z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:19 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Oh I thought it showed which topics you've posted in! I think the little scrolling movement is for popular topics. ^^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:32 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Ohhh yeah that makes sense because I screenshotted that from the KotGR forum, and mine is the only log that has the asterisk. And my log isn't that popular, i think.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:13 am
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

Ok, so I've been here for about two weeks or so, but I cannot figure out what WriterFeed Pads are. I've created my account for it, but I'm confused as to what they do, who can join them, and just how they work in general. Can someone give me a quick rundown?
hi

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:22 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

@avianwings47

Hi! Welcome to YWS! :) I am part of the Resource Crew here - so am just copy-pasting part of an article I'm writing to help users know what WFPs are -

What is Writers Feed Pad (WFP)?
WFP stands for WriterFeed Pad, and it's a place to write, collaborate, and chat with other people online. (Basically like a shared google doc or word doc that other people with the link can see, and use, and chat together on, some people use the shared setting, some just use WFPs to store their own YWS notes and writing.)

To open your own WFP click "Me" on the top bar of your YWS screen, then choose "WriterFeed Pad" from there you login just as you typically would on YWS - and can select "Create a new pad" to get started, the default settings on pads are set to private (under the "Security" header) but the fun really begins when you allow other people to jump into the pad to write alongside you by setting it to public (again under the "Security" heading).

To join another person's WFP, just click on the link that they've shared! You should be taken to a screen that looks something like the image below.

Once there, you can change your name and color by clicking on the name at the top right. On the bottom right is the chatbox. Type a message there and hit enter to send it and chat with other people! The large box on the left is the main area of the WFP. It's typically used when you have to write more, or to store things that you don't want to get lost in the fast-moving chat. You'll want to save your writing somewhere else when you're done (like a word document) so that you don't lose it if you lose track of the pad. Note that if you set a password in WFP and lose the password, it can not be recovered.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

39 Reviews

39 Reviews

Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:54 am
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

Wow asking another question again? Double-posting? Disgraceful.

Uh... anyway, I noticed that only some forum posts show up on the site feed, and I was just wondering why.
hi

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:58 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

@avianwings47 what do you mean by that?

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

39 Reviews

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:13 am
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

@herbalhour Sometimes I'll make a post on a forum, and it'll show up on the site feed(like, the home page thing). But sometimes, it doesn't.
hi

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:17 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

ah, some forums just dont do it! also subtopics in topics and shtuff... i'd ask a gm for a more consice answer though.

@avianwings47

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

That’s an excellent question! I’m not sure why that is, but maybe @alliyah or @IcyFlame would know why only certain forum posts show up on the homepage?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:43 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Herb is right -> the site coding is set up to highlight certain forums on the site feed as an extra boost while other forums are not. I believe the events (nano, napo...) and resources do not post there for instance. If you ever want to stay on top of a thread you can always subscribe to it to get the latest notifs.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:44 am
View Likes
Moonlily says...

Hello, I feel a tad silly to ask this but I forgot what/if there is a word cap for posting a literary work? Thank you!

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:42 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Hi @Moonlily, there are no silly questions!

I wouldn't say there's a word cap, but you'll find the longer your piece is the less likely you are to get reviews on it because it can be overwhelming for someone to try and tackle. I would suggest posting longer works in multiple parts (I find about 2500-3000 words to be the upper limit, but also take into consideration how easy the piece is to read).

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100