and Leon were doing.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 am
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

Marius' heart thudded in his chest as he stared up at the cave. He wiped his palms against his trousers, trying to get rid of the sweat that was building up. "I'll - I'll bring up the rear," he suggested weakly. "Cover our backs and all that."

Spoiler! :
Had my mock exams, but those are over now so I've got more time!
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:12 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Yay!

She hasn't done anything like this in a long time, but the years of working as a thief scaling walls and buildings certainly pays off as she clambers up after Amy.

he/him/his

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Down on the ground, Darian extinguished the torch against the cliffside with a dusty puff of ash. Moments later, a rope dropped to his side with a loop at the bottom for one foot.

"Would you prefer to ascend first, my new comrade?" he asked over his shoulder to Marius. "Your unrest is palpable."
-Shinji Moon

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende